Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

michmousefan

It’s hollywood...the reason to “take a break” is what you’re doing sucks.

Yeah - guilty as charged there.

Marvel has a difficult future there...but what they’ve done will live on - because it hasn’t sucked.
I have a decent amount of faith in Feige to keep it all on the right track, but if he should leave the company... all bets are off.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have a decent amount of faith in Feige to keep it all on the right track, but if he should leave the company... all bets are off.

It’s gonna continue to be supremely successful. And Feige will be made head of all Disney studios before they let him leave (not including animation)...

But I don’t think the panther-marvel- spider triumvirate they have now will be able to pull this kInd of box office. There will be a “retraction”.

I wish they’d transfer Feige to LFL And replace that idiot Kiki....

A trained circus animal could run marvel at this point.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Marvel doesnt really upset me. I think the explanation of her being our helping other planets works for me. If shes on another planet, and all of a sudden all the people return, i would think her first thought would be the avengers did something. So she heads back to see what happened, and essentially walks right into an epic battle. The Tony/nebula thing could be a bit of luck, but I'm ok with the rest.

Personally I think the character should be renamed "Deaux Ex Machine" or "Cheap Plot Device"

flynnibus

Premium Member
Time travel explained. The writers are flipping geniuses.

It still seem rather contrived to say... the infinity stones must be kept together to protect and keep the timeline intact... and not address what happens when there are no infinity stones at all. Especially since they already said before they birthed with the universe.. and now we have this point in time (for the first time ever) the infinity stones don't exist. But the only consequence is an energy surge noticed elsewhere??

Mike S

I love your review.

All I know is that I’m a harsh critic...and yet I’ve woke up the last two days thinking about this movie. That hasn’t happened to me in at least a decade. Maybe longer. The last movie that I thought about this much - no joke - was probably finding nemo...return of the king before.

This movie will be legend. I just know it based on my own reactions.

Ironman was handled fantastically...and If you didn’t like cap with falcon - I don’t know how you like anything? I really don’t. It hit the emotional notes perfectly. Stan - Mackey - and an incredible Evans.

Really amazing. It actually made infinity war a better movie...and we’ve been promised in other franchises over and over again and it never delivers.
Initially I thought he should’ve passed the mantle to Bucky because he’s his only friend from his past life and he’s also a Super Soldier.

Later though one comes to realize it’s much more meaningful to give it to Sam. He was a great friend in Caps new life and always stuck by him no matter what. He wasn’t a Super Soldier but he had the spirit of a true soldier just like Steve did before he got the serum. In Sam, Steve saw himself. It’s really great when you think about it.

The simple “no” from Steve when Sam asks “you gonna tell me how she was” is just golden.

Last edited:

Mike S

It still seem rather contrived to say... the infinity stones must be kept together to protect and keep the timeline intact... and not address what happens when there are no infinity stones at all. Especially since they already said before they birthed with the universe.. and now we have this point in time (for the first time ever) the infinity stones don't exist. But the only consequence is an energy surge noticed elsewhere??
There’s a part that covered the possibilities of that.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Initially I thought he should’ve passed the mantle to Bucky because he’s his only friend from his past life and he’s also a Super Soldier.

Later though one comes to realize it’s much more meaningful to give it to Sam. He was a great friend in Caps new life and always stuck by him no matter what. He wasn’t a Super Soldier but he had the spirit of a true soldier just like Steve did before he got the serum. In Sam, Steve saw himself. It’s really great when you think about it.

The simple “no” from Steve when Sam asks “you gonna tell me how she was” is just golden.
I like that he passed it to Sam, because Bucky is a Super Soldier. It’s kinda fitting. That doesn’t mean that Sam is Captain America. He’s just using the shield.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

A superhero movie with time travel seems contrived?

How could this happen?!? 😳

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I like that he passed it to Sam, because Bucky is a Super Soldier. It’s kinda fitting. That doesn’t mean that Sam is Captain America. He’s just using the shield.

Watch the scene again...it’s out there.

The acting and dialogue are fantastic...even Bucky nodding to Sam. Mackey and Evans do such a fantastic delivery...the score is amazing too. (The whole score...especially the resolution scenes - actually)

It was perfect.

Mike S

Watch the scene again...it’s out there.

The acting and dialogue are fantastic...even Bucky nodding to Sam. Mackey and Evans do such a fantastic delivery...the score is amazing too. (The whole score...especially the resolution scenes - actually)

It was perfect.
You also notice the theme from First Avenger starts up when Sam raises the shield.

And yes, @DisneyJayL, he is Captain America now.

flynnibus

Premium Member
There’s a part that covered the possibilities of that.

I don't think they address it.. they just basically say time travel isn't available anymore (which seems like an extrapolation.. not necessarily supported by what they've put in the movies)... nor do they address the statements that the world would be unstable with the the stones.. simply saying some catch-all 'these rules no longer apply now the stones are gone'. That doesn't address the point of how the stones acted as these stabilizing pieces.

BrianLo

I really liked it! Fan service, but the type of fun I was personally after.

My ultimate theory for the endpoint is timey Whimey Dr Strange outlines either Stark or Cap needs to die for success... Stark petulantly sends Steve back in time to ‘save’ him and old man Steve shows up to make the sacrifice.

Therefore Steve dies, but can appear forever more in cameos as needed pre-Infinity War. Especially with Feige essentially outlining the MCU will forever hinge on before and after the events of Infinity war.

The destruction of the Infinity Gauntlet, or whatever they do to it in the end, will give them a McGuffin to start bleeding the universes together. I.e. I think the X-men will occupy their own parallel universe but can start to bleed between. Perhaps the event creates the Fantastic Four when Captain Marvel is also subsequently blasted back to the 80s, etc.

Or Maybe even one character gets blasted between universes to the new X-men occupied one, Wanda/Scarlet Witch?

But some other minor characters will truly need to bite the dust. I’d actually be fine with a Guardian character or two. The Thanos arch is really theirs first and foremost.

The journey was a bit off... but my theorizing last year was actually not totally awful. Timey Whimey indeed.

Iron Man was the one, Steve got his old man send off.

The petulant fight to sacrifice oneself fell on Natasha and Clint instead.

The conversation with the Ancient One is definitely the mechanism I was after to introduce the X-men...

I now think somehow the 70's timeline with the removal of the Space stone will be the one to deviate. I'd love to see the next 3 phases basically be between alternate version of Earth, one with the X-men activated (plus Fantastic Four), then the eventual merging of the two towards the end.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In all this praise has anyone here given a shoutout to Rocket yet? Or how great Nebula was?

This is a CHARACTER movie! Which all great movies are. The characters were fantastic. Even the “weak” Thanos reported isn’t weak...he just had the tables turned to complete the story.

No one will care. Because we will remember the feeling of the ride.

I’ve long said that people don’t understand what makes a movie good...any criticism of this movie proves that.

This isn’t that hard.

I once heard somebody criticize field of dreams because the dad reveal didn’t have the right body type to be a catcher. 🙄

It was a movie about baseball...but delivered some of the most gut wrenching things about humanity in it and was done perfectly by the writers and actors.

“No, Ray...it was you”

Time is short on this space rock...feel something when you can.

Cosmic Commando

It seems obvious now, but Doctor Strange giving up the Time Stone to save Tony was not just in a butterfly effect kind of way... he was always going to be the one to end it.

Seeing it the second time, Tony's death hit me a lot more. Knowing what was going to happen (and it not being 1 AM by the end of the movie), I picked up on the foreshadowing much better. As soon as Strange said, "If I tell you what happens, it won't happen", you can tell Tony already sort of knows by that point. Then when Strange holds up his one finger... :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom