Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Peter Pan's flight is too complicated? Forget dark rides, Disney needs to make a suspended roller coaster similar to Ninja at Magic Mountain and theme it to something similar to Thunder Mountain or Matterhorn. There is a ride I want.

BayouShack

MACK makes a pretty good suspended ride. The trains also are able to spin to face different show scenes. check out the Arthur ride and the How to Train your Dragon rides if you haven’t already

lazyboy97o

MACK makes a pretty good suspended ride. The trains also are able to spin to face different show scenes. check out the Arthur ride and the How to Train your Dragon rides if you haven’t already
It’s very cool and also very expensive, even for a Mack Ride. What became Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure was originally conceived of as a Mack Inverted Powered Coaster. Universal Studios Beijing will be getting one in Jurassic World.

BayouShack

It’s very cool and also very expensive, even for a Mack Ride. What became Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure was originally conceived of as a Mack Inverted Powered Coaster. Universal Studios Beijing will be getting one in Jurassic World.

Didn’t know that about Hagrids! The pricing makes sense. Lots of moving parts.. not to mention those supports have a ton(s) of weight on them.

truecoat

I also just wanna say I object to these claims that my generation feels the need to be assured we are important and essential to society. Most people my age know we are expendable and nobody cares about us, just look at interviewing for jobs: we know we're competing with 100s of others just like us for a position they just want to hire to do as much work as possible while paying the least amount of money possible because we're nothing more than another worker bee in society's point of view.

Ahem- sorry, my pessimistic side is showing...

Yeah, the focus shouldn't be on the everyone got a trophy generation. It should be on the they gave everyone a trophy generation. The kids that got those trophies threw them in the trash.

britain

I wish that was used for a Mandalorian speederbike coaster. Or maybe a rocket pack one like what just opened at Phantasialand.

George Lucas on a Bench

I'm not exactly taking issue with the today's audiences, but rather Disney. It's not like most people these days go on the old school rides and are disappointed they're not "participating" and the insistence that we're All Important Recruits and need to be personally greeted and "Involved" has gotten stale. They've been doing it for decades now. I'm tired of rides where a guy is barking orders at you, whether it's Gary Sinise, Hondo or all these people appearing on TV screens. Universal does it a lot too ever since the early 90s. It didn't make any sense then either. Why is Doc Brown blabbing for us to do things when he's the one remote controlling the car?

I'd like to see more rides with ambiance and not "Listen, recruits, we've got to get the Allspark back to The Resistance! Press the flashing button now! Great work, Pilot! Gunner! We're depending on you! Yes! You won the race!"

smooch

I'm not exactly taking issue with the today's audiences, but rather Disney. It's not like most people these days go on the old school rides and are disappointed they're not "participating" and the insistence that we're All Important Recruits and need to be personally greeted and "Involved" has gotten stale. They've been doing it for decades now. I'm tired of rides where a guy is barking orders at you, whether it's Gary Sinise, Hondo or all these people appearing on TV screens. Universal does it a lot too ever since the early 90s. It didn't make any sense then either. Why is Doc Brown blabbing for us to do things when he's the one remote controlling the car?

I'd like to see more rides with ambiance and not "Listen, recruits, we've got to get the Allspark back to The Resistance! Press the flashing button now! Great work, Pilot! Gunner! We're depending on you! Yes! You won the race!"
I definitely do prefer rides with ambiance to barking orders, but again I don't think it's the generation's fault for the way Imagineers design rides now. I will say, when thinking of all these examples one of the few rides it happens on that I can largely ignore is RSR because as long as you're not in the "driver seat" you can just pretend they're barking orders about turning around the banks and such to the driver and you're just a passenger. Unless my brain is just making stuff up and Doc Hudson doesn't tell you to bank around corners and stuff, if someone could confirm? And also in Star Tours I like the transmissions because they are coming in for the pilot, C3P0 and we just hear their communications. And I haven't ridden RotR or seen any videos of it so I don't know about the First Order CMs specifically but I think that is at least a fun and interesting concept, I know some people here think it is dumb to have a CM barking orders at guests but I think it is a cool way to add immersion rather than just having a random GE CM on the ship with you.

waltography

I definitely do prefer rides with ambiance to barking orders, but again I don't think it's the generation's fault for the way Imagineers design rides now. I will say, when thinking of all these examples one of the few rides it happens on that I can largely ignore is RSR because as long as you're not in the "driver seat" you can just pretend they're barking orders about turning around the banks and such to the driver and you're just a passenger. Unless my brain is just making stuff up and Doc Hudson doesn't tell you to bank around corners and stuff, if someone could confirm? And also in Star Tours I like the transmissions because they are coming in for the pilot, C3P0 and we just hear their communications. And I haven't ridden RotR or seen any videos of it so I don't know about the First Order CMs specifically but I think that is at least a fun and interesting concept, I know some people here think it is dumb to have a CM barking orders at guests but I think it is a cool way to add immersion rather than just having a random GE CM on the ship with you.
You're right about RSR; Doc coaches you during the race, but to be quite honest the revving engine noises that get pumped into the car get so loud that I don't even tune into what he says during the banked turns, and I only start recognizing him again at the end when he says we've won or lost. 😅

I think RotR is a healthy mix of participating and experiencing - most of the participating comes in the preshows and CM interactions (who I've always had great & fun interactions with, but mileage varies), but by the time we're seated on those trackless vehicles we're just along for the ride.

Animaniac93-98

Mice Chat posted new aerial photos of the construction. Looks to be done now. Even pavement and planters with trees are in place.

A wall with some trees in front is what stands in for the future E ticket entrance (if it gets built).

mickEblu

I wonder if Disney will scrap the new E ticket and just build a copy of WDSP's "Rock 'N Roller Coaster Starring IRON MAN"?

Although not ideal and not as ambitious as whatever they were going for with Avengers, I have no doubt what you just described would be more fun and repeatable. It would probably be starring all the Avengers though.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom