Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

SplashGhost

I haven't been on it yet, but from videos, I think this Web Slingers ride is absolutely pathetic. Universal was able to create an amazing ride out of The Secret Life of Pets, but Disney completely drops the ball with the biggest film franchise of all time (the MCU) with one of their laziest rides ever.

Also, the Justice League ride at Magic Mountain is vastly superior to Web Slingers in every way imaginable, it even has animatronics and lots of practical effects. Web Slingers is an insult to both the MCU and paying guests, especially when one considers how much people have to pay to get in the park currently.

IMDREW

So.. will this be the same E-ticket as being build in Hong Kong? Or will that one be the "original" Quinjet concept, that canceled Avengers roller coaster, the rumoured Tower of Terror ride system or a copy of the lacklustre Spidey Mania? Will Paris get one of these? Or is the Iron Man roller coaster considered the big ride there?

Mac Tonight

Personally, I'm not mourning the loss of the alleged Avengers E-ticket. I didn't think I would be able to hang with the motion simulation stuff.

If GOTG:CR is a hit for Epcot, I expect we'll see a re-themed iteration of that down the line.

lazyboy97o

Personally, I'm not mourning the loss of the alleged Avengers E-ticket. I didn't think I would be able to hang with the motion simulation stuff.

If GOTG:CR is a hit for Epcot, I expect we'll see a re-themed iteration of that down the line.
I don’t understand why people want a big metal box nearly as tall as the Tower. That would be awful for the park’s sight lines.

Mac Tonight

I don’t understand why people want a big metal box nearly as tall as the Tower. That would be awful for the park’s sight lines.
Since when does Disney suddenly care about sightlines?? Have you seen the disaster that is Harmonious? I know you have.

Besides, as a wise traveling salesman once said, "its not what is on the outside, but what is inside that counts."

mickEblu

Would it be impossible for them to care suddenly and build a proper facade?

With that said, the Avengers E ticket was also going to be a big blue box so I’d rather go with the blue box with the coaster in it.

Mac Tonight

Or the Carthay Circle Theater, perhaps?
If they're not complaining about GOTG clashing with Carthay now, I doubt a building will tip anyone over the edge. I guess I don't understand the implication that the facade (or at least part of it) couldn't or wouldn't be somewhat "themed".

Moreover, I'm not even suggesting I want a Cosmic Rewind clone, but, if the previous FOP-esque attraction is getting axed, I wouldn't put it past Chapek to try and bring it out west.

lazyboy97o

Would it be impossible for them to care suddenly and build a proper facade?

With that said, the Avengers E ticket was also going to be a big blue box so I’d rather go with the blue box with the coaster in it.
The current box is insulated metal panels which are not capable of holding any sort of meaningful theming. The entire side of the building would have to be changed in its design and engineering, which would be a significant expense.

I don’t think people appreciate the size of the Cosmic Rewind box. It is absolutely huge. It’s 130’ tall whereas Flight of Passage fits inside a building that is about half as tall. Avengers is a big blue box, Cosmic Rewind is a ginormous box.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The current box is insulated metal panels which are not capable of holding any sort of meaningful theming. The entire side of the building would have to be changed in its design and engineering, which would be a significant expense.

I don’t think people appreciate the size of the Cosmic Rewind box. It is absolutely huge. It’s 130’ tall whereas Flight of Passage fits inside a building that is about half as tall. Avengers is a big blue box, Cosmic Rewind is a ginormous box.
They could always hide it with a bigger box over it. One that they could put giant movie posters on!

mickEblu

Ahhh copy that. Why could the old imagineers build a Space Mountain facade but now they are ok with these big blue boxes? If it’s too expensive to theme these huge warehouses why can’t they design them to be smaller? Or do what they did with Indiana Jones at least.

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

They could always hide it with a bigger box over it. One that they could put giant movie posters on!
1624594937175.png

:D Sorry, it's all I could think of when you said it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom