Back from the mansion...with Pics!

polarboi

Thanks again for the great pics! :)

If those pictures don't prove to Disney management that a Haunted Mansion Christmas overlay or even a Small World Christmas overlay would be popular, I don't know what will.

I don't think the issue has ever been whether it would be popular. I think the issue is whether it would be worth losing the regular mansion (a WDW classic) for several months a year when so many guests are making "once in a lifetime" trips.

-p.b. :cool:

sublimesting

If those pictures don't prove to Disney management that a Haunted Mansion Christmas overlay or even a Small World Christmas overlay would be popular, I don't know what will.

There is a good reason that DW will never get the overlay: it takes about a month (from what I hear) to set up and then to take down takes some time. DL can do this because DL is mainly local visitors who go all year and see the HM repeatedly. So at DL it draws locals back. At DW, where most people are vacationing from afar you can't close the ride on them every September and November.
Also having the HM closed once for a massive refurb and having opening day crowds clamoring to see it doesn't mean you'll have the same type of crowd for an overlay.

jmvd20

I don't think the issue has ever been whether it would be popular. I think the issue is whether it would be worth losing the regular mansion (a WDW classic) for several months a year when so many guests are making "once in a lifetime" trips.

-p.b. :cool:

And B-I-N-G-O was his name O...

brkgnews

Holy Mother of Imagineering! Those crowds appear to be AS BIG, if not BIGGER than the morning rush at rope drop on the first day Everest was open for AP previews! That is REDONKULOUS!

KrazyKemp

I have never...EVER...seen that many people in (line?) for the Haunted Mansion.

I think I would have been riding Space Mountain a few times and letting the crowd dissapate a little.

celestia

Honestly.... the line was nowhere near as long as pirates was when it reopened. It really wasn't as many people as it looks like. After about 45-60minutes they even started taking down part of the queue line. (If you don't remember, pirates line was past crystal palace when it reopened.) Not sure if it just wasn't as well advertised / popularity / or if it was just a lot more efficiently done than pirates was. Bravo to the castmembers for moving everything so quickly and smoothly. :sohappy:

WishIwasThere

I would have loved to be there for that, walk ons everywhere else! I would have had a blast on Philharmagic, Peter Pan, Snow White, POTC! Oh man!

You respond as if you think he's serious.:p

I did get to ride Peter Pan 5 times in a row without getting off, and splash three times without getting out of my log last January at the first P&P party.

Love those after hour parties.:sohappy:

WishIwasThere

I have never...EVER...seen that many people in (line?) for the Haunted Mansion.

I think I would have been riding Space Mountain a few times and letting the crowd dissapate a little.

My first trip to WDW, back in 1973 when Pirates first opened. HM had about a 45-60 minute wait, but back then there weren't as many attractions to eat up the people.

Dragonrider1227

GOOD GOLLY, MISS MOLLY!! That must rival Disneyland's POTC reopening. I don't Libery Square has ever been THAT crowed of course, that IS the only thing in LS that attracts me and I can't be alone in that :p

TheDisneyGirl02

That crowd is CRAZY!!!! It looks like the mad rush to Everest!

Loved the pictures!

Loved the current MK wait times! That really made me laugh!

Thanks for posting the awesome pictures! I can't wait to get to WDW to ride HM!

Bug715

I was there!!! The wait wasn't that bad. We were off the ride in 30 min. The line to buy the special edition pins was slower than the ride line. I caught a cold yesterday and went to the cast preview of the Boo to you parade for MNSSHP then woke up early to go to HM opening. I was on my way home by 11 for a nap. Now back to MK for work!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom