Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

UNCgolf

I have a feeling one day Tower of Terror will come back. It'll take years and it may be replicated via screens, but it'll happen.

Guardians is already a dying IP and post pandemic the Marvel movies will never make the money they used to.

I don't see them ever recreating Tower of Terror there. It could eventually be turned into something else to replace the Guardians theme, but going back to what was there before seems really unlikely.

Robbiem

If we re going off what’s reasonable and something Disney would actually do - A coco dark ride and an Avengers coaster would have been nice for DCA.

What I Want:

- any coaster, if it’s Marvel so be it. Not some new age jack of all trades, master of none, trying to do too much but not any fun attraction
- A new non Marvel land in the Hollywood backlot/ expansion bus transpo area which includes an E ticket boat ride (this would be the best area to hide a huge show building from the park.)
-Coco suspended dark ride in Pixar Pier
- Buena Vista street extended to Hyperion
- drive thru theatre restaurant added to Cars Land
- TOT comeback
- Soarin over California permanently comes back at least in one theatre
- Get rid of Jack jack on sticks
- Dark ride where Challenge Trail is possibly based on one or a combo of the following - gold mining, haunted or imploding caves, big foot, running into some mythical cave creatures etc

i love the ideas 😀

coco is a great idea for a ride but I’d love an area based on Mexican California heritage and history for this if there’s room.

maybe the eticket boat ride could be a 49er gold rush themed version of western river adventure, or add a version of geyser mountain if it could be made different enough from TOT

I don't see them ever recreating Tower of Terror there. It could eventually be turned into something else to replace the Guardians theme, but going back to what was there before seems really unlikely.
It would have been so cool as a Doctor Strange drop tower dropping through different dimensions. Something which toed the line between the humor of Guardians and the creepiness of Tower of Terror.

truecoat

It would have been so cool as a Doctor Strange drop tower dropping through different dimensions. Something which toed the line between the humor of Guardians and the creepiness of Tower of Terror.

It would have made more sense than Guardians but that ship has sailed. They could retheme it in the future but at what cost and what theme would they use? The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror will never come back.

Mac Tonight

Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum would have been a near perfect redesign for TOT, especially as an anchor for Marvel Land.

Missed opportunity, 100%

mickEblu

Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum would have been a near perfect redesign for TOT, especially as an anchor for Marvel Land.

Missed opportunity, 100%

As a huge TOT fan and as much as I Would have still been bummed for it to be converted to Dr. Strange (or anything for that matter) I agree. Much more organic. And if they did this they could have at the very least kept the star field effect.

Well, in Paris, our last major E-ticket attraction in the main park dates back to 1995.
And we'll probably have to wait till Kanye West is president to get a new one.

So when I hear that DCA might not get a major attraction before 4/5 years instead of 2, I just feel like: "these lucky bastards...". 😅

1604623901533.png

lazyboy97o

Well, in Paris, our last major E-ticket attraction in the main park dates back to 1995.

So when I hear that DCA might not get a major attraction before 4/5 years instead of 2, I just feel like: "these lucky bastards...". 😅

View attachment 510929
Disneyland Paris has been spared, not ignored.

mickEblu

I’m just imagining a world where TOT stuck around and we got Cosmic Rewind in the Timon lot behind Avengers Campus instead of the proposed Avengers ride. ☹️

TOT, Cosmic Rewind, Spider-Man >>>>> GOTG:MB, Avengers ride (or lack thereof), Spider-Man

I’d feel a lot different about Avengers Campus and better about DCA in general. What a waste of resources GOTG:MB was

SuddenStorm

View attachment 510929

There was a time when Disneyland fans could say the same thing. And after seeing what's come since... Paris is lucky.

SplashGhost

I’m just imagining a world where TOT stuck around and we got Cosmic Rewind in the Timon lot behind Avengers Campus instead of the proposed Avengers ride. ☹️

TOT, Cosmic Rewind, Spider-Man >>>>> GOTG:MB, Avengers ride (or lack thereof), Spider-Man

I’d feel a lot different about Avengers Campus and better about DCA in general. What a waste of resources GOTG:MB was

The only reason we got Mission: Breakout was because Chapek wanted Marvel in the parks and he wanted it as soon as possible. He also wanted to be able to tie Mission: Breakout into the release of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. What you are proposing would be vastly superior to what we got and are getting, but sadly, Chapek just cares about doing things quick and cheap instead of spending money and time on the best long term investment.

Robbiem

I just find it so annoying that DCA, a park with not enough to do, saw nothing but rethemes after 2012, instead of adding new rides. They've netted zero new rides since 2012.

Yet the park spends hundreds of millions on making existing popular rides worse. I just don't understand it.

I agree completely I can’t understand not adding to DCA, with the cost of pixar pier, guardians, grizzly air field etc they could have boosted the park with some solid attractions

Rodj

To be honest you guys are forgetting about the DLP ToT, that one is the far superior/less cheaply built version of what should of only been at WDSP in the first place. They won't be bringing back an inferior version of the Tower, plus the floors were already massively changed that the Hallway scene and Mirror scene would not fit anymore.

SplashGhost

The only reason we got Mission: Breakout was because Chapek wanted Marvel in the parks and he wanted it as soon as possible. He also wanted to be able to tie Mission: Breakout into the release of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. What you are proposing would be vastly superior to what we got and are getting, but sadly, Chapek just cares about doing things quick and cheap instead of spending money and time on the best long term investment.

I just find it so annoying that DCA, a park with not enough to do, saw nothing but rethemes after 2012, instead of adding new rides. They've netted zero new rides since 2012.

Yet the park spends hundreds of millions on making existing popular rides worse. I just don't understand it.

I agree, with all the money they spent on Incredicoaster and Mission: Breakout, they could have built a great new E-Ticket. The future of DCA was looking so promising before Chapek came along.

mickEblu

I agree, with all the money they spent on Incredicoaster and Mission: Breakout, they could have built a great new E-Ticket. The future of DCA was looking so promising before Chapek came along.

Exactly. What would we miss about any of these re-themes if they suddenly reverted to their more than fine (better) original versions and we just got even one solid New E ticket instead? Jack Jack on sticks? I can’t name one thing I’d miss from the retheme of GOTG:MB, Soarin around the World or Pixar Pier. But synergy and short term gains sadly mean more to those in charge than the quality and long term health of the park.

Speaking of TOT has anyone checked out any ride throughs of the new ride profiles on the Paris version? I remember hearing about them and they had a great advertisement but don’t think I ever saw a ride thru.

Ok fine I can think of one thing I’d “miss.” I do think Jesses Carrousel is far superior to Tritons nips.

SplashGhost

Exactly. What would we miss about any of these re-themes if they suddenly reverted to their more than fine (better) original versions and we just got even one solid New E ticket instead? Jack Jack on sticks? I can’t name one thing I’d miss from the retheme of GOTG:MB, Soarin around the World or Pixar Pier. But synergy and short term gains sadly mean more to those in charge than the quality and long term health of the park.

Speaking of TOT has anyone checked out any ride throughs of the new ride profiles on the Paris version? I remember hearing about them and they had a great advertisement but don’t think I ever saw a ride thru.

Ok fine I can think of one thing I’d “miss.” I do think Jesses Carrousel is far superior to Tritons nips.

Absolutely nothing good came from The Incredicoaster. I will give Mission: Breakout credit for randomized drop sequences and the Rocket AA, but I still vastly prefer Tower of Terror.

Randomized drops could have easily been added to Tower of Terror. I watched a video of at least one of the new variations for the Paris Tower of Terror and I missed the original narration. I rather them have kept the original narration and show, and just added randomized drop sequences.

Here is a video of one of the variations:

PostScott

The future of DCA was looking so promising before Chapek came along.
He wasn't head of disney parks until 2018, he was only head of disney world from 2015-2018. Don't blame Chapek. Blame all the people who green lit this attraction. I'd have no doubt that Iger loved this idea because his whole thing was "use all the IPs". As much as I dislike Chapek, this wasn't his fault.

Blame Iger for bringing all these IPs in and all the imagineers or company heads that came up with these ideas and green lit them.

lazyboy97o

He wasn't head of disney parks until 2018, he was only head of disney world from 2015-2018. Don't blame Chapek. Blame all the people who green lit this attraction. I'd have no doubt that Iger loved this idea because his whole thing was "use all the IPs". As much as I dislike Chapek, this wasn't his fault.

Blame Iger for bringing all these IPs in and all the imagineers or company heads that came up with these ideas and green lit them.
Chapek was made Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts in 2015. That included all of the parks around the world, not just Walt Disney World. 2018 is when Consumer Products was merged into Parks and Resorts to form Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.

PostScott

Chapek was made Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts in 2015. That included all of the parks around the world, not just Walt Disney World. 2018 is when Consumer Products was merged into Parks and Resorts to form Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Whoops my bad, read the info wrong. Thanks for clarifying.

flutas

Small correction (and I don't blame you cause the ride is very eh).

Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters opened in 2016 and is a new ride not a retheme.

Though it did replace a ride, so number of ride's didn't change with it. So you're correct there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom