Avengers Campus: Food, Entertainment, M&G, Environment Updates

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This is the real measurement: https://deadline.com/2023/11/the-marvels-box-office-opening-projection-1235595720/

The Marvels is tracking to be the lowest grossing MCU movie of all time. Lower than The Eternals and Black Widow. The general consensus is that it feels like a movie that was strung together with reshoots, and is like a season finale to a show that never existed.

With a production and marketing budget of somewhere near $350 million, it will need to make $700 million just to break even. If the tracking holds and this movie only makes $400 million globally, they will have lost $300 million on this and potentially would have lost less if they never marketed or released the film at all.
I don't know how much it'll make when it ends it theatrical run, but that isn't the thread for this.

D.Silentu

I saw a theatrical trailer for The Marvels and was absolutely flabbergasted as I realized that 2/3 of the preview was a recapping of each character’s backstory with media pulled from their previous projects, rather than the upcoming movie. Seems pretty clear that they have very little faith in this one. Of course, the good news for the campus is that they already have premade costumes for all three of the characters. I imagine they’ll come and go fairly quickly.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I saw a theatrical trailer for The Marvels and was absolutely flabbergasted as I realized that 2/3 of the preview was a recapping of each character’s backstory with media pulled from their previous projects, rather than the upcoming movie. Seems pretty clear that they have very little faith in this one. Of course, the good news for the campus is that they already have premade costumes for all three of the characters. I imagine they’ll come and go fairly quickly.
Monica/Photon has not appeared in the park. However, Captain Marvel is a regular and Ms. Marvel appeared while her show was streaming.

I am hoping for all three together once the movie comes out. But usually the introduction of a new character means the previous seasonal one leaves, so I don't know how much longer we will have Ouroboros (O.B.) out, but he has been wonderful!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Monica/Photon has not appeared in the park. However, Captain Marvel is a regular and Ms. Marvel appeared while her show was streaming.

I am hoping for all three together once the movie comes out. But usually the introduction of a new character means the previous seasonal one leaves, so I don't know how much longer we will have Ouroboros (O.B.) out, but he has been wonderful!

Beginning today, all three will be at Avengers Campus for a limited time.

"Beginning today for a limited time, guests may encounter Carol Danvers, Kamala Khan and Captain Monica Rambeau as they make a high-spirited entrance together in Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure Park to recruit the next generation of Super Heroes. With Super Heroes from across the universe continuing to arrive at Avengers Campus, recruits never know who else they may run into."

F-lpWqHWgAAbmR_.jpeg

MarvelCharacterNerd

Beginning today, all three will be at Avengers Campus for a limited time.

"Beginning today for a limited time, guests may encounter Carol Danvers, Kamala Khan and Captain Monica Rambeau as they make a high-spirited entrance together in Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure Park to recruit the next generation of Super Heroes. With Super Heroes from across the universe continuing to arrive at Avengers Campus, recruits never know who else they may run into."

View attachment 753538

As I'd hoped! Woo!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Looks like a bad start. Like I said, another Marvel stinker.

Why can't you admit general interest in the MCU is waning?
This is a thread about a theme park land not the movies. If you want to talk about the movies and their performance there is a whole sub-forum for that.

But if you want to talk about the theme park land, I'm happy to discuss it in this thread.

Consumer

This is a thread about a theme park land not the movies. If you want to talk about the movies and their performance there is a whole sub-forum for that.

But if you want to talk about the theme park land, I'm happy to discuss it in this thread.
Disney never should have built a land around a dying franchise. They waited until after the MCU peaked to build it instead of 2012 when the MCU was on the rise.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney never should have built a land around a dying franchise. They waited until after the MCU peaked to build it instead of 2012 when the MCU was on the rise.
I appreciate your opinion, and I respectfully disagree. Execution wise I wish they did more with it, but that is a different topic.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Had a great time visiting with the latest guests on Campus this weekend.

Happily, O.B. was still around, hanging with TVA Loki, so we could chat about what was revealed in the final episode of the season.

And I got to talk to Monica Rambeau a couple of times (who was great) - both solo and hanging out with Ms. Marvel (SO ADORABLE) and Captain Marvel.

Just a wonderful time on Campus from morning to close. :) (And even squeezed in a ride on WEB SLINGERS and wow, are my arms tired! lol But it's so much fun and I catch new details on it every time I ride!)

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Just curious, but assuming that Avatar experience is DCA bound and is a full fledged land, do you think Disney is short sighted by not putting Avatar in the Simba lot and then using Hollywoodland for a Marvel expansion assuming the MCU gets back on track? Or did they never really have any plans to expand AC beyond the Multiverse E ticket?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom