Avengers Campus: Food, Entertainment, M&G, Environment Updates

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Just curious, but assuming that Avatar experience is DCA bound and is a full fledged land, do you think Disney is short sighted by not putting Avatar in the Simba lot and then using Hollywoodland for a Marvel expansion assuming the MCU gets back on track? Or did they never really have any plans to expand AC beyond the Multiverse E ticket?
It was never really known, beyond unverified rumors, that Avengers Campus was really ever planned to be expanded into Hollywoodland. And even if it was, plans and priorities change. They still have the pad behind MB/Avengers HQ, which even if a different ride than the Avengers ride, would give them 3 for the land. That is more than most modern lands get today.

So personally I think its fine if the use HWL for something else including Avatar.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

It was never really known, beyond unverified rumors, that Avengers Campus was really ever planned to be expanded into Hollywoodland. And even if it was, plans and priorities change. They still have the pad behind MB/Avengers HQ, which even if a different ride than the Avengers ride, would give them 3 for the land. That is more than most modern lands get today.

So personally I think its fine if the use HWL for something else including Avatar.
Plus the Avengers Campus out in Paris and the Stark Expo out in HK have no room to expand beyond their current three attractions. So why would they expand the DCA one while the others can't

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Plus the Avengers Campus out in Paris and the Stark Expo out in HK have no room to expand beyond their current three attractions. So why would they expand the DCA one while the others can't
I don't see how that would have any impact, they haven't been trying to make each land match exactly. So the number of attractions in each different parks Marvel area is not relevant to this discussion in my opinion.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I don't see how that would have any impact, they haven't been trying to make each land match exactly. So the number of attractions in each different parks Marvel area is not relevant to this discussion in my opinion.
Plus considering the size of Pandora at AK, putting it in the Simba lot would eat up most if not all of DCA's DL Forward plot. I'd rather Avatar go in HL and see the Simba lot be used for several lands or mini lands the size of Avengers Campus.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Plus considering the size of Pandora at AK, putting it in the Simba lot would eat up most if not all of DCA's DL Forward plot. I'd rather Avatar go in HL and see the Simba lot be used for several lands or mini lands the size of Avengers Campus.
Honestly lets keep the focus of the thread to Avengers Campus. Avatar/Pandora and its placement in the DLR has its own separate thread.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Ah got it. I thought it may have been a Loki time where he was not the all knowing version (if I understand the finale at all, which I maybe don't).
The characters are always excited to talk about whatever new events we (guests) have heard about or that impact Campus - such as the presence of new heroes. :) So as soon as the public saw the season 2 finale, the characters could speak to those events. So I talked to Loki about his responsibilities now on a grander scale and to O.B. about how things are at the TVA "after".

Since I haven't seen "The Marvels" yet, one or two of Monica and Kamala's references went over my head, but I know who they are as characters and saw their D+ adventures, so I still had fun interacting with them even if I'm not totally up to date on where they're at in the universe!

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Noooo the MCU is doing fine! Disney should absolutely spend more money adding Marvel to the theme parks! Avenger's Campus was not a mistake!
At this point Disney should head Feige's advice and soft reboot the MCU post Secret Wars. Focus on a younger generation of Avengers and restructure the whole MCU to make it not as heavily connected to the point where it's a pain to catch up if you happen to tune out post Endgame and want to catch up for Secret Wars.

truecoat

MarvelCharacterNerd

Has Echo shown up? I'd imagine she'd be hard to cast.

I would love to see Fisk walk through.
Sadly there is no Echo representation at all. :( I'm guessing D+ didn't give any budget for it as everything else has been represented since Campus opened.

For reference - Monica & Kamala are still there, so Studios IS giving them promotion budget!

I figured we wouldn't get Echo herself, was hoping for Kingpin, but would've settled for them just extending the Tracksuit Mafia an extra week after the holidays! Heck, I'd've taken a prop/costume display (though the Superstore was the one with the space to host those). Or an old school photo backdrop in the Hollywood Backlot. Nope. :(

Disappointing. It's the first time they've dropped the ball. Even She-Hulk got benches.

That said, again, I'm guessing it's not lack of desire, but budget. No money, no promo.

Parteecia

And now I'm obsessed with seeing Chapek as Fisk.
I'll have to settle for this. Love the bandaged eye!
echo_2_0.png

Indy_UK

Is Pyms quick service any good?

We did the buffet dinner in Paris and it was decent. First trip to West coast this year and fancy trying the QS out

the_rich

Is Pyms quick service any good?

We did the buffet dinner in Paris and it was decent. First trip to West coast this year and fancy trying the QS out
I enjoyed it. I've had the massive pretzel, the pasta with impossible meatballs, Caesar salad, the PB*j sandwich, pymini sandwich and the not so little chicken sandwich.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom