Avengers: Infinity War

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
How they made the initial announcement -

IMG_2777.JPG

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
8 new stills and descriptions -

What do you do with the mad that you feel? If you're Thanos, you use the purple and blue Infinity Stones to rip a moon out of orbit and hurl it against the ground like a dinner plate. While fans have speculated that this may be devastation on Xandar, where the Nova Corps was guarding the purple power stone from the Orb, Marvel tells EW this shot is actually on Titan, the ruined home world of Thanos.

1520551031356.png

Avengers: Infinity War deals with its massive cast of heroes by breaking them up into teams. This is one of them, with Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man, summoned by Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) and warrior-librarian Wong (Benedict Wong). Then Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner crashes back to Earth just as a strange ship arrives over New York.

1520551114706.png

The last we saw Don Cheadle's Col. Rhodes, he was paralyzed after crashing in the War Machine armor. Here we see him walking again, with the help of what looks like Stark tech. He stands with friends, turned foes, who are now allies again: Chris Evans' Captain America and Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow, who have been fugitives since Civil War.

1520551166247.png

Fans of Wakandan technology chief Shuri will be happy to know she's a key part of Infinity War, seen here meeting with Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch and Ruffalo's Bruce Banner.

1520551220733.png

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Tom Holland's Spider-Man springs to action during a class field trip when he spots a strange Q-Ship hovering over New York City. With the help of the Iron Spider armor, he manages to clamor onto the ominous machine.

1520551274857.png

Before the end of Thor: Ragnarok, Tom Hiddleston's Loki managed to pocket the blue Space Stone locked away in Asgard's archive. This is the object Thanos sent him to retrieve in the original Avengers, and he not only failed — he lost the staff that contained the yellow Mind Stone (now giving life to Paul Bettany's Vision). We know Thanos collects the Space Stone early in Infinity War, so Loki has likely settled his account. Partially.

1520551315111.png

The Guardians split up, with Gamora leading her own mission and Thor teaming with teen Groot and Rocket Raccoon on a quest of another nature. Ultimately, all roads in Infinity War lead to one place ...

1520551361822.png

That's Winston Duke's M'Baku, again fighting alongside his king, Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa, with Captain America and Sebastian Stan's Winter Soldier (now known as White Wolf to his Wakandan caregivers) standing at attention among soldiers from the border tribe. Now that Wakanda has opened up to the world, the fantastical nation needs to protect it.

1520551411001.png

Princess Leia

I’ve been thinking about this, and I’m curious as to what everyone else thinks: is there a chance that it’s not Cap who dies, but Tony? Because I think we’re all pretty set in the belief that Cap will have a heroic sacrifice, but what if it’s Tony instead? We’ve spent nearly 10 years with him, and I think it would be more of a shock to the audience if he died.

This is my tally of characters who had death fakeouts in the other movies:
  • Happy
  • Rhodey
  • Pepper
  • Loki (several times)
  • Bucky
  • Thor (though only for like 2 seconds in his first movie)
  • Nick Fury
  • T’Challa
Am I missing anyone else?

Also, it seems like it's only in the Phase 3 films that Marvel has committed to actually killing characters who aren’t villains or parents (with the exception of Quicksilver in Age of Ultron):
  • Warriors 3
  • Ancient One
  • Peggy (though to be fair, she was incredibly elderly when she died)
  • Yondu
  • Zuri

So who might die for real this time (in this or Avengers 4)?
  • Loki
  • Heimdall
  • Wong
  • Vision
  • Hawkeye (though he could also just retire to his family and farm)
  • Pepper
  • Tony and/or Cap
  • Maria
  • Rhodey (though he could probably come back as a cameo/smaller role for Captain Marvel since that's set in the 90s)

As for who will definitely not die, I think some characters are more likely than others to make it (due to future movies):
  • Doctor Strange (though I'm not sure about Wong's survival odds)
  • All of the Guardians
  • T'Challa & Friends
  • Black Widow
  • Bucky
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Spider-Man
  • Scott Lang
  • Hank Pym
  • Hope Pym
  • Janet Van Dyne (if they're bringing her back for Ant-Man and the Wasp, they can't just make her disappear again)
  • Captain Marvel

Last edited:

Phicinfan

I think Tony is a goner - if only because at last report he is due to start work on: Dr. Dolittle, another Sherlock Holmes movie and at least one or more other projects. I also believe his contract is up with the Next Avengers movie, not Inifinity wars 1. I think Cap will be gone as well, and they will go with Bucky as his replacement....or maybe Falcon as the comics go.

I also wonder if they don't pull the Thor move as well, and move to the female version of Thor post these two Avengers movies.

Princess Leia

I think Tony is a goner - if only because at last report he is due to start work on: Dr. Dolittle, another Sherlock Holmes movie and at least one or more other projects. I also believe his contract is up with the Next Avengers movie, not Inifinity wars 1. I think Cap will be gone as well, and they will go with Bucky as his replacement....or maybe Falcon as the comics go.

I also wonder if they don't pull the Thor move as well, and move to the female version of Thor post these two Avengers movies.
I’m with you on Thor, but if they do, it won’t be Jane like the comics (unless they recast her, because Natalie Portman isn’t coming back).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom