Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

J4546

Disney puts the kibosh on anything not past a point of no return, construction-wise. Which means nothing new is on the horizon for after late 2022.

Meanwhile, Universal is chugging along and will have an entire new park - with Nintenoland and who knows what else? - ready a year or two after that.
disney has spent more money in the last 2 years on park improvements and rides than almost any other time in history. I dont get why so many people complain. Almost every US park has/is getting major upgrades and I guess im in the minority but I appreciate it. Also purely speculation but I bet they announce the new Avengers rides for CA and HK sooner than later.

lazyboy97o

disney has spent more money in the last 2 years on park improvements and rides than almost any other time in history. I dont get why so many people complain. Almost every US park has/is getting major upgrades and I guess im in the minority but I appreciate it. Also purely speculation but I bet they announce the new Avengers rides for CA and HK sooner than later.
That money is being poorly spent. The parks still seriously lack capacity despite the obscene cost of recent projects.

Californian Elitist

I’ve also been spending a lot of money over the past few years, and just like Disney, I have nothing to show for it.

No Name

With pay fast pass maybe we’ll get more attractions if they add to the bottom line by taking more of your cash
That is something that crossed my mind. Doubt it’ll really make a difference but for the stingy accounting people it does help them see more of a direct value on theme park additions.

lazyboy97o

With pay fast pass maybe we’ll get more attractions if they add to the bottom line by taking more of your cash
That is something that crossed my mind. Doubt it’ll really make a difference but for the stingy accounting people it does help them see more of a direct value on theme park additions.
Except that it only reinforces the current problem of focusing on expensive marquee attractions that can drive revenue but will induce too much demand, not smaller experiences that increase capacity and add to a day.

Tamandua

“The original ToT is a work of genius, I couldn’t retheme it if I tried. And… I tried.”
If you watch the Behind the Attraction episode on Tower of Terror, they pretty much explain Mission Breakout as a rushed, cheap retheme where the lead on the project is distracted by a bigger project he's managing in Florida. You almost have to wonder if the people behind that show were trying to be subversive because some of the stories aren't that flattering for Disney or Imagineering. The segment on Galaxy's Edge underscores how they were basically flying blind because no one really knew almost anything about the upcoming movies they had to base it on.

Tamandua

Box office forecasts for Shang Chi are pretty bad. Disney may regret not going the streaming route. Let the debate over whether marvel is in decline continue.

DanielBB8

Except that it only reinforces the current problem of focusing on expensive marquee attractions that can drive revenue but will induce too much demand, not smaller experiences that increase capacity and add to a day.
What are you referring to? Smaller and older attractions will remain to absorb the park capacity. The problem is those attractions will also face huge demand since some are quite popular like Pirates and Haunted Mansion. As long as the smaller attractions aren’t new, they won’t face significant demand, but doesn’t Disney reduce capacity of those older attractions (one train for Casey Jr Circus Train, or fewer Storybook boats). That’s what was argued in these forums before.

DanielBB8

Box office forecasts for Shang Chi are pretty bad. Disney may regret not going the streaming route. Let the debate over whether marvel is in decline continue.
Disney released another Eternals trailer and 2 weeks remaining before Shang Chi finally opens in theaters. Feige is in China begging for China to allow Shang Chi to open there. Did Feige forget about Black Widow that didn’t open in China?

Did Feige know that marketing Eternals to India is a turnoff to China who are in a border war with India? China won’t appreciate the Bollywood sequence on Eternals.

Shang Chi is China’s Song of the South. The replacement of Fu Manchu for The Mandarin is not likely to fool them as the omission of Uncle Remus from Splash Mountain for US audiences.

Last edited:

el_super

Spider man 3, Dr Strange 2 and Thor 4 coming in next 10 months. All 3 should be huge hits.

I think the movies will be pretty good... it's still the distribution model that is not working. People don't want to go to the theater yet, but also seem somewhat unwilling to watch at home.... it is confusing.

Tamandua

I think the subscribe and then pay on top of it model is whats bottlenecking them.

They should just sell the movie outright on digital, home video, and in theaters the same day. Let the consumer pick what they want.
If you believe Scarlett Johansson, the only reason they put Black Widow on Disney+ was to drive subscriptions, so they're not interested in separating the purchase from the subscription.

el_super

They should just sell the movie outright on digital, home video, and in theaters the same day. Let the consumer pick what they want.

That makes the most sense to me, but there is still this idea that they are leaving money on the table by not being theatrical only. Theater owners and production houses are all betting on a return to the theater-only model and Disney (or really the rest of Hollywood) isn't ready to commit one way or the other.

I think the theater owners are eventually going to have to come to reality with the change in the landscape, but it will be years before they can change, and the major studios are ready now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom