Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I feel like they will reroute the trolley to the backstage door between the Hyperion and and Mission Breakout. That would make sense because it keeps the trolley within the Hollywood Backlot theme, and that backstage door is one of the main doors for parade entry and exit.

I agree that is one option. The only problem I see with that is there isn't space on that side for the Trolley Barn. So I don't know where they'd put it, unless they place it someplace else and just have lots of track backstage.

mickEblu

I feel like they will reroute the trolley to the backstage door between the Hyperion and and Mission Breakout. That would make sense because it keeps the trolley within the Hollywood Backlot theme, and that backstage door is one of the main doors for parade entry and exit.

That was my initial thought but I don’t think that’s enough of a change for Disney to mention that the trolley will have a new route.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That was my initial thought but I don’t think that’s enough of a change for Disney to mention that the trolley will have a new route.

Now to be fair, Disney hasn't made an official announcement as of yet that I know of, so they haven't actually mentioned a "new route".

Here is the only thing officially from Disney on the Trolley refurb that I know of from the attraction page:

"Beginning April 1, 2019, Red Car Trolley will be closed for refurbishment in preparation to bring a universe of Super Heroes to Disney California Adventure Park. Red Car Trolley will return to transport Guests through Buena Vista Street and Hollywood Land in 2020."

This does give a little more credence to the Trolley not going through Marvel Land as there is no mention of it in that statement. But there is nothing official saying there is a new route. That is all just us pulling information out of the little information we have, like we always do... ;)

mickEblu

Now to be fair, Disney hasn't made an official announcement as of yet that I know of, so they haven't actually mentioned a "new route".

Here is the only thing officially from Disney on the Trolley refurb that I know of from the attraction page:

"Beginning April 1, 2019, Red Car Trolley will be closed for refurbishment in preparation to bring a universe of Super Heroes to Disney California Adventure Park. Red Car Trolley will return to transport Guests through Buena Vista Street and Hollywood Land in 2020."

This does give a little more credence to the Trolley not going through Marvel Land as there is no mention of it in that statement. But there is nothing official saying there is a new route. That is all just us pulling information out of the little information we have, like we always do... ;)

Hmmmm, I could have sworn they released a statement saying their would be a new route. Where am I getting that from?

truecoat

I think it would be nice to have the trolleys go into Marvel land but I suspect it will just be put to the side to open up the connecting land. Red would be the new trolley barn to replace the other.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think it would be nice to have the trolleys go into Marvel land but I suspect it will just be put to the side to open up the connecting land.

View attachment 362793
The issue is where to put that little white building immediately to the right of GotG, that is the Trolley Barn. Its right smack dab in the middle of the path to Phase 2.

What some on the Tubes have suggested as a spot would be in the area (where that white truck is shown) next to Luigi's.

However my bet is it'll probably go in the area to the left of the power station (I think that's what it is) on the left side of GotG. Or like was said in other post, somewhere in the Backlot.

truecoat

The issue is where to put that little white building immediately to the right of GotG, that is the Trolley Barn. Its right smack dab in the middle of the path to Phase 2.

What some on the Tubes have suggested as a spot would be in the area (where that white truck is shown) next to Luigi's.

However my bet is it'll probably go in the area to the left of the power station (I think that's what it is) on the left side of GotG. Or like was said in other post, somewhere in the Backlot.

Sorry, I didn't label that the red part would be the new trolley barn with the assumption the other would be taken down.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sorry, I didn't label that the red part would be the new trolley barn with the assumption the other would be taken down.

I kind of got that, but that would eat into a lot of space for Phase 1 of Marvel Land. So with BL already not being a lot of space I would think they want to use as much of that space as possible.

Ismael Flores

so anyone been to the park lately and seen how construction is going? last blogger update had lots of vertical construction going on extending the existing structure

Ismael Flores

I think it would be nice to have the trolleys go into Marvel land but I suspect it will just be put to the side to open up the connecting land. Red would be the new trolley barn to replace the other.

View attachment 362795

I think that If they just wanted it out of the way to open up that corner they could always move it east and up against the large white building. marked in Yellow below.

Also it would be foolish to not consider removing the old equipment that was used for the Luigis tires. I doubt that large equipment used for the blowers will ever be used. That would add quite a bit of square footage for a building. marked in red below

Ismael Flores

I also wonder if this section is something that should also be considered for removal. Does anyone know what that white building is for? The small green section has tables for castmember lunch area but if they trimmed down that oddly shaped corner that cuts down the width of the pathway i am sure they can relocate those tables a bit. They don't need that dead end road anymore since Heimlich is gone.

maybe they can change it up a bit like this

blue = new Wall
green = additional Castmember break area for tables

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think that If they just wanted it out of the way to open up that corner they could always move it east and up against the large white building. marked in Yellow below.

Also it would be foolish to not consider removing the old equipment that was used for the Luigis tires. I doubt that large equipment used for the blowers will ever be used. That would add quite a bit of square footage for a building. marked in red below

View attachment 362985

The yellow is part of the prime real estate where part of the Phase 2 show building is likely going. Remember you have to think about not only the Trolley Barn building but also the track. So it won't make sense to just move the Trolley Barn to the right if you still have the track in the way.

I'm thinking your area in red is more where its going. If not there then somewhere in the Backlot.

Ismael Flores

The yellow is part of the prime real estate where part of the Phase 2 show building is likely going. Remember you have to think about not only the Trolley Barn building but also the track. So it won't make sense to just move the Trolley Barn to the right if you still have the track in the way.

I'm thinking your area in red is more where its going. If not there then somewhere in the Backlot.

I already had considered the tracks, they would just need to be extended a few yards. The last trolley station would also be pushed back a few yards from where it is now and would be located right at the crossroads which can easily contain a center plaza that transitions from the !st phase of the land into the extended 2nd phase where the massive second "E" ticket building would go.

Red = new backstage wall
green new gates
yellow new trolley stop.

that would still leave a extremely wide area in the hourglass shaped land.

It will be interesting to see exactly what they do, no matter what the angle of the tower will seem kind of odd

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I already had considered the tracks, they would just need to be extended a few yards. The last trolley station would also be pushed back a few yards from where it is now and would be located right at the crossroads which can easily contain a center plaza that transitions from the !st phase of the land into the extended 2nd phase where the massive second "E" ticket building would go.

Red = new backstage wall
green new gates
yellow new trolley stop.

View attachment 363000

that would still leave a extremely wide area in the hourglass shaped land.
View attachment 363001
It will be interesting to see exactly what they do, no matter what the angle of the tower will seem kind of odd

It will be interesting that is for sure. Though it just seems like an odd placement for what should be area kept for part of a show building.

And yes I agree the placement of the tower causes a lot of these issues. But I don't think they were thinking of future expansion when they placed it.

DanielBB8

The trolley barn should be moved to Paradise Pier where the Mermaid attraction is at. Extend the track so the red cars will travel from the entrance to Paradise Pier. This makes more sense than keeping the route to Hollywood that will switch over to Marvel one day. Either replace the playground area or go further west to the mad mouse coaster.

Ismael Flores

The trolley barn should be moved to Paradise Pier where the Mermaid attraction is at. Extend the track so the red cars will travel from the entrance to Paradise Pier. This makes more sense than keeping the route to Hollywood that will switch over to Marvel one day. Either replace the playground area or go further west to the mad mouse coaster.

there is no need to loose another attraction for a backstage building.
why not just extend the tracks all the way thru the parade route and out the Paradise pier backstage gate

Last edited:

BrianLo

Original Poster
Actual news!

Codename for the Spiderman attraction is apparently Slingshot.

The blueprints from Paris are also enlightening. You can easily see the size of the building relative to tower of Terror and the section that 'bends' towards it at the end.

My longstanding theory that they are extending the It's Tough to be a Bug Theatre is now very likely if these are supposed to be cloned attractions.

My new guesswork revision of the layout of the land includes a Red Extension of the building. Yellow denoting the major guest thorough fares. Three Green plots for Food and Beverage, Retail or Meet and Greets.

Pink being two future egress points into the "third phase".

I just want to point out that we still really haven't seen the land, we've just been shown the facade for the Spiderman attraction.

I'm also presuming we'll see major revision of the backstage road access, so the plots are rough.

Edit: My extension is definitely a bit incorrect, apparently the are extending both out front a bit and out to the side(s). Albeit not taking out the washroom like I partially ignored. The washroom is definitely staying.

Last edited:

Mike S

Actual news!

Codename for the Spiderman attraction is apparently Slingshot.

The blueprints from Paris are also enlightening. You can easily see the size of the building relative to tower of Terror and the section that 'bends' towards it at the end.

View attachment 363942

My longstanding theory that they are extending the It's Tough to be a Bug Theatre is now very likely if these are supposed to be cloned attractions.

My new guesswork revision of the layout of the land includes a Red Extension of the building. Yellow denoting the major guest thorough fares. Three Green plots for Food and Beverage, Retail or Meet and Greets.

Pink being two future egress points into the "third phase".

View attachment 363947

I just want to point out that we still really haven't seen the land, we've just been shown the facade for the Spiderman attraction.

I'm also presuming we'll see major revision of the backstage road access, so the plots are rough.

Edit: My extension is definitely a bit incorrect, apparently the are extending both out front a bit and out to the side(s). Albeit not taking out the washroom like I partially ignored. The washroom is definitely staying.
What facade?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom