Back Pack or Pack

ShellyT

Original Poster
Hello everyone,

We are leaving in 6 days for our 1st trip to WDW! YEAH! And I am just finishing up some final stuff (gathering supplies, packing, etc.).

I was wondering what do most of you prefer taking into the parks? A backpack or a pack? I was originally going to just go with a pack but am now wondering if that will be big enough? I don't know what all we will be taking into the park yet but I do know we will have a digital camera, rain ponchos, water bottles and not sure what else. Should I go with a backpack instead? I just hate the idea of having to lug it around all day.

Thanks for any input :)

that_L_do_pig

ShellyT said:
Hello everyone,

We are leaving in 6 days for our 1st trip to WDW! YEAH! And I am just finishing up some final stuff (gathering supplies, packing, etc.).

I was wondering what do most of you prefer taking into the parks? A backpack or a pack? I was originally going to just go with a pack but am now wondering if that will be big enough? I don't know what all we will be taking into the park yet but I do know we will have a digital camera, rain ponchos, water bottles and not sure what else. Should I go with a backpack instead? I just hate the idea of having to lug it around all day.

Thanks for any input :)

backpack for the extra room - Oh and don't call it a pack in Europe ;)

rainfully

A backpack can carry all you want and more... and well... it won't be on your .

I didn't even know they made packs anymore! :D

Tigger1988

I found a backpack that wasn't huge and bulky....its small and holds everything...a water bottle...camera..wallet...cell..etc

it was made by adidas, its bigger than a pack and holds way more than one

ballewclan

Tigger1988 said:
I found a backpack that wasn't huge and bulky....its small and holds everything...a water bottle...camera..wallet...cell..etc

it was made by adidas, its bigger than a pack and holds way more than one

I have something similar to this now, except i must admit i do own a "2003 Walt Disney World, The MAGICAL place to be" pack! I used to wear them all the timw when i was younger...

Tigger1988

ballewclan said:
I have something similar to this now, except i must admit i do own a "2003 Walt Disney World, The MAGICAL place to be" pack! I used to wear them all the timw when i was younger...

hahaha a pack on anyone older than..say age 9 just looks wrong...they need to be outlawed :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
that_L_do_pig said:
backpack for the extra room - Oh and don't call it a pack in Europe ;)

Beat me to it :lol:

You don`t want to know what that word means over here. And I don`t mean `pack`.

We call `em "bum bags" (probably since they tend to slide round your waist if not loaded)

In anycase, we found them Invaluable in WDW & DLP; money, maps, lens wipes, batteries, tapes, memory cards (spot the photographer) etc - and no bag to locker / leave behind on certain rides. We also tied our bought-in-the-park raincoat-in-a-bag to them, and also got neat water bottle straps in Epcot too. Yes, we looked like comandos, but you need to be for a day at Epcot in June!

ZapperZ

No contest: A backpack. The one I carry is also extra special because it says "Passholder Exclusive" (it was what suckered me into getting the Disney Visa card. I have very little willpower when it comes to these things).

Since I carry a large beach towel and an ultra-light tripod, only a backpack will do.

Zz.

ShellyT

Original Poster
Oh thank you so much! I will be getting a backpack for sure now!

And LOL I don't know what pack means in Europe but sounds like I don't want to know :) hehehe

Thankse everyone!!

The_CEO

pack for people stuck in the 90's. Back pack for people who enjoy the extra room. The way I see it, is your going to be searched either way.. So why not have the extra room?

brich

I don't think I'm stuck in the 90's but I prefer something a bit smaller than a backpack. This is what I use...
http://www.thenorthface.com/opencms/opencms/tnf/gear.jsp?productId=6004
I usually don't carry water bottles, instead I put my little digital camera in one of the pouches. The front zip pocket holds passes and what not. The inside is big enough for my video camera and sunglasses and sunscreen for the kids. I've never really needed to carry anything else. This is easy to strap around your waist (I keep mine in front so no one can get into it on my back and I can quickly access the cameras) or it has a shoulder strap. I find it more manageable getting on and off rides. My 2 cents, hope it helps... :D

CoffeeJedi

i have one of those "one strap cross your chest" backpacks that were all the rage in 2000 or so, its slimmer than a full size backpack, but big enough for everything you need for a day at wdw (and looks a bit more stylish too)

brich

GrandFloridian1 said:
I don't care who sees me but I go with the Pack all the way. The less I have to carry in the heat the better. Plus, WDW is like Pack heaven.
HOORAY for the FannyPackers !! :lookaroun

DeathBySka1986

Backpack, baby.

See, I always pack as little as possible (i.e.: digital camera, water bottle, sunscreen, sandals, and a few Band-Aids). Thus leaving me with a a lot of extra space. Extra space = more room for stuff = MORE SHOPPING! WOOT. Oh, and you can always put the straps around your ankles while riding attractions like Rock n' Roller-coaster, which keeps the bag nice and secure. (Believe it or not).

Tigger1988

DeathBySka1986 said:
See, I always pack as little as possible (i.e.: digital camera, water bottle, sunscreen, sandals, and a few Band-Aids). Thus leaving me with a a lot of extra space. Extra space = more room for stuff = MORE SHOPPING! WOOT. Oh, and you can always put the straps around your ankles while riding attractions like Rock n' Roller-coaster, which keeps the bag nice and secure. (Believe it or not).

yup, putting a foot through the straps keeps the backpack totally secure on that ride and tower of terror...its great

CoffeeJedi

brich said:
HOORAY for the FannyPackers !! :lookaroun
*snicker*
yes... so brave to *giggle* COME OUT like that *hehehehehe*
:lookaroun
BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ok, ok, enough juvenile humor for now... hehehe

ogryn

I used bum bags when I was younger. I think I'll just stick to shorts with lots of pockets nowadays (my sunglasses will get crushed whatever I choose :rolleyes: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom