Avengers: Infinity War

fractal

Wow! What a movie.

Incredibly impressive how the Russo brothers made this film. So many characters, so many places, so much action, but able to move a plot forward with few (if any) significant plot holes. They were also able to add real emotion to a knock-out, drag down crazy story. So many fantastical beings and they "kept it real". There was not one time that i felt if those beings actually existed and were in our world they would have acted differently. I can "buy" a teenager in a iron-Spider suit doing unbelievable things (within the rules of the universe he's in), but if he says a line that make you say or think "that's dumb, Spiderman would have never said that" - you start to lose me. None of that in this movie. Even the Mad Titan himself - a 12 foot tall purple alien in CGI - was so relatable and real!

Speaking of villians - they were not only real, delivering "real" dialogue, but they had teeth (literally and figuratively). The Black Order were the Avengers equals and in some ways more so. They created real tension over the outcome of battles and fate of our heroes. Even the "foot soldiers" of the bad guys were a suicidal force to be reckoned with. They were not the Chitauri of the first Avengers that were mere clay pigeons for the team to pick off.

There were also so many moments that made one gasp and made one swell with emotion. Solid humor and great interaction between the Avengers as they came together - just how you would expect broken friendships to mend. It was also great to see heroes meeting each other for the first time.

So I loved it - very much. It may be my favorite Marvel film...actually it is. Can't wait to see it again!

Princess Leia

Wow! What a movie.

Incredibly impressive how the Russo brothers made this film. So many characters, so many places, so much action, but able to move a plot forward with few (if any) significant plot holes. They were also able to add real emotion to a knock-out, drag down crazy **** story. So many fantastical beings and they "kept it real". There was not one time that i felt if those beings actually existed and were in our world they would have acted differently. I can "buy" a teenager in a iron-Spider suit doing unbelievable things (within the rules of the universe he's in), but if he says a line that make you say or think "that's dumb, Spiderman would have never said that" - you start to lose me. None of that in this movie. Even the Mad Titan himself - a 12 foot tall purple alien in CGI - was so relatable and real!

Speaking of villians - they were not only real, delivering "real" dialogue, but they had teeth (literally and figuratively). The Black Order were the Avengers equals and in some ways more so. They created real tension over the outcome of battles and fate of our heroes. Even the "foot soldiers" of the bad guys were a suicidal force to be reckoned with. They were not the Chitauri of the first Avengers that were mere clay pigeons for the team to pick off.

There were also so many moments that made one gasp and made one swell with emotion. Solid humor and great interaction between the Avengers as they came together - just how you would expect broken friendships to mend. It was also great to see heroes meeting each other for the first time.

So I loved it - very much. It may be my favorite Marvel film...actually it is. Can't wait to see it again!
We’ve got a discussion in the spoiler thread, you’re welcome to join in :)

Princess Leia

Friday’s estimates:
0D62E2DD-F729-4659-9562-FB4D1D72FF84.jpeg

WhatJaneSays

Princess Leia

Just because he has some already doesn't mean he just wants anything put on his body.
No I get that, but he’s into small, minimalist tattoos. Idk where he put the Avengers tat though (honestly I shouldn’t say anything about tats, because I’m scared of needles and I won’t join my friends in getting a friendship tattoo).

Phroobar

No I get that, but he’s into small, minimalist tattoos. Idk where he put the Avengers tat though (honestly I shouldn’t say anything about tats, because I’m scared of needles and I won’t join my friends in getting a friendship tattoo).
Maybe someone will put the tattoo on the Hulk as an Easter egg.

Princess Leia

Infinity War is currently #13 for the all time domestic box office, wouldn’t be surprised to be #10 by Sunday.

On the worldwide list, it’s #14, and I estimate it will be at #7 or 8 by Sunday. What’s so interesting to watch about this one is that Black Panther might finally pass HP8 this weekend (just needs another $2 million), and Infinity War is $112M behind it, and probably will pass BP and hP8, maybe even Age of Ultron to land the #7 spot. It’s opening in China this weekend, so I’m expecting huge returns.

Last edited:

Princess Leia

Box Office Mojo's predictions for the weekend:
  1. Avengers: Infinity War (4,474 theaters) - $62.0 M
  2. Life of the Party (3,656 theaters) - $21.0 M
  3. Breaking In (2,537 theaters) - $18.0 M
  4. Overboard (2,006 theaters) - $9.0 M
  5. A Quiet Place (3,144 theaters) - $4.8 M
  6. I Feel Pretty (2,858 theaters) - $2.9 M
  7. Rampage (2,548 theaters) - $2.5 M
  8. Black Panther (1,370 theaters) - $2.1 M
  9. Tully (1,353 theaters) - $1.8 M
  10. Blockers (1,106 theaters) - $0.9 M
My guess is this is either the last or second to last week of BP being in the top 10. Deadpool 2, despite being an R rated movie, will easily take the #1 spot from IW, if the original's opening week numbers are anything to go by.

edit: http://variety.com/2018/film/asia/avengers-infinity-war-76-million-china-opening-1202807175/ $76 Million for China!!!!

Last edited:

Princess Leia

After only 3 weekends, IW is now the fifth highest grossing picture in the world
C8D77BC3-1613-4347-BA32-D955A093F88D.jpeg

On the domestic side, it’s currently #8.
00BEC43E-3FBE-40F0-9202-72E6A5DAEF43.jpeg

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
After only 3 weekends, IW is now the third highest grossing picture in the world

On the domestic side, it’s currently #8.

Think you're getting your BP and IW and World and Domestic mixed up a bit. :)

Code:
Movie    Domestic   Foreign   World    MCU

BP         3          37       10       4

IW         8           5        5       1

The gross of all three Avengers movies is $4.5 Billion. The gross of all MCU movies is $16.5 Billion. So far.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom