Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

BrianLo

Original Poster
If that shooter is anything like Ant-Man I’m happy Disney doesn’t have the rights in Florida. Talk about lazy. Give me Universal’s 20 year old masterpiece any day of the week.

Indeed, albeit it's supposed to be the third tier attraction in all the Marvel lineups.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Spider-Man should be top tier smh...

I mean third tier in terms of the MCU is still pretty near the top... there are like 10 other tiers that don't even get attractions.

The headliner should be Avengers unquestionably, not spiderman. Frankly I don't even think they should have picked Spiderman. We've already got a great Spiderman ride.

mickEblu

I mean third tier in terms of the MCU is still pretty near the top... there are like 10 other tiers that don't even get attractions.

The headliner should be Avengers unquestionably, not spiderman. Frankly I don't even think they should have picked Spiderman. We've already got a great Spiderman ride.

Third tier as it won’t be an Avengers E ticket or even GOTG:MB but I’m hoping it’s a huge step up from Antman.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Third tier as it won’t be an Avengers E ticket or even GOTG:MB but I’m hoping it’s a huge step up from Antman.

It just needs more movement. I still like what they've done tech wise with the new targets on Buzz 2.0/Ant Man.

Ant Man just feels like someone forgot to turn on the switch that makes the simple animatronics move. :rolleyes:

Albeit I am certain it's more exciting to actually ride than watch.

I'm also curious on the actual guts of the land itself (and hopefully a Red Car Trolley extension).

In other news they've started on Hong Kong's (supposedly RoTR-like) E-ticket.

mickEblu

It just needs more movement. I still like what they've done tech wise with the new targets on Buzz 2.0/Ant Man.

Ant Man just feels like someone forgot to turn on the switch that makes the simple animatronics move. :rolleyes:

Albeit I am certain it's more exciting to actually ride than watch.

I'm also curious on the actual guts of the land itself (and hopefully a Red Car Trolley extension).

In other news they've started on Hong Kong's (supposedly RoTR-like) E-ticket.

I’d agree if I could spot something that’s capable of moving.

Unfortunately my expectations for the land are even lower than the Spider-Man attraction.

I don’t know how to feel about the Trolley going through Marvel Land. On one hand kinetic energy is always a plus. On the other it doesn’t really fit the direction they re going with Marvel Land but neither does a Monorail in Fantasyland. Disneyland works fine with those same inconsistencies and in most cases it add charm. I’m curious to see what the new track layout looks like.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I don’t know how to feel about the Trolley going through Marvel Land. On one hand kinetic energy is always a plus. On the other it doesn’t really fit the direction they re going with Marvel Land but neither does a Monorail in Fantasyland. Disneyland works fine with those same inconsistencies and in most cases it add charm. I’m curious to see what the new track layout looks like.

The trolley is fine IMO, recall the direction is more a repurposed urban warehouse district.

Most urban landscapes that used a trolley/streetcar systems have/had them transit through those areas. Doesn't San Francisco? Toronto certainly does. Many European centres still do.

Mike S

Imo it should be a SWL type situation. More than one E Ticket.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Imo it should be a SWL type situation. More than one E Ticket.

All three parks will have two E-tickets: Mission Breakout (DCA), Iron Man Experience (HKDL) and The Iron Man overlay of Rocking Roller Coaster (WDSP). Each location are then slated for a new E and will have a shooter as their third attraction.

The problem is the molasses-like phased roll out rather than the final talley.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I'm really beginning to wonder if the Trolley will actually be going through Marvel Land. I mean the recent concept art doesn't depict the Trolley at all. And really when you think about it, there isn't really a reason to shut it down now if it was going to go through Marvel Land anyways, because its just track in the ground. Which can easily be done while the land is being built and then hooked up with the current route later right before opening. So they really didn't need to shut it down.

So could it be there is something more going on with the Trolley. Could it be that it's not actually going through Marvel Land, but instead this is to move the Trolley Barn to another location in anticipation for Phase 2 going behind GotG?

dlr74

So could it be there is something more going on with the Trolley. Could it be that it's not actually going through Marvel Land, but instead this is to move the Trolley Barn to another location in anticipation for Phase 2 going behind GotG?

From what I've heard, this is what's happening

mickEblu

I'm really beginning to wonder if the Trolley will actually be going through Marvel Land. I mean the recent concept art doesn't depict the Trolley at all. And really when you think about it, there isn't really a reason to shut it down now if it was going to go through Marvel Land anyways, because its just track in the ground. Which can easily be done while the land is being built and then hooked up with the current route later right before opening. So they really didn't need to shut it down.

Yeah I’m not 100% sold that the trolley is going thru Marvel Land. I agree that this could just be the barn moving. I just think that for Disney to mention a new “line” that it has to be a somewhat substantial. It could just be that it gets rerouted through the backlot. Obviously the fact that concept art exists with the trolley in Marvel Land means this could really go anyway.

mickEblu

I feel like this whole WEB thing is like the Marvel equivalent of a Hollywood backlot. Why not something actually themed and fleshed out and inherently more Disney like 1930s Hollywood or some cool futuristic looking city?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah I’m not 100% sold that the trolley is going thru Marvel Land. I agree that this could just be the barn moving. I just think that for Disney to mention a new “line” that it has to be a somewhat substantial. It could just be that it gets rerouted through the backlot. Obviously the fact that concept art exists with the trolley in Marvel Land means this could really go anyway.

I guess it could go either way. But the first concept art showed what we assumed was the Trolley, second concept art didn't. So was the first concept art actually showing the Trolley or was it some vague attempt at showing the Spider-Man show building? Given that what we assumed was the Trolley has the WEB Spider-Man logo on it indicates to me in hindsight that it was a vague attempt to show the Spider-Man show building.

So really I think the Trolley track is being relocated either to stop right after Hyperion, or for it to go into the Backlot. And if it goes into the Backlot, then what does that mean for Backlot/Marvel future? Or does that mean Backlot gets a whole new theme all together, like a complete Mickey overlay with PhilMagic opening this month? Anyways its interesting times, it'll be fun to see it all come together....

Mike S

All three parks will have two E-tickets: Mission Breakout (DCA), Iron Man Experience (HKDL) and The Iron Man overlay of Rocking Roller Coaster (WDSP). Each location are then slated for a new E and will have a shooter as their third attraction.

The problem is the molasses-like phased roll out rather than the final talley.
Two new E tickets.

Frontierland's Finest

I feel like they will reroute the trolley to the backstage door between the Hyperion and and Mission Breakout. That would make sense because it keeps the trolley within the Hollywood Backlot theme, and that backstage door is one of the main doors for parade entry and exit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom