Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

PostScott

In the concept art and if I'm mistaken they talked about it as well that you would load all together and then each vehicle or seats would separate from each other.
Honestly, I've been kinda thinking about how they could do that. Of course it would be a simulator but more of an individual simulator. For one, the experience would hopefully be a bit different for each seat. Secondly, I can really only see them using the Kuka Arm and screen technology that Forbidden Journey utilized. It would break off easily into it's own little "screen pod" and then reconnect sometime near the end.

Not sure how they would do it but I'd rather see Cosmic Rewind (even though it wouldn't fit) in AC and (if they introduced Norman Osborn earlier in the MCU) TOT become an Oscorp building with Spiderman. Could have the Sinister Six (or all the alive Spiderman villains from the previous movies) attacking the elevator and Spiderman desperate trying to catch the car or something idk. Either that or a Doctor Strange drop tower attraction.

Suspirian

It’s not supposed to match the rest of the land. It’s supposed to look like someone who’s not really welcome has inserted his building - WHAM! - amongst the rest of the campus. It’s the villain in the background of a movie poster looming ominously behind the heroes.

It’s also supposed to be earth-toned so that it is not super distracting while riding Radiator Springs Racers
I don't remember them saying that was their intention but either way its not effective lol. I'd rather the color just be as outlandish as possible but still attractive to look at. The current colors are so garish together imo. The lighting at night makes it so much better looking bc it washes the actual color out. Funny enough I almost wish the lighting is the way it was painted. I wouldnt mind a purple tower haha.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.44 PM.png

D.Silentu

The night lighting certainly looks a lot better than it does during the day. However, I believe you have found a picture of the lighting for California Adventure's Halloween party. Here is the standard lighting:

1623308070435.png
I feel both lighting schemes are superior to its daylight appearance.

Last edited:

J4546

just got back from ca/dl. Everything went smoothly except did not get on RotR (womp womp). Started in Dl, hit up Indiana, Pirates, Pooh, Splash and Big Thunder before lunch. Lines were long because social distancing, but wait times were only about 30-45 mins. Im def glad I went before they up the capacity. Anyways, got a spiderman ticket at noon, and went over to Avengers campus when our boarding group was up, around 6:30. I thought the land was great, esp at night. We saw spiderman on our way into the land and he was taking pics with people in front of his ride. Went on Web Slingers, I thought it was really fun. The que was cool and theres a tree behind the bathrooms in the que line thats full of birds haha. The 3d graphics looked so clear on the ride and me an my gf had a blast. The way it tracks your hands/webs is really on point and cool, and theres a lot to shoot/grab and unlock on each scene, I def want to ride it again. I got a score of like 240,000 and thought I was doing well, then saw other high scores from the day....I got a long ways to go lol. I dont know about the tunnel traveling immersion problems some have stated, maybe we were just on the right side because it all seemed to flow well to us. Also with the pre show, I dont know how they do those 3d screens but the pre show scene looks like Tom Holland is really there talking to ya. And this is done without 3d glasses... well done. Also its about 3ish minutes long, which is plenty for all the web throwing motions youre doing, its frantic and our arms were tired by the end.

Oh and the updated Snow White was great. The mine scene looks fantastic. I dont really remember what it was before though so I cant be sorry about things that used to be, just what it is now.

Also I rode soaring on the front/top row for the first time ever, so much better up high imo.

Indiana, Pirates, Pooh, Splash, Big Thunder, Snow White, Peter Pan, Mr Toad, Incredicoaster, Mermaid, Soarin, Monsters, Web Slingers, and ended on Haunted Mansion right at 9. Twas a great day!

Cliffs: Webslingers was better than I thought it would be and I cant wait to ride it again

Last edited:

corran horn

This is actually awesome. Now imagine how it would be more awesome if Mando and Grogu were appearing in Galaxy's Edge.
Well, the helmet is there.

Is there enough real estate within the Avengers HQ building for it to be anything other than a simulator/FoP-type ride? Doesn't seem so.

Jones14

Well, the helmet is there.

Is there enough real estate within the Avengers HQ building for it to be anything other than a simulator/FoP-type ride? Doesn't seem so.
The building that’s there today wouldn’t contain the ride, it would merely be the entrance/exit. There’s a sizeable plot of land behind the Quinjet that the show building for a ride would go.

corran horn

The building that’s there today wouldn’t contain the ride, it would merely be the entrance/exit. There’s a sizeable plot of land behind the Quinjet that the show building for a ride would go.
Yeah, from the air it seems there's a big chunk between MBO and the parking back there I guess.

Sharon&Susan

Never heard if there's still an entrance from the Cars Land side like with Bug's Land, is there? I assume if there is it's not being used right now?

mickEblu

Never heard if there's still an entrance from the Cars Land side like with Bug's Land, is there? I assume if there is it's not being used right now?

Its there. I just don’t think it’s being used right now. Unfortunately the path leading up to that entrance is not as long nor as charming as before.

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

I've got a question for everyone do we know from any insiders or rumors what the avengers e ticket was going to be? I know it was supposed to be the avengers fighting some bad guy in wakanda. Is the ride still going to happen?

TragicMike

Just came back from back to back trips to Disneyland and DCA. A lot that I loved and didn’t love but I was happy to be back.

I went in with super low expectations (I was NOT going to wait in line to enter AC if I didn’t get the WEB boarding pass) but I surpassingly had a lot of fun. As everyone else has mentioned this land is primarily character driven which was a nice change of pace compared to GE. In the 1.5 hours I was there I saw Spider-Man (the stunt robot was incredible and got a huge reaction out of the crowd), Ironman, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Star Lord, Gamora, Doctor Strange and Black Widow so there was a LOT of character activity. I’m not even a huge MCU fan, but it was hard not to have a huge smile on my face entering the land with the Avengers music blasting throughout.

WEB Slingers is a cute ride. Spider-Man is my all-time favorite superhero and I would’ve preferred a dark ride if it had to serve the function as the young children ride but it was fun. It IS a short ride but your arms are in such constant motion it’s probably better that it isn’t longer because you definitely get a workout. “Fun” is probably the best way to describe the ride and based off my anecdotal experience the children loved it. I saw a bunch of Spider-Bots in the crowd so I’m sure Disney is patting itself on the back for this commercial home run. I’m sure once the Avengers E-Ticket gets built WEB Slingers will be looked at more fondly because it carries the burden of being the anchor of the land right now.

I wasn’t able to eat at the PYM restaurant but I got some cocktails (Honey Buzz) and they were actually pretty good. The food also looked good so I’m excited to eat there next time.

I know there seems to be a lot of pessimism or worry that the Avengers E-Ticket won’t get built but I think Disney realizes that Marvel is their premier money-making IP now that the Star Wars sequels left a bad taste in people’s mouths so I’m hoping they dedicate future budgets to expanding AC. Also, aside from Monsters Inc., the back pocket of Hollywood Land was all Marvel (they had Captain Falcon and WandaVision photo ops and the Studio store was all AC Merch) so I’m curious if/when that land gets swallowed by AC.

Disney Analyst

Just came back from back to back trips to Disneyland and DCA. A lot that I loved and didn’t love but I was happy to be back.

I went in with super low expectations (I was NOT going to wait in line to enter AC if I didn’t get the WEB boarding pass) but I surpassingly had a lot of fun. As everyone else has mentioned this land is primarily character driven which was a nice change of pace compared to GE. In the 1.5 hours I was there I saw Spider-Man (the stunt robot was incredible and got a huge reaction out of the crowd), Ironman, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Star Lord, Gamora, Doctor Strange and Black Widow so there was a LOT of character activity. I’m not even a huge MCU fan, but it was hard not to have a huge smile on my face entering the land with the Avengers music blasting throughout.

WEB Slingers is a cute ride. Spider-Man is my all-time favorite superhero and I would’ve preferred a dark ride if it had to serve the function as the young children ride but it was fun. It IS a short ride but your arms are in such constant motion it’s probably better that it isn’t longer because you definitely get a workout. “Fun” is probably the best way to describe the ride and based off my anecdotal experience the children loved it. I saw a bunch of Spider-Bots in the crowd so I’m sure Disney is patting itself on the back for this commercial home run. I’m sure once the Avengers E-Ticket gets built WEB Slingers will be looked at more fondly because it carries the burden of being the anchor of the land right now.

I wasn’t able to eat at the PYM restaurant but I got some cocktails (Honey Buzz) and they were actually pretty good. The food also looked good so I’m excited to eat there next time.

I know there seems to be a lot of pessimism or worry that the Avengers E-Ticket won’t get built but I think Disney realizes that Marvel is their premier money-making IP now that the Star Wars sequels left a bad taste in people’s mouths so I’m hoping they dedicate future budgets to expanding AC. Also, aside from Monsters Inc., the back pocket of Hollywood Land was all Marvel (they had Captain Falcon and WandaVision photo ops and the Studio store was all AC Merch) so I’m curious if/when that land gets swallowed by AC.

Thanks for sharing your experience! It reminds us all that sometimes you can go and have fun, despite the critical reception among the boards.

I too think the big anchor attraction will be built, at some point. And I agree that Spider-Man will be looked at more fondly when that happens.

mickEblu

I've just published a video essay breaking down Avengers Campus and W.E.B. Slingers if anyone is interested. I go into detail regarding what this means for the future of Disney attractions, and compare it to the design of Marvel Super Hero Island at Islands of Adventure.

I’m only 1:49 into the video but paused it to say you’re spot on when you say Chapeks signature land. I mentioned this in one my posts after AC opened. It’s the first new land under Chapek and it shows. We all knew what was coming after Pixar Pier

Overall great video! The only thing I disagree with is that GOTG:MB was an improvement upon TOT.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom