News 'Awesome Planet' coming to The Land pavilion

The Empress Lilly

Bunch of personal opinions to follow:

I can’t see myself ever missing Food Rocks. That show was the first glaring, unavoidable neon sign that EPCOT was hurtling towards the abyss. It was the first time I ever experienced a Disney attraction and wondered what the creators had been thinking.

Now Kitchen Kabaret - that’s a show worth missing!

I understand and appreciate folks pointing to Land as a last bastion of classic EPCOT. The downside is that (glances around nervously) I always found the Land one of the least interesting parts of classic EPCOT, with the exception of the long-gone Kitchen Kabaret. If you had told me I could only keep one Pavilion from classic EPCOT, The Land would have been my second-to-last choice (my last choice would have been Seas, which is also, ironically, largely intact).
I agree word for word. Except that I've always loved LwtT too. Second to least favourite ride indeed, but that says more about the quality of the other five rides.

The Empress Lilly

I'm not going to waste my first showing on a phone screen. I'll wait to see this puppy as it's meant to be seen. You can only see it for the first time once. Can't wait!

I might make Land a day trip. LwtT, Soarin, eat, AP, LwtL again, then outside cover my eyes and hurry to the exit away from the disaster zone formerly known as EPCOT.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The VO though. No offense to the narrator just not the right fit, IMO. Also, they could remove about half the dialog and I think the show would be much better.

Rescue Ranger

Is it odd that am very excited about this? I can't wait to see it!! And the fact it also has subtle effects is awesome!! Little things like this make me excited. What can I say? I'm happy when areas that usually get no attention get some needed love and attention.

When I visit in April for a couple weeks, I really want to experience, see and appreciate as much as I can and admire every little detail.

NOW if only we can get The Land balloons to start working again...!!

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Funny , I just hear him doing his voice of when played Mr Peabody.

Is it Ty Burrell? I had no idea. I think it's a combination of inflections put on the wrong words and a drab montone delivery on others. It's all over the place. It works for the character Mr. Peabody. Not so much here. I guess I can't blame Ty, just an odd delivery. Poor directing? I would have preferred a Mike Rowe type or perhaps even Nathan Fillion. Or playing off the word "awesome" a more youthful delivery in someone like Sean William Scott, Ryan Renolds or Dee Bradly Baker.

Last edited:

wishiwere@wdw

Saw this as well as far and wide yesterday and couldn’t be more pleased. Another great update! Question... was I imagining things or did I see an attempt at a artificial storm cloud/wind column in the front upper-right if the theater? I could have sworn I caught the tail end of something made out of mist or fog but couldn’t be sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom