Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

IMDREW

I would kill for a Buena Vista street entrance in WDS. Absolutely love it. One thing Pixar Pier did right for me was that little Pixar band/orchestra. I could sit there for hours listening to them. Heartbroken when they were canceled.

PiratesMansion

I'll start by saying I'm not a huge Mary Blair fan. I was very happy when the mural in TL took on a new look as her art style doesn't resonate with me. As for the attraction, I enjoy the concept, but it just feels so long and repetitive for me. Pirates has different moods and scenic design between the bayou, the caverns, the ship battle, the town, the town ablaze, the collapsing structures/bowels of the city, etc.

I know its apples and oranges, but one long E-ticket boat attraction to another, it just feels like I've seen IASW after the first room. I do like moments, like the rain forest/jungle because the animatronics and setting is more than dolls on ledges, but as a whole, I find the attraction too one note/emotion for far too long. Its a similar problem I have with Buzz Lightyear, the majority of the ride is the same tone/feel.

Of the Disney E-tickets, it is my least favourite by far. I don't hate the ride, but I don't love it. Considering it is almost as big as Indiana Jones Adventure and Pirates, I don't think we're getting our full value of the real estate.
Fair enough. It's not one of my top ten attractions, but I do think it's one of those foundational things that makes a castle park a castle park for me. It's still weird to me that Shanghai just doesn't have one.

Incidentally, have you had the opportunity to experience the shortened versions of IASW that improve on elements of the attraction (i.e. WDW or any of the internationals), by greatly lessening the amount of time you have to listen to the songs in English, have the flooded showroom setup, and having a more standardized setup?

I still kind of prefer DL's but I can see an argument for the other versions too.

CaptinEO

When dissected, I find appreciation for the attraction becomes a little more obvious, at least in my eyes. It is the only theme park attraction to advocate for world peace, something, which is very much unique to DLR. It saddens me to see some IASW slander on this thread tonight, but oh well... after all, everyone has an opinion, and at the end of the day I can respect that. I just wish more people appreciated it for what it is, even if it seems cheesy to them.
Huh? How is it unique to DLR? The same ride is at nearly every single Disney park in the world.

Emmanuel

Okay, so when?

7/17/21?

I'd say the holidays. Barring any potential setbacks with COVID, Its likely that most of the Covid restrictions in the state would be relaxed by then and likely the Tier thing will be gone before then. We'll likely see the theme parks having more capacity back by the holidays too.

mickEblu

IMO IASW is one of the major components that make Disneyland Disneyland. It’s not about the ride experience. It’s the innocence, what the song and attraction represent and the iconic facade and song. I’d put it in the Top 5 important things at DL for sure. Right up there with the Castle, Main Street/ Train, POTC/ HM and the Matterhorn.

Now I do think it could use some major love.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

giphy (1)-1.gif

mickEblu

Some new images on the Micechat update this week.

So did we know that their is an outdoor portion on the Spider-Man ride? I remember seeing some concept art where the ride vehicle appears to be outside but somebody said it was going to be simulated to be outside. The picture below is supposed to be showing the outdoor track of the attraction. If true, that would be a breath of fresh air and add some nice kinetic energy to the land.

CD1865E8-AEB9-444E-8C60-574A07555EB2.jpeg

Here is what the facade looks like from Mater’s.

7153A04E-C846-449C-9C8F-4EBBF3A5C09C.jpeg

As everything else WDI has done lately, it looks better at night. I guess lighting packages are easier to pull off then good design, color choices and creativity.

A2ED37F9-3D36-44E5-BB60-66D8200F0A10.jpeg

britain

So did we know that their is an outdoor portion on the Spider-Man ride? I remember seeing some concept art where the ride vehicle appears to be outside but somebody said it was going to be simulated to be outside. The picture below is supposed to be showing the outdoor track of the attraction. If true, that would be a breath of fresh air and add some nice kinetic energy to the land.

View attachment 541881

View attachment 541882

As everything else WDI has done lately, it looks better at night. I guess lighting packages are easier to pull off then good design, color choices and creativity.

View attachment 541883

Sorry no. That balcony is for the stunt show. No outdoor portion.

Disney Analyst

View attachment 541881

View attachment 541882

View attachment 541883

I just read the article, outdoor section of track? I think they must be confused... That portion above is where the stunt-tronic flies into the air, but I do not believe any ride vehicles will be on the roof. I'm perplexed by where they got that idea from?

mickEblu

Sorry no. That balcony is for the stunt show. No outdoor portion.

Ya I was afraid of that. Andy Castro/ Micechat mentioned it as if he was 100% sure. Odd though that we do have that concept art that shows the ride vehicle outside with the GOTG:MB outside at the same angle it would be if that was indeed an outdoor section of the ride.

mickEblu

I just read the article, outdoor section of track? I think they must be confused... That portion above is where the stunt-tronic flies into the air, but I do not believe any ride vehicles will be on the roof. I'm perplexed by where they got that idea from?

Yeah. Unfortunately you are probably right. And also how would it get up there? We haven’t heard anything about a second level nor did we see one in the ride layout. I’d settle for an empty ride vehicle going around in a loop up there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom