Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

josh2000

I've been saying that for 10 years and yet Marvel movies still make billions, it's beyond me.
Marvel is able to pull it off by constantly evolving and introducing new characters and stories. I've never been more excited for the future of the MCU after seeing WandaVision and Loki.

They're venturing further and further out of their comfort zone and the risks are paying off.

Ryan120420

View attachment 583532View attachment 583533
Could this be what we'll get at the end ? :

*it's a coaster
*ride vehicules have this very cool arc reactor on their vest harnesses
*and we keep the aeronautic theme

View attachment 583536

If Disney ever were going to build a Flying coaster, there no way I see them building it with a vertical load station with 3+ load/unload platforms for a single train. Way too expensive to operate for current Disney management.

I could see them going the route of FLY at Phantasialand where you load at ground level and the seats and track rotate passengers into the flying position.

FLY02-1024x768.jpeg

Fly-26-0.jpg

TragicMike

I’m not really into these movies because they all start feeling the same/ shallow to a non fan like me but when you say “Marvels first horror movie” that gets my attention. Splitting all these Marvel movies that are one genre and very similar into different genres sounds like a wise idea.
I don’t understand how someone can watch Homecoming, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man and Infinity War and claim they’re all a single genre. I just listed a coming of age film, a spy thriller, a heist film and a modern Greek-tragedy (if viewed from the perspective of the Avengers which most viewers do).

I get not liking action movies or the overarching humor of the MCU, but someone listing all the MCU as just a “superhero genre” is usually a red flag for me when I’m discussing movies with someone.

mickEblu

I don’t understand how someone can watch Homecoming, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man and Infinity War and claim they’re all a single genre. I just listed a coming of age film, a spy thriller, a heist film and a modern Greek-tragedy (if viewed from the perspective of the Avengers which most viewers do).

I get not liking action movies or the overarching humor of the MCU, but someone listing all the MCU as just a “superhero genre” is usually a red flag for me when I’m discussing movies with someone.

Of the films you mentioned I’ve only seen Infinity War which I liked despite not knowing a lot of the backstories.

As far as it being a “red flag” Martin Scorsese would disagree with you.

They literally are trying to connect all 22 or so movies in one way or another. How do you do that and create any real differentiation of genres? They all feel like one genre to someone who isn’t really into the MCU Universe. Super hero’s in different costumes. Tons of action. Not a lot of story or depth. It’s why my favorite Super hero movies are usually the first installment as they have the most story/ set up. Maybe the problem is they just release too many too fast. Fatigue.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Of the films you mentioned I’ve only seen Infinity War which I liked despite not knowing a lot of the backstories.

They literally are trying to connect all 22 or so movies in one way or another. How do you do that and create any real differentiation of genres? They all feel like one genre to someone who isn’t really into the MCU Universe. Super hero’s in different costumes. Tons of action. Not a lot of story or depth. It’s why my favorite Super hero movies are usually the first installment as they have the most story/ set up.
Did you actually read Scorsese’s quote? Because it’s a very odd invocation of authority on a theme park message board.

He also said nothing about them being the same genre.

mickEblu

Did you actually read Scorsese’s quote? Because it’s a very odd invocation of authority on a theme park message board.

He also said nothing about them being the same genre.

I took the user I responded to use of “red flag” to mean red flag that he’s talking to someone who doesn’t really know movies. So that’s why I brought up Martin Scorsese. Not sure he said anything about “one genre” but I’m sure he feels very similar to how I feel about them based on his quote.

And cmon guys. They re super hero movies from one universe that are literally trying to be connected by the people making them. It’s great if you guys like them and defend them on these boards. They all feel the same after a while. Carry on.

lazyboy97o

I took the user I responded to use of “red flag” to mean red flag that he’s talking to someone who doesn’t really know movies. So that’s why I brought up Martin Scorsese. Not sure he said anything about “one genre” but I’m sure he feels very similar to how I feel about them based on his quote.

And cmon guys. They re super hero movies from one universe that are literally trying to be connected by the people making them. It’s great if you guys like them and defend them on these boards. They all feel the same after a while. Carry on.
I took it to mean that you clearly hadn’t bothered to watch them and were just lumping them together. You don’t actually know if they’re all the same.

Scorsese was also comparing Marvel movies in with theme parks. So again, it’s an odd authority to quote here.

mickEblu

I took it to mean that you clearly hadn’t bothered to watch them and were just lumping them together. You don’t actually know if they’re all the same.

Scorsese was also comparing Marvel movies in with theme parks. So again, it’s an odd authority to quote here.

I’ve seen like 10 of them. I’ve seen enough.

mickEblu

But then again I’m so bored with Hollywood in general these days. Let alone one very specific cinematic universe with multiple sequels and overarching storylines across dozens of movies.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

They literally are trying to connect all 22 or so movies in one way or another. How do you do that and create any real differentiation of genres? They all feel like one genre to someone who isn’t really into the MCU Universe. Super hero’s in different costumes. Tons of action. Not a lot of story or depth. It’s why my favorite Super hero movies are usually the first installment as they have the most story/ set up. Maybe the problem is they just release too many too fast. Fatigue.
One can have an overarching thread that connects each story together without each story all being of the same genre. Just because you personally don't see it, due to your limited 10 movie viewing in a 24 movie franchise, doesn't mean they are all the same. Yes some of them have overlap in genre, but so do a lot of films going back to the Golden Age of Hollywood, still doesn't mean they are all the same.

mickEblu

One can have an overarching thread that connects each story together without each story all being of the same genre. Just because you personally don't see it, due to your limited 10 movie viewing in a 24 movie franchise, doesn't mean they are all the same. Yes some of them have overlap in genre, but so do a lot of films going back to the Golden Age of Hollywood, still doesn't mean they are all the same.

I feel like your side of the argument is kind of nitpicking here. Sure, there are some of them that standout (a little) for various reasons but not enough to put it them in a completely different genre.

Golden Age of Hollywood? Which one?

lazyboy97o

I’ve seen like 10 of them. I’ve seen enough.
But then again I’m so bored with Hollywood in general these days. Let alone one very specific cinematic universe with multiple sequels and overarching storylines across dozens of movies.
I don’t really care for wine. I’ve had it and will drink it when served, but it’s not something I chose to drink. I don’t really notices differences in taste. In a blind taste test im not sure I could distinguish a merlot from a Champagne. It would be ridiculous for me to claim all wine is the same.

It doesn’t matter if you like them or have any interest in seeing them. You haven’t seen Soider-Man: Homecoming so you have no basis to claim it is the same as Captain America: Winter Soldier.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I feel like your side of the argument is kind of nitpicking here. Sure, there are some of them that standout for various reasons but not enough to put it them in a completely different genre.

Golden Age of Hollywood? Which one?
Its not nitpicking, you clearly have no interest in these films so just lump them all as "super-hero films". But they are different genres from spy thrillers to comedies to sci-fi and everything in-between.

Golden Age of Hollywood typically refers to the time between 1920s to 1960s Hollywood, there has only been one.

mickEblu

I don’t really care for wine. I’ve had it and will drink it when served, but it’s not something I chose to drink. I don’t really notices differences in taste. In a blind taste test im not sure I could distinguish a merlot from a Champagne. It would be ridiculous for me to claim all wine is the same.

It doesn’t matter if you like them or have any interest in seeing them. You haven’t seen Soider-Man: Homecoming so you have no basis to claim it is the same as Captain America: Winter Soldier.

But there’s a lot more different wine in the world than 22 or so (don’t care to look it up) MCU movies. I’ve seen about half of the Marvel movies. You should be more confident in your wine tasting ability if you have tried 50% of all the wine in the world.

mickEblu

Its not nitpicking, you clearly have no interest in these films so just lump them all as "super-hero films". But they are different genres from spy thrillers to comedies to sci-fi and everything in-between.

Golden Age of Hollywood typically refers to the time between 1920s to 1960s Hollywood, there has only been one.

Haha I know. Which movie is Golden Age Hollywood? Captain America?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Haha I know. Which movie is Golden Age Hollywood? Captain America?
You missed the point. My point was there has been overlap of genre in movies going back to the Golden Age of Hollywood. Meaning that you have literally thousands of films that overlap in genre but yet you still see them because they each tell a different story. You don't stop seeing all westerns just because you saw Rio Bravo once. Or you don't stop seeing all comedies just because you saw Blazing Saddles as a kid. You don't go stop watching all movies just because some of them overlap.

The MCU tells its stories in lots of genres just wrapped in the shiny super-hero paper that is Marvel comics. To lump them all as just "super-hero movies" is only seeing the outer wrapping and not what is underneath, literally judging a book by its cover.

mickEblu

You missed the point. My point was there has been overlap of genre in movies going back to the Golden Age of Hollywood. Meaning that you have literally thousands of films that overlap in genre but yet you still see them because they each tell a different story. You don't stop seeing all westerns just because you saw Rio Bravo once. Or you don't stop seeing all comedies just because you saw Blazing Saddles as a kid. You don't go stop watching all movies just because some of them overlap.

The MCU tells its stories in lots of genres just wrapped in the shiny super-hero paper that is Marvel comics. To lump them all as just "super-hero movies" is only seeing the outer wrapping and not what is underneath, literally judging a book by its cover.

How is it judging a book by its cover if I’ve seen 10 of them?

I’d be tired of any genre or any series of movies that come out as often as MCU releases them. The next time I see a Marvel movie at the theatre or maybe at all will be because it’s revolutionary, will have a 90s level blockbuster buzz or be super unique.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
How is it judging a book by its cover if I’ve seen 10 of them?

I’d be tired of any genre or any series of movies that come out as often as MCU releases them. The next time I see a Marvel movie at the theatre or maybe at all will be because it’s revolutionary, will have a 90s level blockbuster buzz or be super unique.
Because you're saying that all 14 of the remaining current films are the same as the 10 you've seen without actually seeing them, that is literally judging a book by its cover.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom