• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

J4546

i quickly drew this up in ms paint, what the hollywood land expansion could be. Think of it as CA version of fantasyland filled with darkrides that are all in old theater facades. Sunset BLVD is now Broadway and the streets are lined with 1930s cityscape aesthetics and facade work with neon ornate theater marquees where the entrances to rides are. This quick picture also has the hyperion theater moved south a bit to make a new road and place for train maintenence building behind trolley station facade. I fit 6 smaller dark rides from old school fantasy land sized to pooh/mermaid sized and 1 major e ticket about the size of indiana jones building. Again, the entire area is themed like 1930 broadway blvd with beautiful neon theater signs. Small food option with outdoor seating as seen by green area. imagine adding 7 rides to CA in one major expansion haha.

Attachments

• hollywoodland1.jpg
    hollywoodland1.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 101

J4546

heres a close up of hyperion relocation. yellow boxes indicate tunnel entrances that take you under theater exit zone into backstage, no need to ever close the streets. Theater exit loading zone marked by green is mildy themed with remains of stark industries building that once stood before collectors ship showed up and vaporized it. also give the edge of hyperion closest to GotG and burnt look as well to reinforce disturbance made by collector. entance to new theater on corner marked by yellow circle

New roundabout with fountain

trolley maintenance building is hidden behind trolley station facade and new train tracks directly to hollywoodland. no more tracks in avengers campus.

then of course new dark ride buildings all themed like ornate old broadway blvd theater like i mentioned in earlier post...

Attachments

• hlclose1.jpg
    hlclose1.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 49

AL2000HS

I just hope this won't be like Galaxy's Edge again where a ride (Hagrids) overshadowed an entire land (pre-ROTR). This definitely needs more hype. Posting pictures of the land ain't enough. At least post teasers on the spidey struntronic robot or the activities in the land. All I see aside from the spidey ride and Pym Test Kitchen are a bunch of instagrammable areas.
We are still a month away so there could be some coming up. Or they might do the lazy way and let guests who preview it take pics and such and do the pr for them.

waltography

Not the point of the article, but I didn't realize PYM Test Kitchen was sponsored by Impossible! That's very cool.

The costumes for the most part look nice. Not completely sold on the WEB ones though - they look more like clothing you'd find at the land gift shop - but it does fit the vibrant kinda look of the attraction.

Markiewong

My expectations for Avenger's Campus are not too high to be honest. I'm just expecting a nice mini-land that mainly serves as a home for all the character meet' n greets that have taken over the Hollywood Backlot, and with a fairly good Spider-Man ride tacked on for good measure.
If the Avengers mega e-ticket actually gets built, Avenger Campus would be the first "new" land Disney has created which has more than two attractions instead of an E-ticket, D-ticket and 10 giftshops.. And not just three attractions, but two of them are e-tickets aswell. I can see Avengers Campus become quite popular. A flight of passage clone/evolution, droptower and shooter attraction? Those are some of the most popular attractions in a themepark.

mickEblu

If the Avengers mega e-ticket actually gets built, Avenger Campus would be the first "new" land Disney has created which has more than two attractions instead of an E-ticket, D-ticket and 10 giftshops.. And not just three attractions, but two of them are e-tickets aswell. I can see Avengers Campus become quite popular. A flight of passage clone/evolution, droptower and shooter attraction? Those are some of the most popular attractions in a themepark.

Hmmm. Kind of a gray area on that first E ticket though since they didn’t actually build it and it was part of another land.

Markiewong

Hmmm. Kind of a gray area on that first E ticket though since they didn’t actually build it and it was part of another land.
Its a retheme, even if you count it as 2.5 attractions its more than most new IP based lands do nowadays.

Its even worse for Paris where we get a retheme of Rock and Rollercoaster and Web Slingers as the first new attraction in 8 years 😂.

I consider GotG part of Avengers Campus, but I could see why some people consider it iffy to that land.
Pretty sure GotG is considered part of Avenger Campus. The future e-ticket should be located next to it.

egg

If I knew little about theme parks and wandered into DCA for the very first time in 2027 (which will be the case for some people), I’d hopefully think “hey this land has three solid rides!” But the reality is that it only has one new ride, one ride that was siphoned off from another land, and one ride that may not happen for a while, if at all. I’d have to put myself in a very distant pair of shoes to be impressed by that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom