Back Pack or Pack

DisneyFreak529

My husband loves his pack! My frist trip I took a backpack & hated it! My second trip took a pack w/ my camcorder bag and loved it. I had the camcorder and my husband had his pack and it was great.

The only things is with the backpack you can bring water & I drink a lot of water. With the backpack my husband has to wear the backpack and I have to have the camcorder so either way one of us has a bag. It's all good!

Pippa

For those that are ignorant of the meaning of the word "" in Europe. It is a slang term for ladies private parts!!!!

Yellow Shoes

Tigger1988 said:
But whats the water from? tap?

It probably is filtered water from the soda machine.

You know, often there is a little lever beside a non-carbonated selection like lemonade or fruit punch for water. That stuff tastes better than tap water.

However, IMHO, the Brita filter bottle is absolutely the way to go.

rentNdisney

GrandFloridian1 said:
I don't care who sees me but I go with the Pack all the way. The less I have to carry in the heat the better. Plus, WDW is like Pack heaven.

I'm totally with you! Plus I managed to go into Urban Outiftters and find a really cute LeSportsac pack for only 10 bucks! And if anyone says anyhting, tell them that kitchy 90's retro is back in. Come on, I Love the 90's on VH1 totally made the 90's cool again last year.

Tom

Beta Return
Pippa said:
For those that are ignorant of the meaning of the word "" in Europe. It is a slang term for ladies private parts!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you!! That makes Shore's post extremely funny now!

barnum42

shore said:
So this coworker of mine named Richard was visiting Wales on business and the host company had sent a driver to pick him up at the airport. As they were driving through the countryside, Richard expressed surprise that the seats in the car were heated and referred to them as ' warmers'. The driver without a pause said 'I am happy you enjoy them M'am'.
It's english slang for the reproductive area of the female anatomy.

Tara Mae

Pack for many reasons.

A: Gets you through the security checks a lot faster. (And if you go fast, the people behind you go fast)

B: You don't need to carry anything more than the digital camera, water bottle, a few first aid implements, a snack or two, cell phone, and hygenic supplies.

C: There's no need to carry a backpack that is overloaded with useless junk. You don't need any magazines to keep you occupied, you don't need to carry the kitchen sink...having a back pack will not only slow you down, but others.

I get very annoyed when I'm standing in line behind someone with a backpack. Either they take up too much space, or they eventually turn around, wacking you in the head with the pack.

packs, believe it or not, can fit quite a few things, sometimes even more than what you want to put in a backpack. They can succomb to any shape or size. It'll do you wonders, I promise.

wdwjmp239

rainfully said:
A backpack can carry all you want and more... and well... it won't be on your .

I didn't even know they made packs anymore! :D

I like to carry the laptop backpacks. Although, some of these backpacks can be quite costly (mine was $85), they have a section for cell phone, a couple of front pockets for maps, autograph books (if you have kids, which I'm sure most of you do), water bottles (they're very water resistant), etc. Though, when I'm not at Disney, I do use my backpack for my laptop...

And speaking of laptop....I go back to school (college) on Sept 8th where I'm now getting my Masters Degree in Management Information Systems at International College (http://www.internationalcollege.edu) in Naples, Fl. :)

wdwjmp239

Tara Mae said:

I get very annoyed when I'm standing in line behind someone with a backpack. Either they take up too much space, or they eventually turn around, wacking you in the head with the pack.

packs, believe it or not, can fit quite a few things, sometimes even more than what you want to put in a backpack. They can succomb to any shape or size. It'll do you wonders, I promise.

Why do you get annoyed? The park is open for 10-11 hrs/day. If you have "Joe Tourist" in front of you carrying a backpack and is going through a security checkpoint, it really doesn't take any time at all for them to go through the bags (2 mins at least?). Security, I'm sure, understand that the people in line are "in a rush" to get in the park, but if you're staying at Disney for 7-10 days, you have plenty of time to see the parks in their entirety! As for me, I've been to Disney well over 30 times in the past 3 years (it's convenient to live 3 hrs away) and have seen Disney over and over and over again to the point where when I go back, I go see and do what I enjoy and move on to the next park.

If you really want to get annoyed over something -- get annoyed over the pain in the @$$ (sorry...) guests that try to cut in line or claim that the party in front of you is part of "their group" and they need to catch up with them. Then, there's always those pesky tour groups (ie: The Artuba Tour Groups I saw there a few yrs ago) that think they rule the roost and cut in line no matter where you are. But, that's another rant altogether....

*sigh*

The_CEO

Tara Mae said:
I get very annoyed when I'm standing in line behind someone with a backpack.

I'd hate to be behind you when a ride breaks down then...

Because if that annoys you, gosh only knows what an ACTUAL problem would be like!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
We always just take a small U-HAUL trailer with us to the parks.
People really seem to give us a wide bearth, and it can be parked at the stroller parking.

wdwjmp239

unkadug said:
We always just take a small U-HAUL trailer with us to the parks.
People really seem to give us a wide bearth, and it can be parked at the stroller parking.

So, the next time I see that U-Haul trailer around, I'll know who it is. :)

:wave:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
oops , didn't finish... Just Kidding!!!

I really do think its a matter of personal preference.

The pack has suited me fine in the past. So has a small backpack
(I say small because you really dont want to be lugging around a big heavy backpack and the big ones really do get in the way in lines, etc. and tend to P.O. certain guests!!) :fork: Try to be considerate! :wave:

hcswingfield said:
My latest discovery is cargo shorts. It's unbelievable what will fit in all those pockets. Water bottle, digital camera, rain poncho! And security doesn't check your pants pockets, either.

Excellent suggestion hcswingfield :wave: , I've worn Cargo pants/shorts and gotten away with not having to carry anything else in with me!!

Tom

Beta Return
ntn_haqqer said:
Why do you get annoyed? The park is open for 10-11 hrs/day. If you have "Joe Tourist" in front of you carrying a backpack and is going through a security checkpoint, it really doesn't take any time at all for them to go through the bags (2 mins at least?). Security, I'm sure, understand that the people in line are "in a rush" to get in the park, but if you're staying at Disney for 7-10 days, you have plenty of time to see the parks in their entirety! As for me, I've been to Disney well over 30 times in the past 3 years (it's convenient to live 3 hrs away) and have seen Disney over and over and over again to the point where when I go back, I go see and do what I enjoy and move on to the next park.

Did you even read the post before you replied to it? She said NOTHING about people with backpacks taking up too much of her time. She said they take up a lot of space, and often, the careless backpack wearers lose track of where that extension of their body is, and whack it into her by turning abruptly or backing up. Her gripe is legitimate.

The_CEO said:
I'd hate to be behind you when a ride breaks down then...

Because if that annoys you, gosh only knows what an ACTUAL problem would be like!

Read above. I'm sure she can patiently wait in line during a break-down, she just doesn't like being bashed with a big bulky backpack when it is strapped to the back of someone who isn't responsible enough to always know where it is, in relationship to their body.

Tara Mae

edwardtc said:
Did you even read the post before you replied to it? She said NOTHING about people with backpacks taking up too much of her time. She said they take up a lot of space, and often, the careless backpack wearers lose track of where that extension of their body is, and whack it into her by turning abruptly or backing up. Her gripe is legitimate.

Read above. I'm sure she can patiently wait in line during a break-down, she just doesn't like being bashed with a big bulky backpack when it is strapped to the back of someone who isn't responsible enough to always know where it is, in relationship to their body.

'tis exactly what I meant.

I'm patient, I can wait in line, and if I decide not to, I'm in Disney for two weeks, I'll eventually see whatever it is I'm in queue for.

What I meant was that I don't like the fact that the many people with backpacks often turn suddenly, forgetting that they have this huge entity on their backs...I've gotten hit in the nose, chest, and forehead. My nose felt like it was broken after that.

browniebee

I have a small Jansport hot pink backpack that fits everything. This year I was able to fit my camera, wallet, cell phone, bottle of water, water bottle fan, autograph book and various other things into it.

GrandFloridian1

Oh, just a quick comment about cell phones- I think Disney should put a cell phone tower in Splash Mtn. You don't get very good reception in there. I like to call home and have my jealous friends listen to the background music. Hee hee. :kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom