Back Pack or Pack

shari71

We always called them belly bags around here...don't know why, just what it is called.

My husband and I purchased nice Disney leather ones a couple of years back and we love them. Holds our camera, batteries, wallet, etc without extra weight and wondering what to do with it.

This year I found some Disney princess ones at Big Lots for my girls. That way they can keep things like pressed pennies, confettie, sun glasses, etc in theirs.

We also have to carry a baby bag which fits in the stroller well, so maybe once the stroller is gone we will have to switch to a back pack, but for now it is a pretty easy system.

nibblesandbits

I used a backpack purse when I went. It's bigger than a pack, but it's smaller than an actual backpack, so it's a little more portable. Mine carried everything I needed easily.

bigorangeandy

I am a backpack person, but then again I carry everything for my family of four. No way that I could get everything in a pack, or what ever you wish to call them.

FanofDinsey1981

donvincenzo said:

Something along these lines might be good. They can fit a good amount and aren't too bad to lug around.

That is exactly what I use! (except mine says illinois basketball on it). It works nicely, and the straps are thin, so they don't leave a big suntan line on your shoulders. and it doesn't feel very heavy either, and it forms to whatever pouch on a ride you need it to fit into.

hcswingfield

GrandFloridian1 said:
I don't care who sees me but I go with the Pack all the way. The less I have to carry in the heat the better. Plus, WDW is like Pack heaven.

I'm with you, GF. Who cares if I'm not a slave to fashion. If it carries the gear, I wear it. My latest discovery is cargo shorts. It's unbelievable what will fit in all those pockets. Water bottle, digital camera, rain poncho! And security doesn't check your pants pockets, either. :lookaroun

Ringo8n24

I prefer the backpack, but truly prefer if I can get everything I will require in my pockets. My husband spoils me by carrying the backpack for me so I can enjoy not having it, but still having everything I need. I do give him a break throughout the day and carry it for him, but he insists it does not bother him. We do not each bring one because it is a pain already to get one searched.

SheenaXena

I just ordered 2 waist packs. They look big enough. I didn't want to carry a backpack around all day. I like the fact that you don't actually carry it, you wear it around your waist. And it holds all the essentials.

hcswingfield

SheenaXena said:
I just ordered 2 waist packs. They look big enough. I didn't want to carry a backpack around all day. I like the fact that you don't actually carry it, you wear it around your waist. And it holds all the essentials.

Another advantage of hip packs over the backpack is that they don't add all that insulation to your back in warm weather. A backpack can be like wearing a large blanket on your back!

Yellow Shoes

Here's my plan:

Water bottle strap and pack.

I love the straps you can buy at WDW (around $3.50 at every ice cream cart), but one from home is great too.

It occurred to me whilst reading the "things you've lost at WDW" thread that quite a few losses happened when backpacks came off and were forgotten.

That pack is attached and you never have to take it off for a ride. Makes a nice crumb catcher when you eat also.

brich

hcswingfield said:
I'm with you, GF. Who cares if I'm not a slave to fashion. If it carries the gear, I wear it. My latest discovery is cargo shorts. It's unbelievable what will fit in all those pockets. Water bottle, digital camera, rain poncho! And security doesn't check your pants pockets, either. :lookaroun
YES!! Those cargo shorts are great. They come with some pretty big pockets these days too. When my 3 year old gets tired, I can stick him in my pocket so he can take a nap!! :lol:

Cinderella Fan

Instead of carrying water, go to any counter service operation and ask for iced water. They will give it to you free! And, you don't have to carry bottles around all day trying to fill them up.

Have a great trip!! You will love it!:wave:

Tigger1988

Cinderella Fan said:
Instead of carrying water, go to any counter service operation and ask for iced water. They will give it to you free! And, you don't have to carry bottles around all day trying to fill them up.

Have a great trip!! You will love it!:wave:

But whats the water from? tap?

kellydisney

I second that packs should be outlawed. Along with bikinis for chubby girls and speedos for ANY and all men, fat or thin at the water parks and those shrug things that are popular right now. "Fat girl, little coat" :drevil:

Sincerely,

The Fashion PoPo
:wave:

ELopez

I think it really depends on what you are needing to carry. We always carry one backpack for the entire family and take turns wearing it. The advantages are it has plenty of room, it's nice only having to carry it for part of the time, and I'm not committing a fashion crime (at least I don't think so).

DeathBySka1986

kellydisney said:
I second that packs should be outlawed. Along with bikinis for chubby girls and speedos for ANY and all men, fat or thin at the water parks and those shrug things that are popular right now. "Fat girl, little coat" :drevil:

Sincerely,

The Fashion PoPo
:wave:

What the heck is a "shrug"? Have they become this year's fashion equivalent of the poncho? ::shudders::

Tom

Beta Return
hcswingfield said:
...My latest discovery is cargo shorts. It's unbelievable what will fit in all those pockets. Water bottle, digital camera, rain poncho! And security doesn't check your pants pockets, either. :lookaroun

YES!! I ONLY wear Cargo Shorts to the world now! Let's see....mini disposable poncho in back pocket, wallet in the other back pocket, park maps and misc small purchases in front left velcro pocket, and digital camera (compact Kodak digital) in front right! No security - no "attachments" - nothing to leave on a ride!

EDIT: Ok, I can't stand it anymore....could someone send me a private or instant message with the meaning of "" from 'cross the pond?!?! :)

shore

edwardtc said:
EDIT: Ok, I can't stand it anymore....could someone send me a private or instant message with the meaning of "" from 'cross the pond?!?! :)

So this coworker of mine named Richard was visiting Wales on business and the host company had sent a driver to pick him up at the airport. As they were driving through the countryside, Richard expressed surprise that the seats in the car were heated and referred to them as ' warmers'. The driver without a pause said 'I am happy you enjoy them M'am'.

Tom

Beta Return
shore said:
So this coworker of mine named Richard was visiting Wales on business and the host company had sent a driver to pick him up at the airport. As they were driving through the countryside, Richard expressed surprise that the seats in the car were heated and referred to them as ' warmers'. The driver without a pause said 'I am happy you enjoy them M'am'.

Ok...perhaps because it is Midnight Thirty here...or because I'm an idiot - but if that was supposed to help me understand the European meaning of "" - then you have failed :lol:

NeedABreak

edwardtc said:
Ok...perhaps because it is Midnight Thirty here...or because I'm an idiot - but if that was supposed to help me understand the European meaning of "" - then you have failed :lol:

LMAO can I just say that I love the posters on this site!

We always go with backpacks and I end up lugging around the family's gear but thats ok, we go in November and its not to hot. Nothing wrong with packs/bum-bags/belly bags/hip pouches I guess but I don't want that thing around my waist bouncing around all day.

Backpack holds camera, camcorder, snacks, extra shirt (you never know), and ponchos (not much rain in November, ponchos to protect the cameras) and any other little thing we pickup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom