Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

TROR

Yeah, that doesn’t work. It’s never going to work. Really shows how disconnected Bob Iger is.

Also I’m not even slightly excited for any of the Marvel shows they announced. Though I guess the fact most of Marvel’s upcoming products are TV shows as opposed to movies shows the descent of the MCU.

Californian Elitist

Yep, Eisner may have had problems, but at least he understood the importance of keeping the Disney brand separate. Seriously, why is this costume here?!

Right, why is it there??? That costume would have definitely taken me out of the moment for a brief second.

Same with the Simpsons characters. They took the 5 to the 605, to the 91, to the 110, to the 101, all the way to Universal to really borrow the costumes.

😑

lazyboy97o

Yep, Eisner may have had problems, but at least he understood the importance of keeping the Disney brand separate. Seriously, why is this costume here?!
What makes it even odder is that Iger effectively shut down Touchstone and Hollywood Pictures because he said Disney should focus on just being Disney. Instead of keeping those labels going and generating new content, he gets applauded for spending $70 billion to acquire content that is distinctly not Disney.

malice

Not Marvel related, but this is the most bizarre image I've seen at any D23 event by far.

I was at the expo yesterday...this was not advertised or posted anywhere on the Friday schedule. Must have been a last minute decision or they had trouble securing the costumes from Universal 🤣

Ismael Flores

well they do own Fox and Hulu now and every property associated with them so why not have some of that now in the expo? They promote Marvel, Pixar And Lucas also part of Disney now

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

Not Marvel related, but this is the most bizarre image I've seen at any D23 event by far.

I don't find it strange, They just paid billions for the properties of another studio. It makes sense to integrate them in their first large expo just like they have for every other studio and property they own

lazyboy97o

well they do own Fox and Hulu now and every property associated with them so why not have some of that now in the expo? They promote Marvel, Pixar And Lucas also part of Disney now
I don't find it strange, They just paid billions for the properties of another studio. It makes sense to integrate them in their first large expo just like they have for every other studio and property they own
Per Iger, such content is not part of Disney’s core competencies and brand image...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom