Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Films keep opening earlier and earlier... comparisons to past records seem less interesting to me.

Used to be midnight showings.. then it was 7pm on Thursday... and this time they had even earlier showings.
That was only because of the three hour runtime.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Ok...I can’t resist here.

This is what Star Wars is missing...except rogue one...
Everybody loves a charge/reinforcements. The two rohirrim charges in LOTR are the best sequences of the whole thing.

There’s nothing wrong with weenies that always work. That’s what memories are made of - the familiar and the uplifting

Not only do I love Strange...but Asgard being brought from genocide was a gut wrench for me.
Rogue One was a stand out. Definitely agree with that.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I was confused why Iron Man was so cancer looking when he first gets back to the avengers hq

in the ship sequences before then, he says his infection is beat by nebula.. and he looks to be average to fine.. just facing death from suffication. But then a shortime later at avengers hq... he looks like he's in his 3rd month of chemo.

What's the story behind that transformation?

spacemt354

Chili's
I was confused why Iron Man was so cancer looking when he first gets back to the avengers hq

in the ship sequences before then, he says his infection is beat by nebula.. and he looks to be average to fine.. just facing death from suffication. But then a shortime later at avengers hq... he looks like he's in his 3rd month of chemo.

What's the story behind that transformation?
Starvation. They said food/water ran out, they even showed nebula giving him the remainder because she didn't need as much.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Starvation. They said food/water ran out, they even showed nebula giving him the remainder because she didn't need as much.

Yeah... but its inferred (at least IMO) that there is little time between being rescued and getting back to earth.

I also never made the connection that the recordings he was making in his broken helmet were being transmitted back to earth... but more than he was making a log so that if found... his stuff would be there.

spacemt354

Chili's
Yeah... but its inferred (at least IMO) that there is little time between being rescued and getting back to earth.

I also never made the connection that the recordings he was making in his broken helmet were being transmitted back to earth... but more than he was making a log so that if found... his stuff would be there.
He was pretty thin when he made that final recording. Imo the bright lighting of avengers hq made it more pronounced

DisneyGigi

First off, I have to say that I feel so completely different after this movie than any prior.

I think it is mostly the end of an era kind of feeling or something.
I loved the movie, it in no way felt like 3 hours to me. I loved the humor and as bad as the sad parts were- they were well executed in my opinion.

The first time I bawled was when Tony is with Morgan the first time. Seeing him skinny also really got to me. His death, of course I lost it. I am an Iron Man girl. I had black streaks of mascara all down my face. Clinique lies btw, it is not in fact waterproof. The Spidey scene with him hugging him and then Mr. Stark, we won. So emotional!

The Nat -Clint part heartbreaking. I loved how they both were wanting to sacrifice themselves for the other.

I loved Hulk this way.

I thought Thor was funny and hey only he could still be that cute with a beer belly lol and hope he is GotG3.

I loved the little boy from 3 at the funeral, and was that him on bike near Scott’s house?

I think it was bold to have Tony die- it still stung, and to me nobody else would have hurt as bad. RDJ is Marvel, so to me bold.

Loved the Loki twist - hope that branches out in the show or something. I adore Loki.

Can’t wait to see it again, to get what I may have missed.

The Cap part was great too.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The crazy thing about this whole MCU and Iron Man being the send out...

Disney has been so anti-scandal, so pro PC these days... and the whole MCU train has been anchored by RDJ... when RDJ was toxic after his multiple arrests, drug problems, weird stories like climbing in strangers beds, jail, and general toxic behavior in the 90s. Sure he's been out of the bad news for a decade now.. but kinda wild when you think about it now. When people talk about damning people immediately... imagine if RDJ wasn't given MULTIPLE chances.. and never landed that Iron Man role.

DisneyGigi

Disney has been so anti-scandal, so pro PC these days... and the whole MCU train has been anchored by RDJ... when RDJ was toxic after his multiple arrests, drug problems, weird stories like climbing in strangers beds, jail, and general toxic behavior in the 90s. Sure he's been out of the bad news for a decade now.. but kinda wild when you think about it now. When people talk about damning people immediately... imagine if RDJ wasn't given MULTIPLE chances.. and never landed that Iron Man role.
I think that is one of the things that makes me just love him. He is the ultimate come back kid. He made mistakes and totally turned his life around. I am sure that Marvel feels like the chance they gave, paid off for them, as well as him.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think that is one of the things that makes me just love him. He is the ultimate come back kid. He made mistakes and totally turned his life around. I am sure that Marvel feels like the chance they gave, paid off for them, as well as him.

Even more insane by today's standards... his big breakout return role that even got oscar attention was for a role in BLACKFACE that was full of racial jokes.

Can anyone see that today? that's how far things have swung :)

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No

It wasn’t Disney. It was Marvel. Disney did keep that boat rowing though.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Even more insane by today's standards... his big breakout return role that even got oscar attention was for a role in BLACKFACE that was full of racial jokes.

That shows you the kind of actor he was black people were vouching for him on that. It was a fantastic role.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It wasn’t Disney. It was Marvel. Disney did keep that boat rowing though.
Notice... I didn't say Disney made the choice to hire RDJ? :)

Point being that they chose to weave this MCU around him.. including making him the climax of what will likely be called the most successful movie franchise in history.

When he was hired.. the MCU as we know it now was only a wet dream...

DisneyGigi

Not to get off topic, but I loved that movie. It was funny- I think people are too sensitive sometimes, or maybe I am just not PC for today’s times. :-/ If you look back at jokes Eddie Murphy made in his stand up, it doesn’t fit with what is okay now, but he also played in the Haunted Mansion movie and in Mulan.
Either way, love RDJ, and loved this movie. I didn’t think I could be okay with Iron Man dying going into it, but it played out tragic but beautiful all in the same.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I can’t stop thinking about Cap’s arc in these movies, and for anyone who thinks it was OOC for him to go back to be with Peggy, idk what movies they were watching.
  1. Cap 1- fell in love with Peggy. They knew each other for at least a year as they worked alongside each other in WWII
  2. Avengers- felt very out of place in the current time
  3. Winter Soldier- went to visit Peggy, still felt out of time, despite learning his best friend lived (and he then began his fight to save Bucky); is introduced to Peggy’s great-niece and Sam. Sam gets the last non-credits line of the movie.
  4. AoU- spent an evening with WWII vets at Avengers tower, and his warped magic mental state takes him back to get that dance with Peggy. Makes Sam an official member of the Avengers
  5. Civil War- Peggy dies, Steve kisses Sharon (Which is a little weird now), and he saves Bucky. Becomes a fugitive with Sam- who by the way, also is one of the last characters seen in the film.
  6. Infinity War- not a huge role, but after fighting alongside Bucky, he loses him. Sam also is dusted.
  7. Endgame- frequently thinks of Peggy, sees her in the 1970s, realizes she still loves him, saves Bucky again, and decides to live his life with Peggy. When he shows up in 2023 again, he passes the shield to Sam.
As long as Bucky was in harm’s way, I don’t think Steve was going to be at peace. With Bucky healed, Steve felt comfortable enough to grow old with Peggy, and when the time came, he could pass the shield and title to Sam. It was always going to be Sam. I love Bucky to pieces, but in the MCU, Sam was being built up as the next Captain America from the start.

MouseMelly

I can’t stop thinking about Cap’s arc in these movies, and for anyone who thinks it was OOC for him to go back to be with Peggy, idk what movies they were watching.
  1. Cap 1- fell in love with Peggy. They knew each other for at least a year as they worked alongside each other in WWII
  2. Avengers- felt very out of place in the current time
  3. Winter Soldier- went to visit Peggy, still felt out of time, despite learning his best friend lived (and he then began his fight to save Bucky); is introduced to Peggy’s great-niece and Sam. Sam gets the last non-credits line of the movie.
  4. AoU- spent an evening with WWII vets at Avengers tower, and his warped magic mental state takes him back to get that dance with Peggy. Makes Sam an official member of the Avengers
  5. Civil War- Peggy dies, Steve kisses Sharon (Which is a little weird now), and he saves Bucky. Becomes a fugitive with Sam- who by the way, also is one of the last characters seen in the film.
  6. Infinity War- not a huge role, but after fighting alongside Bucky, he loses him. Sam also is dusted.
  7. Endgame- frequently thinks of Peggy, sees her in the 1970s, realizes she still loves him, saves Bucky again, and decides to live his life with Peggy. When he shows up in 2023 again, he passes the shield to Sam.
As long as Bucky was in harm’s way, I don’t think Steve was going to be at peace. With Bucky healed, Steve felt comfortable enough to grow old with Peggy, and when the time came, he could pass the shield and title to Sam. It was always going to be Sam. I love Bucky to pieces, but in the MCU, Sam was being built up as the next Captain America from the start.
Excellent commentary 👌🏼

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom