Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Phroobar

Does that come in life-size?

Asking for a friend.
He does. With interchangeable outfits and body parts.

fdfd.jpg

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Is fan response on social media not indicative of where those trends will shift?

Not necessarily -- especially if Twitter is the social media platform, although the same issues apply to all of them.

Twitter has become shorthand for how people feel about something, but it's actually a terrible source. The number of people that use Twitter regularly isn't nearly as large as people think, and the number of people who actually tweet and respond to tweets is a small percentage of that. It also quickly turns into an echo chamber where only the people who agree with a person actually follow/respond to them, and the kind of people who are more likely to comment, either positively or negatively, are usually not representative of the general public anyways. It's essentially a self-selecting group.

It's just not a good source for any kind of statistically useful analysis of what people think about anything.

Last edited:

No Name

Is fan response on social media not indicative of where those trends will shift?
Social media is a big place with a million opinions, but it favors strong and negative ones by design. These are often the franchise’s most passionate fans, who are mostly unhappy or confused (but really impatient) with the direction of phase 4, but will continue to watch the movies until they kick the bucket. It’s similar to how people on this website have been heavily complaining about Disney for the last 20 years and still go all the time.

The repeatedly high box office is a much better indicator of things.
Also just saw uncgolf’s comment which is a much better explainer of things.

Consumer

Not necessarily -- especially if Twitter is the social media platform, although the same issues apply to all of them.

Twitter has become shorthand for how people feel about something, but it's actually a terrible source. The number of people that use Twitter regularly isn't nearly as large as people think, and the number of people who actually tweet and respond to tweets is a small percentage of that. It also quickly turns into an echo chamber where only the people who agree with a person actually follow/respond to them, and the kind of people who are more likely to comment, either positively or negatively, are usually not representative of the general public anyways. It's essentially a self-selecting group.

It's just not a good source for any kind of statistically useful analysis of what people think about anything.
Social media is a big place with a million opinions, but it favors strong and negative ones by design. These are often the franchise’s most passionate fans, who are mostly unhappy or confused (but really impatient) with the direction of phase 4, but will continue to watch the movies until they kick the bucket. It’s similar to how people on this website have been heavily complaining about Disney for the last 20 years and still go all the time.

The repeatedly high box office is a much better indicator of things.
Also just saw uncgolf’s comment which is a much better explainer of things.
According to Twitter, the Captain Marvel film was destined to be giant failure.

It was a giant success.
Maybe it’s just me, but I’m used to seeing nothing but pro-Marvel comments on Marvel fan pages across social media platforms, whether it be Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or Twitter. Within the past year, they’ve become far more critical of Marvel everywhere. I think there’s a real shift that y’all just may not be seeing yet.

I’m not making any comment about the financial success of Marvel going forward, more on how its status as something everybody gets excited for. Just as Disney mismanaged Star Wars, it seems people feel they are also mismanaging Marvel.

That’s just the sentiment I’m seeing across the board, not just Twitter. Of course that can change, but that’s the direction the public seems to be going. That’s all.

TwilightZone

When I say "social media" I usually am refering to multiple, in this case, it's Twitter and various subreddits. But yeah can't deny these movies will still print money, it's just something interesting I think that should be looked into for the future of these movies. Will they eventually have to adapt to shifting perception, even if it's the vocal minority?

UNCgolf

I do think they will have to make some changes, even if small ones, in terms of expecting people to have consumed every bit of content out there. When the MCU was just films, it was relatively easy to assume people had seen all of the films. Now that they have a bunch of shows on Disney+ as well, it's less likely people are going to be up to date on literally everything that's happened.

The only Marvel shows I've watched are Loki and WandaVision -- Loki was great, and WandaVision was excellent most of the way through but petered out over the last couple of episodes -- none of the others have looked interesting enough to bother watching. I imagine that's going to become the norm as the amount of content out there keeps growing. People will pick and choose what they want to watch rather than watching every single MCU release.

Sharon&Susan

Asking this question again. Who honestly thinks we’re still getting that E? Alternative question, who believes they’re going to give us an update at D23 in September?
If you mean the E that they intended to build, I don't think so. If you mean a Marvel E Ticket in general built on that spot, I think it's inevitable unless if the whole franchise goes under with no chance of resurrection.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If you mean the E that they intended to build, I don't think so. If you mean a Marvel E Ticket in general built on that spot, I think it's inevitable unless if the whole franchise goes under with no chance of resurrection.
I agree, we may not get the one announced, but some other major Marvel attraction in that area yeah at some point. Though I don't know if it'll be announced at this years D23, however if they want it ready for the DL 75th they'll have to start soon.

D.Silentu

Much as I wish we were getting the announced E-Ticket, I'm pivoting to think that something different is on the way. Insiders here are implying that and it's the closest thing to news that I have to go off. As for D23, I bet they do announce the ride, but in the same vague way that they announced the other one with no details or timeframe attached.

mickEblu

Much as I wish we were getting the announced E-Ticket, I'm pivoting to think that something different is on the way. Insiders here are implying that and it's the closest thing to news that I have to go off. As for D23, I bet they do announce the ride, but in the same vague way that they announced the other one with no details or timeframe attached.

Really? I haven’t seen insiders say anything about the Avengers E. Is this on the WDW side of the forum ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom