Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

Phicinfan

Okay I have skipped the last 4 or so pages, so bear with me if I missed some of this being explained, but I am literally just home after watching this movie, and I have some minor issues.

This is going to be VERY spoiler heavy, so if you have NOT seen it, don't read this post.

Seriously

Not kidding

:D

Okay...first things first...
Lets start with overall movie review - I loved this movie, as stated by a few here, this pretty well sums up and buttons up almost everyone's story line, and allows for growth to a point for some.. Humor was very well done, and overall I loved the plot.

Favorite lines:
Cap in elevator - Hail Hydra!
Ironman giving his Dad tips on raising himself - even though Howard was totally unknowing...

Key things folks need to pay attention to early.....
1) Please make sure you listen to Hulk and Nebula on how time really works - you cannot change the past or what has already happens - that is a major crutch they use later!
2) 5 years passes, but if that is the case - WHY is Peter Parker STILL in HS? Why are Clint's kids same age from pre-snap to post snap? It can't be everything goes back to pre-snap time...why? Cause Tony still has his daughter, and Cassie is still grown up. This to me was the only real major miss time wise by Marvel.
3) Whole discussion between Hulk and Sorceress Supreme - explaining how they can do what they do, but make it so it does NOT cause a time issue. No, I don't agree with it...but it does cover the issue.

Things that were not explained well - or are an issue:
1) Mijolnir - so Thor goes back in time and takes it, so what does Thor do for a hammer after this??? Now, I know you will say Cap took it with him to return the stones, and that is fine, but they don't call that out - it has to be assumed?
2) The return of the soul stone - It takes a life to get the stone, but if you return the stone to the instant you get it, why is Natasha still gone? That is awful tight timings there.....
3) Somewhat disturbed that Spiderman remembers the feeling of being dusted, but lost track of time and was back fine...I would think that would create some major issues for folks.
4) So assuming you can't change what happened, then the stones are destroyed since Thanos used them a 2nd time and that is what caused his major injuries and damaged the original infinity glove. But he was dusted at the end, which is 5 years forward, but before he did all of the other....and yeah that would I think create a time issue.
5) Last but not a major issue, at the funeral scene there is one young man just before you get to Hill and Fury. Who the hell is that? Per some notes I have read post - this seems to be the young man who helped and befriended Tony in Iron man 3, if so nice touch...but maybe give us some notice?

Net what a great movie, and I am really curious if Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is ASGUARDIANS of the Galaxy instead..... and what if any part Thor plays.

Loved the cap send off, and love the passing of the shield to Falcon. But I still have issue with Falcon playing Cap, with no super powers per say.

Thats it

Mike S

Okay I have skipped the last 4 or so pages, so bear with me if I missed some of this being explained, but I am literally just home after watching this movie, and I have some minor issues.

This is going to be VERY spoiler heavy, so if you have NOT seen it, don't read this post.

Seriously

Not kidding

:D

Okay...first things first...
Lets start with overall movie review - I loved this movie, as stated by a few here, this pretty well sums up and buttons up almost everyone's story line, and allows for growth to a point for some.. Humor was very well done, and overall I loved the plot.

Favorite lines:
Cap in elevator - Hail Hydra!
Ironman giving his Dad tips on raising himself - even though Howard was totally unknowing...

Key things folks need to pay attention to early.....
1) Please make sure you listen to Hulk and Nebula on how time really works - you cannot change the past or what has already happens - that is a major crutch they use later!
2) 5 years passes, but if that is the case - WHY is Peter Parker STILL in HS? Why are Clint's kids same age from pre-snap to post snap? It can't be everything goes back to pre-snap time...why? Cause Tony still has his daughter, and Cassie is still grown up. This to me was the only real major miss time wise by Marvel.
3) Whole discussion between Hulk and Sorceress Supreme - explaining how they can do what they do, but make it so it does NOT cause a time issue. No, I don't agree with it...but it does cover the issue.

Things that were not explained well - or are an issue:
1) Mijolnir - so Thor goes back in time and takes it, so what does Thor do for a hammer after this??? Now, I know you will say Cap took it with him to return the stones, and that is fine, but they don't call that out - it has to be assumed?
2) The return of the soul stone - It takes a life to get the stone, but if you return the stone to the instant you get it, why is Natasha still gone? That is awful tight timings there.....
3) Somewhat disturbed that Spiderman remembers the feeling of being dusted, but lost track of time and was back fine...I would think that would create some major issues for folks.
4) So assuming you can't change what happened, then the stones are destroyed since Thanos used them a 2nd time and that is what caused his major injuries and damaged the original infinity glove. But he was dusted at the end, which is 5 years forward, but before he did all of the other....and yeah that would I think create a time issue.
5) Last but not a major issue, at the funeral scene there is one young man just before you get to Hill and Fury. Who the hell is that? Per some notes I have read post - this seems to be the young man who helped and befriended Tony in Iron man 3, if so nice touch...but maybe give us some notice?

Net what a great movie, and I am really curious if Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is ASGUARDIANS of the Galaxy instead..... and what if any part Thor plays.

Loved the cap send off, and love the passing of the shield to Falcon. But I still have issue with Falcon playing Cap, with no super powers per say.

Thats it
I’m sure time pretty much froze for everyone that got dusted. Just like for Ant-Man being trapped for only 5 hours according to him but it’s really 5 years. Apply that but change it to a second or two. Think of the movie Interstellar. That should help.

Phicinfan

I’m sure time pretty much froze for everyone that got dusted. Just like for Ant-Man being trapped for only 5 hours according to him but it’s really 5 years. Apply that but change it to a second or two. Think of the movie Interstellar. That should help.
Okay that works for those who were dusted. What about those that were not, are you telling me Peter's whole HS was dusted??

spacemt354

Chili's
In the next spider movie, all his friends go on the trip....so sorry, I think this is a miss.
The only explanation I can think of is he had maybe 4 friends/recognizable classmates. If 4 Guardians dusted it's not inconceivable that all his friends also dusted and they restarted the same year together. Re-watching the Far From Home trailer, there are kids on the trip with them I don't remember being in Homecoming. They could be the non-dusted that aged regularly and are now in the same grade.

flynnibus

Premium Member
4) So assuming you can't change what happened, then the stones are destroyed since Thanos used them a 2nd time and that is what caused his major injuries and damaged the original infinity glove. But he was dusted at the end, which is 5 years forward, but before he did all of the other....and yeah that would I think create a time issue

Things can come from the past to the same present timeline and do things... without changing what lead up to the present. So in the present... the stones were destroyed... then the stones come from the past (where they are still intact).. into the present... reverse what thanos did... then go back to the past so that the current present... stays connected to the original past.

By keeping things 'intact'... the things that happened prior... are not changed by the stuff happening in the present (even with people/stuff from the past). This is why it's important that thanos' destruction of 50% of people is not wiped out.. it still happened.. its just those people are restored in the present.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The only explanation I can think of is he had maybe 4 friends/recognizable classmates. If 4 Guardians dusted it's not inconceivable that all his friends also dusted and they restarted the same year together. Re-watching the Far From Home trailer, there are kids on the trip with them I don't remember being in Homecoming. They could be the non-dusted that aged regularly and are now in the same grade.

More importantly... half the planet is wiped out. This would basically lead to complete breakdown of civilization... as natasha talks about while sitting in HQ.. things are only barely functioning. In that grand scheme.. who is worried about high school? That stuff would all likely take a backseat for awhile.

And why would peter still be in high school? Because he's been gone for 5 years. When he's restored, he's restored 'now'... not 5 years earlier. What we don't really know is of his friends.. who were dusted or not? They could have been gone for 5yrs too.

Darkprime

I'm thinking Far From Home will open with one last scene filmed by RDJ where Tony meets Aunt May before the 5 year time jump to talk to her about Peter then Far From Home will see a time jump to catch up with EndGame.

Mike S

I'm thinking Far From Home will open with one last scene filmed by RDJ where Tony meets Aunt May before the 5 year time jump to talk to her about Peter then Far From Home will see a time jump to catch up with EndGame.
Why would he need to see her again?

Phicinfan

Just wanted to throw out one more of my favorite things....
The final battle where Thor and Cap call back their weapons, and Cap gets Axe and Thor gets Hammer - Thor" oh no, big one is mine, you can take the smaller one" Just too funny.

Oh, and Cap vs. Cap - "I can do this all day....yeah, yeah I know....." bwahahahaha - fun to still see this kind of humor to put tongue in cheek for key things

Phicinfan

I am now curious if Far from Home will be end of this version of Spiderman, as we now know this ends Phase 3 per directors....

Will he have some kind of moral issue with Tony being gone, or having been dusted that he decides to pass the mantle to some other?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom