Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well... there's budget cuts and then there are budget cuts.

A budget is the power to decide where to spend money. If you want or need to spend less money, you have the option to cut some things and not others.

Disney is sitting on the cash and credit to keep all the previously planned projects going, but they're conserving costs. They don't have to cut *everything* to conserve costs. They can prioritize. And what they prioritize is up to them for their own reasons.

Holding back on a project that guests have never experienced yet and won't storm the castle over? No problem.

Holding back on a project that was promised to address a long-time societal problem that would embarrass them if they didn't go through with it? No thanks, let's greenlight that one.

fctiger

They are cancelling something as cheap and simple as a carousel in Epcot because they don't have money.

They have enough draw for at least the next 5 years. Avengers Campus Phase 1 and Runaway Railway will be enough draw, not to mention the brand new Star Wars ride that not many had the chance to ride.

Plus, with Disneyland's AP based guests, if they are desperate for a draw, the return of Paint the Night or switching the films out in Soarin' will give just as much of a draw for around $200million less.

Well there is a difference there, a carousel isn't going to add attendance like an E-ticket ride would. But look, I'm not saying its going to happen, it very well could be cancelled. I just think they would still keep it as a possibility given this will be DCA's first E ticket since RSR. If it was going into DL then it probably would have a lesser chance given they opened up two big rides in GE just recently.

And if those were already enough I don't think they would've announced it in the first place. The funny thing is I remember reading on sites, especially MC that it WASN'T enough when AC and MMRR were announced. But yes we are living through a different time now.

truecoat

They are cancelling something as cheap and simple as a carousel in Epcot because they don't have money.

Are you implying that Disney can do a cheap carousel? (they can't) I believe it was going to be enclosed and you have to add the theming for Cherry Tree Lane so not just a cheap and simple carousel. @marni1971 can you shed some light?

toonaspie

In any case Mary Poppins deserved far better than a carousel.
DCA needs one more good E-ticket (maybe even 2) to feel more complete of a park. Wish it wasn't Marvel cause you already got Guardians.

mickEblu

In any case Mary Poppins deserved far better than a carousel.
DCA needs one more good E-ticket (maybe even 2) to feel more complete of a park. Wish it wasn't Marvel cause you already got Guardians.

If we re going off what’s reasonable and something Disney would actually do - A coco dark ride and an Avengers coaster would have been nice for DCA.

What I Want:

- any coaster, if it’s Marvel so be it. Not some new age jack of all trades, master of none, trying to do too much but not any fun attraction
- A new non Marvel land in the Hollywood backlot/ expansion bus transpo area which includes an E ticket boat ride (this would be the best area to hide a huge show building from the park.)
-Coco suspended dark ride in Pixar Pier
- Buena Vista street extended to Hyperion
- drive thru theatre restaurant added to Cars Land
- TOT comeback
- Soarin over California permanently comes back at least in one theatre
- Get rid of Jack jack on sticks
- Dark ride where Challenge Trail is possibly based on one or a combo of the following - gold mining, haunted or imploding caves, big foot, running into some mythical cave creatures etc

Last edited:

SplashGhost

If we re going off what’s reasonable and something Disney would actually do - A coco dark ride and an Avengers coaster would have been nice for DCA.

What I Want:

- any coaster, if it’s Marvel so be it. Not some new age jack of all trades, master of none, trying to do too much but not any fun attraction
- A new non Marvel land in the Hollywood backlot/ expansion bus transpo area which includes an E ticket boat ride (this would be the best area to hide a huge show building from the park.)
-Coco suspended dark ride in Pixar Pier
- Buena Vista street extended to Hyperion
- drive thru theatre restaurant added to Cars Land
- TOT comeback
- Soarin over California permanently comes back at least in one theatre
- Get rid of Jack jack on sticks
- Dark ride where Challenge Trail is possibly based on some or a combo of the following - gold mining, haunted or imploding caves, big foot, running into some mythical cave creatures etc

I like all of these ideas and they would drastically improve DCA. DCA would go from that park you go to for a couple of rides when Disneyland is too crowded to a great park on if all these changes happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom