back lot tours

Dskipper

Original Poster
so i am a current cm at the world famous jc. i got an itch to try something new but i wanted to stay in that same type of attraction. so i had a appointment with the recruiters, they are the people that place cms in open areas. i asked if there was any openings at back lot tours and he explained to me that some of that area will be going away in a year or two and if i was ok with changing areas again at that point. he explained to me what the word on the third floor was,that the tram part will be going away and will just be the pre show and the walk though cue will stay. now has anyone else heard this? i know people have wished it to go away since they changed it, but why leave those two parts, are there any current cm's over there that can put some light on this for us. thank you

uklad79

Rip the whole thing out it's dated and the pre show is of a film I haven't heard of so in 2 years time it will be even more irrelevant to those that have.

MythBuster

I heard CC and the trams will be going away soon. Too much maintenance and upkeep. It was only supposed to a temporary set, maybe lasting 5-6 years but now it has been there for almost 20. It desperately needs a rehab or just torn down.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I heard CC and the trams will be going away soon. Too much maintenance and upkeep. It was only supposed to a temporary set, maybe lasting 5-6 years but now it has been there for almost 20. It desperately needs a rehab or just torn down.

Catastrophe Canyon is temporary?

krankenstein

Good, I rode The Backlot Tour last month for the first time in a few years. It has become one of the biggest wastes of space at WDW. I only hope it will go away sooner rather than later!

reptar77

I like the idea of the backlot tour but it really really really needs more. If they do not do some serious refurb they should just take it all down.

shmmrname

Wow, Pearl Harbor, the movie, is horrible. Horrible.

Anyways, I do like the general idea of the BT, but as long as the real estate is used for something useful, I'm ok with it leaving.

Disney05

I also like the idea of a backlot tour. It would be weird being at a studio themed park without one. But DHS tour needs a major overhaul.

OldKeyWest

I used to love the backlot circa 2002. Back then it was always a must do but when half of it was taken away for LMA (which I also like) it really deminished it. It was once good but its time has come sadly. *taps in background*:animwink:

Philo

No no no. I like this attraction. It could use a little updating perhaps but I wouldn't want to see it going all together.

It always amazes me that people want to see this attraction go but are quite happy to let sounds dangerous take up valuable space!

krankenstein

No no no. I like this attraction. It could use a little updating perhaps but I wouldn't want to see it going all together.

It always amazes me that people want to see this attraction go but are quite happy to let sounds dangerous take up valuable space!

I'm all for getting rid of Sounds Dangerous, but The Backlot Tour is nothing that it once was and takes up a lot more space than Sound Dangerous. When MGM first opened The Backlot Tour was a grand E-Ticket ride, it deserved to take up so much space. Now...not so much.

Get ride of the lame tram ride and BRING BACK the walking tour. I'd much rather see some REAL backstage filming or work going on in a soundstage, backlot or prop department (with time to actually look at it) than a ride through a FAKE disaster area, a broken down jet that has never been in a movie, and some stooge getting dunked with water.

JMHO

Enigma

Account Suspended
I know at one point they were going to build a Journey to the Center of the earth segment for the attraction where the tram would enter a soundstage themed to journey and at the end encounter a giant magma worm. This would have given the ride 2 major ride scenes in addition to allt he backstage stuff which would have made the ride worthwhile to ride.

Unfortuantly, this scene wasn't built because A) The journey to the center of the earth movie got cancelled and B) it was deemed "too expensive" by the management in charge at the time.

The reason the Universal Studios Hollywood tram tour worked is because it had multiple "ride scenes" (King Kong encounter, earthquake, jaws, etc.) to entertain and wow audiances in addition to showing them various sets and props around the studio. You can't just have catastrophe canyon as your big draw. So because of that it is long overdue for removal since Disney was too cheap to add more wow factor to the ride.

The question in my head is...what will replace it?? (Hopefully not Carsland)

nanna

Like it or lump it, the tram tour is on the way out. Didn`t know about Cat Canyon though.

I know you don't mean this, but after reading your post i had visions of guests having to walk on the cat can bridge while the effects were going, instead of in a tram:lol:

ToTBellHop

I know you don't mean this, but after reading your post i had visions of guests having to walk on the cat can bridge while the effects were going, instead of in a tram:lol:
Allow the guests to actually walk out on the canyon while the special effects are working and you have yourself an E-Ticket...

uklad79

, a broken down jet that has never been in a movie,

Do you mean Walt's plane that is behind the LMA stadium? I wouldn;t want them to get rid of that no way! I think it should be cleaned up and moved to the front of the park and placed to the right before you enter in the area where they place a xmas tree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom