Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

mickEblu

Such negativity and foot-stomping. This is why I don't visit MiceChat anymore (it's been years, in fact). I'll wait and see what the company actually does instead.

No need I’ll tell you. They ll make a new land that has no congruent theme/ aesthetic that reeks of Cheapek. This lands main attractions are plasticky looking instragrammable food, a ride that was designed with the primary purpose to sell toys and a bunch of CM face characters in party city costumes. Oh ya, no shade to save your life.

truecoat

The film itself makes a point that returning the stones will not create alternate timelines. Otherwise, despite your map, that discussion was completely poiintless. And the whole Pym particles thing seems much more convuluted that saying Cap just stayed out of sight (At least one of the producers agrees with me) In the end, I guess believe what you want. Me, I choose to believe Cap just stayed in the past as it makes more sense accounting for the number of convuluted ways Peggy made sure her husband was never named, mentioned or even photographed (kinda weird, don't ya think?)

So he made out with his niece.

truecoat

Can we go back to talking about The Millenium Falcon's Ramp please?

flipping off chris pratt GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Mac Tonight

Because that's the way it's in Florida right now.
And Florida also got to keep their Tower of Terror. A more themed box out west seems like a fair trade off. ;)

Let me reiterate, I am not advocating for, desiring, or even the slightest bit hopeful that they'll clone Cosmic Rewind at Avengers Campus... But it also wouldn't surprise me if it happens.

Mac Tonight

The current box is insulated metal panels which are not capable of holding any sort of meaningful theming. The entire side of the building would have to be changed in its design and engineering, which would be a significant expense.

I don’t think people appreciate the size of the Cosmic Rewind box. It is absolutely huge. It’s 130’ tall whereas Flight of Passage fits inside a building that is about half as tall. Avengers is a big blue box, Cosmic Rewind is a ginormous box.
Oh no, I appreciate it's size. It can fit 4 Spaceship Earths after all...

MarvelCharacterNerd

I just saw a post from someone saying there were boarding groups still available today at 12:13pm for Webslingers. Anyone hear about that?
It's a weekday, but I hope so - now that the park opens at 8am, there's literally no way I could get there if I try from home at 7am and get into the first 30-40 boarding groups. Given that it takes about an hour from getting off the freeway to getting into the park in the morning (parking, security, walk from structure), the only way to do it would be to already be there at 7am, try to get in and then go right into the parks. And yeah, not doing that as that would require rising before dawn. lol So I'll be stuck with just one shot per day (noon) to try to get on and therefore it would be great if I had an actual chance at it!

MarvelCharacterNerd

Really great article about the Spidey stuntronic:

A few key takeaways:

“We made certain vows that a guest could not walk through Avengers Campus without seeing some heroes,” says Dan Fields, a creative executive overseeing live entertainment at the parks.

“Which seems really basic, but ... there are different frequencies of characters that appear in different parts of the park. ... The promise that we wanted to make was that we would overwhelm the guest experience because ... it’s a living breathing place that’s happening here and now.”

I love that they planned the campus as a living breathing place with characters everywhere. I love that they wanted to overwhelm the guests with characters as compared to elsewhere in the parks. I love even more that they actually made it happen that way. :) Just hope they get to keep it that way as the characters-and-entertainment-everywhere is what makes the place so enjoyable (for me). :)

Also:

Despite its glaring drawbacks, the yearlong delay did buy the live entertainment department extra time to fine-tune the “Amazing Spider-Man” show and add some final flourishes, such as voice-over work from none other than Holland.

The 25-year-old British actor also is featured during the immersive ride portion of California Adventure’s Spider-Man experience, available to a limited number of lucky guests per day via a virtual queuing system.

“We were really making sure we were getting the same Tom Holland, the same Spider-Man, the same Peter Parker for both parts of the show,” Fields says. “He’s just a lovely person and quick on his feet and witty. ... He put his own shine on it that really makes it special and authentic.”
I figured it HAD to be Tom's voice in the Spidey show. While the soundalike for RDJ's Iron Man is REALLY GOOD in the stunt show - like he's not just got the voice and intonation but the timing, too - there was one word that I kept coming back to each time I watched the Spidey show - "Cool." There is just a very, very special way that Tom delivers certain lines that nobody could mimic - and it's part of why he is so utterly wonderful in the role. He makes that one word sound full of both wonder and deep contemplation. Every time I hear it, I'm completely caught up in the nuance of the delivery of that one word. And I kept thinking "HOW could they have found anyone to deliver that word that way except Tom?" So it was nice to see that confirmed. :)

George Lucas on a Bench

They did literally run out of Shawarma and we were actually curious to try it. Avengerland is a mostly open area of concrete surrounded by buildings and people either waiting/trying to get in to places or watching Spider-Boy while CMs wave those sticks to get people to move. Seemed like a lot of people were under the impression there were more rides there and were confused by the shuttle parked on a building with nothing there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom