Back from the mansion...with Pics!

cdunbar

Good lord these are rope drop pics correct? Can you imagine what it will look like as the day progreses I mean people coming in from different parks as well as people coming in for lunch and dinner ADR's I mean I think this right here will show the imagineers that their hard work has in fact paid off...

Silvermist

If those pictures don't prove to Disney management that a Haunted Mansion Christmas overlay or even a Small World Christmas overlay would be popular, I don't know what will.

:veryconfu

I don't get the connection.

We went to DL last Nov and saw the HM overlay. It was ok, but I prefer the mansion in it's regular state. I think many people who travel to WDW for long-awaited vacations want to see the mansion unchanged. The Holiday overlays might be a nice change for locals, but not necessarily for everyone else. The down time to put it up and take it down after is a negative as well. I do think the Small World Christmas is a nice holiday touch though.

Thanks SGT623 for taking the time to share with us! I can't wait to see it myself.

:sohappy:

2excitedkids

notice there were no kids in line? i found this to be kind of funny, most of the time kids are everywhere, this just goes to show you that disney is for everyone not just kids

nbodyhome

The crowd didn't look like that when I went today (I have pics here: http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=34&Itemid=65 (the site is running a little slow as I speak).

One pic from today:

leota.jpg

I have more outside than inside - just because inside is dark (but I have a few). :) I only waited 25 or so minutes for the first ride, less for the 2 more I did (about 12 - 15 minutes each). Not bad.

Denise

CaptainMichael

If those pictures don't prove to Disney management that a Haunted Mansion Christmas overlay or even a Small World Christmas overlay would be popular, I don't know what will.
:confused:

Eh, what? I fail to see any connection at all...
Same here. It would just be like that on the days it reopened. I would sit at the HM construction wall sometimes and just watch people. Most seemed to be genuinely upset that it was closed even yesterday because they were going home and going to miss it. I just don't see Disney doing this twice a year for really no benefit.
Current MK wait times

Splash: walk on
BTMRR: walk on
Space: walk on
Peter Pan: walk on
Buzz: walk on
HM: 623 minutes Fp available for January 08'

Mk's current occupancy is 12,583 guest and 12, 580 are in Liberty Square in line for HM.
It was funny to be waiting in line for HM and seeing empty trains on Thunder from the line.

Thanks again for the great pics! :)

I don't think the issue has ever been whether it would be popular. I think the issue is whether it would be worth losing the regular mansion (a WDW classic) for several months a year when so many guests are making "once in a lifetime" trips.

-p.b. :cool:
:sohappy:

I have never...EVER...seen that many people in (line?) for the Haunted Mansion.

I think I would have been riding Space Mountain a few times and letting the crowd dissapate a little.
I don't think that many people have ever been in Liberty Square at the same time.

Who wants to bet a lot of those people were Cast Members with the day off. :)
:wave:
Wow...look at those crowds! Hope it dies down a bit...:eek: But it is a people eater, so even if I have to wait in line, it won't be too long.
The line moves very quickly, it hardly felt long at all.

Great pics, thanks for letting me see the mansion reopen while i'm stuck out of town in Ohio.

You better be here on October 1st!

rljackson

Fans in the Awning?

In looking at the new awning, it looks like there were fans located overhead in the awnings. Is this the case or am I seeing something that isn't there? Great idea if they are, that line could be warm even in the shade.

CaptainMichael

In looking at the new awning, it looks like there were fans located overhead in the awnings. Is this the case or am I seeing something that isn't there? Great idea if they are, that line could be warm even in the shade.

Yeah, but I don't think they were on very high or at all today. It really wasn't that hot once you got in the shade.

marko

did they have a gift shop set up or a cart for haunted mansion items, thats what im looking for when i go next week:confused:

pofq sept 21 to sept 29 2007:sohappy:

kcnole

That's the wonderful thing about those omnimovers. This just proves again how well those rides eat lines. I really wish we had more of those types of rides in the parks still like we once did.

coasterphil

I will say that one of things that disappointed me was how jerky the movement of the vehicles were. I'd hoped they might be able to smooth it out a bit.

CaptainMichael

did they have a gift shop set up or a cart for haunted mansion items, thats what im looking for when i go next week:confused:
No, the HM cart has nothing but Nightmare Before Christmas stuff.
That's the wonderful thing about those omnimovers. This just proves again how well those rides eat lines. I really wish we had more of those types of rides in the parks still like we once did.

Yes, they're awesome.

On that note, I was on HM today and when we turned around to go backwards out of the attic, I realized that it is alot more intense than the turn in SSE, yet there is no warning. I'm glad there isn't, but I just think it's wierd and hopefully SSE won't have that anymore come November.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
No, the HM cart has nothing but Nightmare Before Christmas stuff.

That was my only real disappointment with the reopening. I wasn't expecting a whole shop dedicated to the Haunted Mansion but some HM merchandise (other than some pins) would have been nice. In my opinion Nightmare Before Christmas has no place outside WDW's Haunted Mansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom