Avengers: Infinity War

Princess Leia

Posted this in the Spirit thread, but the movie reportedly has a 156 minute runtime.

Also, the voices of The Children of Thanos apparently aren’t going to be revealed until the film is released, so that’s interesting.

Princess Leia

Now, that is true. I just watched it again and got your point.
Peter Dinklage is in this and his character hasn’t been announced yet sooooo possibility?

My next guess would be Cumberbatch, but he already played Dorrammu as well as Strange, so I doubt he’s involved.

Mark Hamill would be an amazing choice actually.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Peter Dinklage is in this and his character hasn’t been announced yet sooooo possibility?

My next guess would be Cumberbatch, but he already played Dorrammu as well as Strange, so I doubt he’s involved.

As much as we know, there is so much more than we don’t know. I love it!!

BrianLo

The internet is a hilarious place. For example there is a Deadline article up about how Infinity War 1st day pre-sales on Fandango just beat out the previous record holder (Black Panther) and Runner up (Batman v. Superman) in less than 6 hours.

The comment section has imploded about why are they picking on Black Panther, why can't the website just acknowledge how well Black Panther is doing or the only reason Infinity War could do that is because of Black Panther...

Huh? When people in your own cinematic universe fanboi flamewar against each other you know you are rolling in the dough.

That said BP really broke through in a way only Guardians mildly did but really the first Avengers did. Had a dinner conversation with several people who told me how wonderful Black Panther was and when I proceeded to tell them I thought so too and was excited for Infinity War they told me they aren't really into those superhero movies. :facepalm::hilarious:

Needless to say this movie was already going to be gigantic, but I feel like we have a Force Awakens $$$ situation incoming.

Jahona

That said BP really broke through in a way only Guardians mildly did but really the first Avengers did. Had a dinner conversation with several people who told me how wonderful Black Panther was and when I proceeded to tell them I thought so too and was excited for Infinity War they told me they aren't really into those superhero movies.

That's probably because Black Panther was more of a political thriller then a superhero movie.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
1521564749684.png

tribbleorlfl

Rumor is he's going to play the dwarf that forges Thor's new hammer.

2351metalcloud

Here's something odd I saw someone mention and looked into:

It seems like some of the Children of Thanos have some similarities to some characters that have appeared in Marvel comics in the past. Of course they are similar to characters from the group called the Black Order in recently made comics, but they are also similar to some other characters.

The character called Corvus Blade has some similarities to the character named Korvus that has appeared in past Marvel comics although is ostensibly actually a different character.

The character Proxima Midnight looks very similar to the character called Andromeda from Atlantis. She was a member of a group called Dragon Circle. Incidentally Corvus Blade also has some similarities in his costume and body shape to the character called Manslaughter from that group. Notice the diagonal strap going across his upperbody compared to Corvus' clothing.

A character named Tantalus looks similar to the character called Cull Obsidian from the movie. He actually seems like he could have a similar backstory to Cull Obsidian as I could see them both being related to Deviants due to the Deviants having some relation to the Titans of which Thanos is a member in the comics.

The four members of The Dragon Circle actually have some similarities in body type to the Children of Thanos except for Valkyrie who is a member of The Dragon Circle in some comics. Andromeda is similar to Proxima Midnight, Interloper is similar to Cull Obsidian, and Manslaughter is similar to Corvus Blade. Ebony Maw doesn't seem similar to Valkyrie however. Valkyrie already exists in the MCU however and isn't a villain.

I find it interesting that The Dragon Circle has a relation to the Dragon of the Moon while Thanos has a relation with a personification of Death and in the MCU Hela calls herself the Goddess of Death and has a relationship with a prophecy that has to do with the Midgard Serpent. Maybe these are coincidences, but it might be interesting if these Children of Thanos were once members of a group like The Dragon Circle.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
The bottom three covers are oddly amazing.

Only in our weird universe is a cover with Thor, Mantis, Rocket Racoon, Teenage Groot and Vision acceptable and sensible. Meanwhile Spiderman is literally second fiddle to Peter Quill and a cover is being headlined by Doctor Strange.
It's just a magazine cover. That's all. Still, Star Lord is very popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom