Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

SuddenStorm

Pixar Pier is the most important land to DCA. Change my mind.

Pixar Pier is peak Imagineering. Never before has such an immersive and important land been built. The implementation of a linear narrative on a seaside amusement coaster utilizing aspirational superhero characters is inspiring and transformative for a generation in a way Pirates of the Caribbean will never be.

mickEblu

Pixar Pier is peak Imagineering. Never before has such an immersive and important land been built. The implementation of a linear narrative on a seaside amusement coaster utilizing aspirational superhero characters is inspiring and transformative for a generation in a way Pirates of the Caribbean will never be.

Lol. Don’t disagree but it’s really the land that defines the park IMO. It has the vistas, park icon, World of Color and lots of rides/ kinetic energy. Most people going to Touch of Disney will flock there. Part of that is for practical reasons like the booths and rides (when they open) but the Pier (forget the Pixar part) is really the heart of the park.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Do you disagree with the statement though?
I would say CARS LAND appears to be more important to be honest. I haven't been to DCA in some time, last time was before CARS LAND existed but the whole park was just boring to me and did not feel like a Disney park more of a generic theme park and the pier known as Paradise PIER was the worst offender. It felt soo generic. No land really stood out and I thought the whole park was just bland and ugly with no charm or soul like Disneyland across the esplanade does. But it seems CARS LAND is always a major draw and those mountains are gorgeous so that seems more important than the generic pier with pixar stuff on it. Overall I don't enjoy DCA at all. Would rather spend all my time in Disneyland.

mickEblu

I would say CARS LAND appears to be more important to be honest. I haven't been to DCA in some time, last time was before CARS LAND existed but the whole park was just boring to me and did not feel like a Disney park more of a generic theme park and the pier known as Paradise PIER was the worst offender. It felt soo generic. No land really stood out and I thought the whole park was just bland and ugly with no charm or soul like Disneyland across the esplanade does. But it seems CARS LAND is always a major draw and those mountains are gorgeous so that seems more important than the generic pier with pixar stuff on it. Overall I don't enjoy DCA at all. Would rather spend all my time in Disneyland.

Don’t Get me wrong. I’m not saying Pixar Pier is the best land or best themed land. I’m saying it’s the most important land and I think it’s kind of by a long shot. Cars Land was a huge draw and I guess it still is but if tomorrow one of the lands were to suddenly disappear, the loss of Pixar Pier would be felt more.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Don’t Get me wrong. I’m not saying Pixar Pier is the best land or best themed land. I’m saying it’s the most important land and I think it’s kind of by a long shot. Cars Land was a huge draw and I guess it still is but if tomorrow one of the lands were to suddenly disappear, the loss of Pixar Pier would be felt more.
I just don't feel apart from the coaster there would be anything to miss if Pixar Pier got torn down so they can put in something better. I really am not a fan of it and honestly I think the Icon of the park was TOWER OF TERROR when it was erected before it looked like crap. Now I would say Grizzly Peak is more iconic than anything at the pier. The pier area is overrated. I really don't enjoy it.

mickEblu

I just don't feel apart from the coaster there would be anything to miss if Pixar Pier got torn down so they can put in something better. I really am not a fan of it and honestly I think the Icon of the park was TOWER OF TERROR when it was erected before it looked like crap. Now I would say Grizzly Peak is more iconic than anything at the pier. The pier area is overrated. I really don't enjoy it.

Is it overrated? I think it’s the opposite. The reason I brought this up is to bring a little nuance to the convo as most people unanimously have negative things to say about it - even if that’s mostly about the bad overlay which I agree with. With that said, I think it’s the most important land for the park. Just look at all the merch and where everyone is taking their pictures. Let alone everything else I already mentioned.

Disney Analyst

Lol. Don’t disagree but it’s really the land that defines the park IMO. It has the vistas, park icon, World of Color and lots of rides/ kinetic energy. Most people going to Touch of Disney will flock there. Part of that is for practical reasons like the booths and rides (when they open) but the Pier (forget the Pixar part) is really the heart of the park.

I love the Pier, but I love that kind of aesthetic. I think aesthetically the pier has improved greatly from DCA 1.0 days, but the pixar theme does feel out of place.

But I love the aesthetic fully.

mickEblu

I love the Pier, but I love that kind of aesthetic. I think aesthetically the pier has improved greatly from DCA 1.0 days, but the pixar theme does feel out of place.

But I love the aesthetic fully.

I think I agree. Are we able to separate the overlay from aesthetics though? I guess there are things I love and hate about the aesthetics.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Is it overrated? I think it’s the opposite. The reason I brought this up is to bring a little nuance to the convo as most people unanimously have negative things to say about it - even if that’s mostly about the bad overlay which I agree with. With that said, I think it’s the most important land for the park. Just look at all the merch and where everyone is taking their pictures. Let alone everything else I already mentioned.
I get what you are saying and how you feel that way, but to me, even before pixar was slapped on it, the whole land felt generic and still does even with the pixar characters on everything. Its the one area of the park to me that felt nothing like Disney at all. I am glad you enjoy it but for me I would just go there for the coaster and high tail it out of there afterwards. I would rather have spent my time going on back to back rides of Tower when it was still Tower which I did before. went on Tower back 2 back times because I loved it and as soon as I got off I had to go on it again.

mickEblu

I get what you are saying and how you feel that way, but to me, even before pixar was slapped on it, the whole land felt generic and still does even with the pixar characters on everything. Its the one area of the park to me that felt nothing like Disney at all. I am glad you enjoy it but for me I would just go there for the coaster and high tail it out of there afterwards. I would rather have spent my time going on back to back rides of Tower when it was still Tower which I did before. went on Tower back 2 back times because I loved it and as soon as I got off I had to go on it again.

Outside of the Hollywood backlot it also feels the least “Disney” to me. Still think my point stands though. I enjoy it for what it is. I’m not crazy about it. It’s has good energy even if the theming sucks.

Same here. TOT was my favorite ride at the park but that’s all you had in that corner. No good theming or ambiance either.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Outside of the Hollywood backlot it also feels the least “Disney” to me. Still think my point stands though. I enjoy it for what it is. I’m not crazy about it. It’s has good energy even if the theming sucks.

Same here. TOT was my favorite ride at the park but that’s all you had in that corner. No good theming or ambiance either.
Yeah but it was something that really made that corner special before they re-decorated the actual Tower. I get how you feel man. Like I get your point and its sound reasoning, I am just saying I would't miss the pier at all if they decided to expand Avenger's High School Land or put something new there.

mickEblu

Yeah but it was something that really made that corner special before they re-decorated the actual Tower. I get how you feel man. Like I get your point and its sound reasoning, I am just saying I would't miss the pier at all if they decided to expand Avenger's High School Land or put something new there.

That’s fair. I just think the majority would disagree with that opinion.

milordsloth

I only just recently learned that the Incredicoaster is the 6th longest steel coaster in the world! I'm a fan of Pixar Pier and agree that it is the land that defines the park for the reasons you stated.

ToTBellHop

I think Golden State is the string that sews the park together, personally. At the end of the day, it is the gorgeous wilderness that connects everything in California, which is why it also connects to every other land in the park. California is nothing without its natural beauty.

mickEblu

I think Golden State is the string that sews the park together, personally. At the end of the day, it is the gorgeous wilderness that connects everything in California, which is why it also connects to every other land in the park. California is nothing without its natural beauty.

You mean Grizzly Peak? That’s my favorite land. I’d say it was the most important land when the park opened but that changed over the years after World of Color, Mickeys Fun Wheel, Paradise Pier 2.0, TSMM etc.

If you notice the park logo/ icon used to be Grizzly Peak and now it’s the Fun Wheel.

ToTBellHop

You mean Grizzly Peak? That’s my favorite land. I’d say it was the most important land when the park opened but that changed over the years after World of Color, Mickeys Fun Wheel, Paradise Pier 2.0, TSMM etc.

If you notice the park logo/ icon used to be Grizzly Peak and now it’s the Fun Wheel.
Forgot they changed the name, but yes.

1615936629963.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom