Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

No Name

Also east. Disney is both allowed to use and banned from using Marvel everywhere.

I imagine the actual contract specifies the United States, of course.
Ironically it actually doesn’t specify the United States anywhere in the contract!

It’s not the most formal contract so it still wouldn’t make a difference. But it would be a fun argument in an arbitration case.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Also east. Disney is both allowed to use and banned from using Marvel everywhere.
There is only one result that can come from this.....

Kugelblitz!

1658424446962.png

UNCgolf

with two new avengers movies coming in 2025 i would imagine they’ll probably film the scenes for the E-Ticket while filming the movies, just thought it was worth sharing

Maybe, although original Captain America, Iron Man, and Black Widow won't be involved in those movies. I'd think Disney would want them in the Avengers ride if they could get them.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
with two new avengers movies coming in 2025 i would imagine they’ll probably film the scenes for the E-Ticket while filming the movies, just thought it was worth sharing

Maybe, although original Captain America, Iron Man, and Black Widow won't be involved in those movies. I'd think Disney would want them in the Avengers ride if they could get them.
Remember that the timeline of the theme park attractions doesn't coincide with the MCU films. So everything that happens in these attractions happen outside of the standard MCU timeline, ie the blip never happened.

My guess its unlikely they would add any of the events of the two new Avengers movies into the new E-Ticket if it gets built. They'll have it be its own story will the original team of Avengers, with maybe some cameos from the current lineup.

UNCgolf

Remember that the timeline of the theme park attractions doesn't coincide with the MCU films. So everything that happens in these attractions happen outside of the standard MCU timeline, ie the blip never happened.

My guess its unlikely they would add any of the events of the two new Avengers movies into the new E-Ticket if it gets built. They'll have it be its own story will the original team of Avengers, with maybe some cameos from the current lineup.

My point had nothing to do with the timeline -- just that Chris Evans, RDJ (although he's not as important, as mentioned above), and Scarlett Johansson are no longer part of the MCU. Any filming with them would have to be scheduled separately and they'd likely have to write a very large check.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
My point had nothing to do with the timeline -- just that Chris Evans, RDJ (although he's not as important, as mentioned above), and Scarlett Johansson are no longer part of the MCU. Any filming with them would have to be scheduled separately and they'd likely have to write a very large check.
I got your point, I was responding to the overall sentiment that the new films would even be part of the new attraction.

As far as the voices, as you may or may not know, they already are using other voice actors as needed for the D+ series for those characters, such as for What If. So I don't think they need to write a big check if they don't want to, they can get other voice actors such as Lake Bell for Black Widow if needed.

UNCgolf

I got your point, I was responding to the overall sentiment that the new films would even be part of the new attraction.

As far as the voices, as you may or may not know, they already are using other voice actors as needed for the D+ series for those characters, such as for What If. So I don't think they need to write a big check if they don't want to, they can get other voice actors such as Lake Bell for Black Widow if needed.

It just depends on what they're doing in the ride. If it's live action filmed with the real actors, even if it's just close-ups of their faces while talking (like Guardians), getting voice actors for Black Widow and Captain America isn't really helpful. If they're just off in the distance, they could be done solely as CGI and a voice actor works.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It just depends on what they're doing in the ride. If it's live action filmed with the real actors, even if it's just close-ups of their faces while talking (like Guardians), getting voice actors for Black Widow and Captain America isn't really helpful. If they're just off in the distance, they could be done solely as CGI and a voice actor works.
Could be, but if its the battle scenes over Wakanda like was original idea then its going to be all voice actors. Just look at the Iron Man attraction in Hong Kong, they never use RDJs face at all, and that was when he was still under contract. So I think we can use that as a basis for what they will likely do.

MarvelCharacterNerd

They're being very clear going forward that Sam Wilson is Captain America - to the point of not having a Steve Rogers walkaround character in the Paris Campus - just Sam. I would assume they would do the same with any future E Ticket. I don't see Steve or Natasha likely part of a future E Ticket that is still several years down the road.

And Iron Man is well represented at other parks for attractions (Paris and Hong Kong). I would expect any E Ticket in development at this point to be the next generation of Avengers (probably facing off against Kang or Doom).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom