Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

VJ

Wait a second — are you guys suggesting that DCA’s ToT was high quality? It was the cheap version of the ride, which was absolutely put to shame by every other ToT out there. Why so many of you are so attached to the ride is beyond me. It was objectively the worst ToT.
nostalgia goggles, you'll see that a lot on this forum

Stevek

The only improvement is that the ride profile varies... and it was rumored that would be updated, like DHS and WDS, even before the whole Guardians nonsense. Grrr...
I love both versions for different reasons. My wife's favorite ride was ToT...now it's GOTG: MB.

Stevek

Wait a second — are you guys suggesting that DCA’s ToT was high quality? It was the cheap version of the ride, which was absolutely put to shame by every other ToT out there. Why so many of you are so attached to the ride is beyond me. It was objectively the worst ToT.
It's really only put to shame by WDWs version. I believe Paris is exactly the same and Tokyo is basically the same but just a different theme.

Figments Friend

a bug’s land looked more impressive than Avengers Campus, based on photos alone.

Agree.

'A Bug's Land' was at least an attempt to be a playful, creative area designed to look like you had shrunken down to the size of a insect.
And it did not look like a couple of 'real world' office buildings attached to a mini mall...in a concrete parking lot.
No creativity needed to create that kind of environment.

Yeah, not really seeing what is all so exciting about this 'Avengers Campus' .....

-

Figments Friend

This has sort of been the theme of the last few years.

Honestly, a day at Disneyland is confusing and convoluted if you haven't been a few times. And these new virtual queues, mobile order, boarding groups, dining packages that give preferred viewing for shows, reservations to enter individual lands, etc only make it more confusing.

I think Disneyland's gotten too big- to the point where Disney thinks that the visitors need to be grateful to be there, as opposed to being grateful they actually have visitors. You'd think this last year would have changed that mentality but seeing the handling of Avengers Campus isn't giving me hope.

Everything you described above is just like how things have been over the past couple of years at Walt Disney World on the 'other' coast.
The problem is that Disneyland is sadly being manipulated to be more in line with TDO's operating style - reserve everything months in advance.

This is why Disneyland , for me, was the FAR superior Guest Experience.
You DID NOT have to do all of that insane 'reserve rides, meals, etc, months in advance' nonsense that Walt Disney World has been forcing it's Guests to do for years now.
That is the real issue here....and i don't like it.
These two properties are two different animals, and should not be 'streamlined' into the awful system WDW has in place.
Just NO....

Disneyland is 'special'.
It was great to visit and just ENJOY the Park, without the crazy 'overplanning' being forced upon you.
It was truly wonderful to be able to walk in through the gates at Disneyland Park and just then and there decide on a whim what to do or ride, and walk over and just DO IT.
Wanna ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad? Just walk over there and do it.
Wanna ride Space Mountain? Let's grab a in-Park, paper FastPass and come back in a hour.
Now that seems to be swiftly being ushered away, which is a shame.

Some of us do not live on a smart phone 24/7.
Or even own one ( raises hand ).
It should not be a assumed by Disney that everyone has one....or that those that do want to be glued to it all day just to visit a theme park.
That is not a 'vacation'....or 'a relaxing day at the park'.....
That is a scheduled list of activities at the office.

-

-

D.Silentu

a bug’s land looked more impressive than Avengers Campus, based on photos alone.
I agree, but will say that pictures of A Bugs Land do it more favors than experiencing the place in person.
You are forgetting that it opened with a show.
Beg your pardon, but It's Tough To Be A Bug was an opening day attraction at California Adventure.

Last edited:

No Name

It's really only put to shame by WDWs version. I believe Paris is exactly the same and Tokyo is basically the same but just a different theme.
It used to be a clone of DCA’s but they recently made some changes. It’s still Twilight Zone themed but Rod Serling’s narration is gone and there’s some creepy little girl instead. Haven’t been on it in person but it seems pretty good.
on the 'other' coast
I don’t get it, is it not the other coast?

D.Silentu

Perhaps, but it cannot be overstated how the ride changed California Adventure. It was the first time since the park's debut that something you might call a Disney ride was installed. Contrasted with the effort previously shown in the park it was a breath of fresh air. I believe this is why it is remembered so fondly.

Californian Elitist

Agree.

'A Bug's Land' was at least an attempt to be a playful, creative area designed to look like you had shrunken down to the size of a insect.
And it did not look like a couple of 'real world' office buildings attached to a mini mall...in a concrete parking lot.
No creativity needed to create that kind of environment.

Yeah, not really seeing what is all so exciting about this 'Avengers Campus' .....

-
The light posts look exactly like the ones heading up to the parking lot of the community college I attended years ago.

I will of course wait until I experience it in person, but yeah, the land as a whole is not giving too much creativity so far, which is sad because Marvel is a giant of a franchise with so much room for creativity and pleasing aesthetics.

D.Silentu

I have a few friends who enjoyed it as well, but I've suspected it was because they all had children. For me it was little more than a nicely themed thoroughfare. May I ask how you spent your time there?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

If visiting theme parks has taught me anything it is that when something goes terribly wrong new recruits/visitors can defeat even the toughest of baddies.
By doing nothing. Literally. The recruits do diddly squat on RISE except sit there and at the end get a "Good job, recruits!". The outcome would be the same. We didn't even get to where Leia was waiting for us. Which was why we were recruiyed. She needed us.Its wheel spinning the ride. We end up bsck where we stary off from. We didn't accomplish the initial mission to get to Leia and at the end we just stay on Batuu. Pointless.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I have a few friends who enjoyed it as well, but I've suspected it was because they all had children. For me it was little more than a nicely themed thoroughfare. May I ask how you spent your time there?
My friends and I would do all the rides, except Buggies. Our favorite was Ladybug Boogie. a bug’s land was also great for shade and just relaxing in general. It was one of my favorite areas of DCA and I was genuinely bummed when they announced it was going to be demolished.

I’m also childless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom