Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Animaniac93-98

It also assumes I’ve been dying to live out some Marvel superhero fantasy adventure

You aren't?! Don't you know this is the FIRST time an American theme park has ever had a whole land dedicated to Marvel Superheroes?

1578881651499.png

:cautious:

SSG

So little recap from my sources. Through the campus but more particularly in the external queue we should find the S.P.D.R or spiderbots that are gradually invading the entire 2 Avengers campuses. By entering the building we discover what is the W.E.B and the project of its founders (who are the successor to Moon Knight (Lunella Lafayette) sided with the cute Devil Dinosaur shrunk with Pym particles, the successor of Iron Man Harley Keener the niece of King T'challa (A'di), and Peter Parker obviously), the Slinger. Everyone has made a contribution to the transport system, so they are each responsible for one of its functionalities. We then enter the preshow with a bit of a catastrophe, spidey explains the instructions. Robots multiply too fast, he needs our help. We pick up the glasses and board. Once embarked, c where the versions differ because after neutralizing the S.P.D.R in the premises of the W.E.B, it is necessary to save the rest of the campus so we re going to have the feeling of being outside. The robots are going through the pavilions ( Mission breakout underground in DCA) and since we won’t have the same ones in DCA and WDS, we won’t really have the same scenes. At the end of the ride, we manage to save the HQ of the Avengers. The order of opening of the rides defines the chronology of the events of the land. Robots will be kind of mechanical Gremlins. They multiply and ransack the campus.
At the W.E.B suppliers shop you can buy and manufacture your own interactive glove or your own robot which this time we hope will not multiply.
Sir, this is an Arby's....

vancee

So is it only going to be 2 screen based attractions in one land? If so, for time first time ever I'll say that Disney messed up on this one (sorry Bob, still love you <3).

PymParty

I don't have much issue with it, it's just that it seems a bit unnecessary. Why not give the attractions self-contained stories, especially if the extent they tie into each is so minimal that few people notice anyway.

Their goal is to create a form of MTPU (Marvel Theme Park Universe) where, like in the MCU movies, all the different rides and attractions from the different campuses acknowledge and impact each other.
An example of this would be during the Stark Expo show during season of super heroes in WDSP, Iron man was only shown on a screen saying he was busy fighting Hydra in Hong Kong (so in Iron Man Experience) and couldn't be here (in Paris) today.

the only thing is if this is really what they want to do, they should be consistent with it and have super heroes and rides appears uniquely in each campuses and attraction but this is impossible for guests satisfaction, can you imagine a guest coming to the new Avengers Campus in DCA to meet Iron Man and be told that he is only meeting in Hong Kong because of a stupid storyline or GOTG:MB stopping operations because the Guardians of the Galaxy are meeting and greeting guests and couldn't be in the ride right now !?!

The issue is that this ends up being a mix of interelated-but-not-so-much attractions and entertainment that leads to a weird final result storywise.

mccgavin

Their goal is to create a form of MTPU (Marvel Theme Park Universe) where, like in the MCU movies, all the different rides and attractions from the different campuses acknowledge and impact each other.
An example of this would be during the Stark Expo show during season of super heroes in WDSP, Iron man was only shown on a screen saying he was busy fighting Hydra in Hong Kong (so in Iron Man Experience) and couldn't be here (in Paris) today.

the only thing is if this is really what they want to do, they should be consistent with it and have super heroes and rides appears uniquely in each campuses and attraction but this is impossible for guests satisfaction, can you imagine a guest coming to the new Avengers Campus in DCA to meet Iron Man and be told that he is only meeting in Hong Kong because of a stupid storyline or GOTG:MB stopping operations because the Guardians of the Galaxy are meeting and greeting guests and couldn't be in the ride right now !?!

The issue is that this ends up being a mix of interelated-but-not-so-much attractions and entertainment that leads to a weird final result storywise.
I actually kinda like the cohesion they are going for in the different versions of the land, I just don't think they are approaching it in the best way. It's fine to acknowledge different parts of the campus or different parks, but they should do it in a way that the order in which events take place are not mentioned, so that the attractions will make sense no matter what order you ride them in.

Phroobar

That Ant man restaurant is such a missed opportunity to bring back an updated version of Adventure thru Inner Space. We could have been shrunk using the Pym Particles to the quantum realm. Imagine how psychedelic an omnimover ride like that could have been! Instead we get yet another bar that they will pack you in and the CMs will treat you like dirt.

planodisney

So little recap from my sources. Through the campus but more particularly in the external queue we should find the S.P.D.R or spiderbots that are gradually invading the entire 2 Avengers campuses. By entering the building we discover what is the W.E.B and the project of its founders (who are the successor to Moon Knight (Lunella Lafayette) sided with the cute Devil Dinosaur shrunk with Pym particles, the successor of Iron Man Harley Keener the niece of King T'challa (A'di), and Peter Parker obviously), the Slinger. Everyone has made a contribution to the transport system, so they are each responsible for one of its functionalities. We then enter the preshow with a bit of a catastrophe, spidey explains the instructions. Robots multiply too fast, he needs our help. We pick up the glasses and board. Once embarked, c where the versions differ because after neutralizing the S.P.D.R in the premises of the W.E.B, it is necessary to save the rest of the campus so we re going to have the feeling of being outside. The robots are going through the pavilions ( Mission breakout underground in DCA) and since we won’t have the same ones in DCA and WDS, we won’t really have the same scenes. At the end of the ride, we manage to save the HQ of the Avengers. The order of opening of the rides defines the chronology of the events of the land. Robots will be kind of mechanical Gremlins. They multiply and ransack the campus.
At the W.E.B suppliers shop you can buy and manufacture your own interactive glove or your own robot which this time we hope will not multiply.
So did anyone else read this?
If this is legit information this sounds really interesting and definitely different from Midway Mania.
This excites me!!

SevenSevens

Really? It still sounds like you are shooting at screens. Sounds exactly the same as Midway Mania.

Here's hoping it is more like Buzz Lightyear (but with screens). With screen and projector tech, there's no reason they need to be limited to clearly defined flat screens.

BasiltheBatLord

I haven't seen any of the Marvel movies so this reads like complete gibberish to me.

rsm

He can walk around Tomorrowland with Boba Fett.

Phroobar

Here's hoping it is more like Buzz Lightyear (but with screens). With screen and projector tech, there's no reason they need to be limited to clearly defined flat screens.
You don't want that. Just look at the Antman ride in Hong Kong. It makes Super Star Limo look like Pirates of the Caribbean.
Besides, the ride layout has already been shown to be the same as Midway Mania.

full

planodisney

Really? It still sounds like you are shooting at screens. Sounds exactly the same as Midway Mania.
Can someone explain to me, again I’m speaking here as if that post was accurate, where I’m getting this wrong or misunderstanding the content because it was a little jumbled.
While on the ride we get the feeling we are outside and around different parts of the campus.
How is that exactly like spinning from television screen to television screen with everything else just being flat wall backgrounds as on Midway Mania?
Am I misreading that?
I understand the track layout is basically the same
but if we have some small sets/set pieces, 3D effects and projection mapping on walls, ceiling and floors giving us the feeling of being transported to other locations while using a completely different shooter system, how is that identical to Midway Mania?

TROR

Can someone explain to me, again I’m speaking here as if that post was accurate, where I’m getting this wrong or misunderstanding the content because it was a little jumbled.
While on the ride we get the feeling we are outside and around different parts of the campus.
How is that exactly like spinning from television screen to television screen with everything else just being flat wall backgrounds as on Midway Mania?
Am I misreading that?
I understand the track layout is basically the same
but if we have some small sets/set pieces, 3D effects and projection mapping on walls, ceiling and floors giving us the feeling of being transported to other locations while using a completely different shooter system, how is that identical to Midway Mania?
Because the ride is still shooting at screens? The location could be Mars, that doesn't mean it's not the same basic ride as TSMM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom