Avengers Campus: Food, Entertainment, M&G, Environment Updates

Phroobar

Men: White Vision, Loki, Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night, Man Thing, Wiccan, Speed, Sam, Bucky, son of Hulk, 1st Capt. America, grandson of 1st Capt. America

v.

Women: Kate Bishop, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Sylvie, Photon, Layla/Taweret

And... that's it. Wanda is seemingly removed from any teaming for now, and Agatha has her own series.

So, pray tell, again, how do the really great D+ Marvel shows point to an all-girl squad?
Every new super hero introduced in a series was female. They were introduced by their male counterpart. We also saw this with female Thor and Antman's daughter to name a few. Even She-Hulk's final episode mentioned this. Also Werewolf by night introduced a new female hero but she isn't part of the Avengers. She is part of the Legion of Monsters.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Every new super hero introduced in a series was female.
White Vision, Wiccan, Speed, Moon Knight, Werewolf, Man Thing, 1st Capt. America, grandson of 1st Capt. America, son of Hulk, Kid Loki were all introduced to the MCU through a D+ series and they aren't female.

At this point, you're not just cherry picking, you're trying to justify a claim that is so demonstrably wrong, it's kinda sad.

BubbaisSleep

Every new super hero introduced in a series was female. They were introduced by their male counterpart. We also saw this with female Thor and Antman's daughter to name a few. Even She-Hulk's final episode mentioned this. Also Werewolf by night introduced a new female hero but she isn't part of the Avengers. She is part of the Legion of Monsters.
I can see them building up to a female team one day but I’m not getting this impression at all. As examples stated, Marvel is still very male-oriented.

Disney Analyst

White Vision, Wiccan, Speed, Moon Knight, Werewolf, Man Thing, 1st Capt. America, grandson of 1st Capt. America, son of Hulk, Kid Loki were all introduced to the MCU through a D+ series and they aren't female.

At this point, you're not just cherry picking, you're trying to justify a claim that is so demonstrably wrong, it's kinda sad.

Facts are important - thank you.

Phroobar

So none of the points of Loki, She-hulk, Hawkeye, Thor love & thunder and others where to replace one hero with another. Now who is cherry picking?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
So none of the points of Loki, She-hulk, Hawkeye, Thor love & thunder and others where to replace one hero with another. Now who is cherry picking?
You've done more than move the goal posts, you've changed stadiums.

Are we talking about an all-girl hero team up, or the replacement of the male members of the original Avengers?

Because this is what you said:

Every new super hero introduced in a series was female.

And not:

Replace one [male] hero with another [female] hero.

Those are two different things. I responded to the first.

With regard to the second, could you list all those replacements you're talking about rather than vague "overrun by girls" cries?

Consumer

Another L for the MCU.
1676508365340.png

MarvelCharacterNerd

I forget that Avengers Campus has food. If I’m eating at DCA it’s usually at Flo’s, Birria tacos from Cocina Cucamonga or a cheese dog from Corn Dog castle. Award Weiners had a pretty solid seasonal Philly Cheeseteak too.
I'm usually with you on avoiding eating on Campus, but over the holidays they added (and so far kept) the Atomic Pretzel which is a soft pretzel (not the mega sized one) with cinnamon apple and maple bacon bits - served all day/night and it's really good and really filling if you like that flavor combo. Also very sweet, no surprise.

Normally Flo's was my go-to but I recently ordered a meal there that I'd ordered two weeks before and was given one 1/4th smaller. I went to the counter and said "look at the photo of this dish from two weeks ago and look at the one on my plate - this is WAY smaller." I asked for a refund but first they sent out a lead to argue with me that I was imagining the size difference and maybe the dish was placed differently on the plate. Then they sent out the back of house manager who informed me that every dish is weighed so that every plate gets the exact same amount of food. (Wow, this is not info I needed but thanks.) She then informed me it was therefore impossible that the dish I'd eaten there two weeks earlier was larger than the bite-sized one on my plate. She then said if they remade my (now cold) meal, I would get exactly the same amount of food but if I wanted them to remake it they would. I then repeated that I just wanted a refund and she said she couldn't do that. At which point the lead who had first argued with me about the size of my meal said she could do the refund I'd asked for several minutes earlier. So I repeated "yes, I want a refund" and they did so. #magical #thedisneydifference

I then went to Award Wieners to get a hot dog as I was starved by then. And when that was handed to me I was confused and thought they'd given me the child-sized meal. But no. That was the actual size. Definitely less fries on the plate than there used to be and hot dog looked shorter/smaller. But I was too hungry to argue again or send it back, so I took it and ate it. Then I left the park early and went home to eat food as I now leave hungry every time I visit though the food keeps costing more and I keep having to bring more snacks with me. #thankschristine

/rant

TLDR: try the Atomic Pretzel at Pym's while it lasts and before it shrinks (though the portions of apple and bacon are definitely smaller now than the first time I got the dish)

tcool123

In case anybody was curious, Ant Man 3 has dropped down to 48%. That’s only 1% higher than Eternals. Pretty massive pushback to the movie that kicks off the next phase of the MCU.
It is now the lowest rated MCU film - if memory sevres right.

1676605158261.png

However audiences seem to be really enjoying the film, but we will have to see after opening weekend if this stays true. Either way it'll likely be the most successful film for Ant-Man, but that truly isn't saying much in the world of the MCU

Parteecia

I'm usually with you on avoiding eating on Campus, but over the holidays they added (and so far kept) the Atomic Pretzel which is a soft pretzel (not the mega sized one) with cinnamon apple and maple bacon bits - served all day/night and it's really good and really filling if you like that flavor combo. Also very sweet, no surprise.

Normally Flo's was my go-to but I recently ordered a meal there that I'd ordered two weeks before and was given one 1/4th smaller. I went to the counter and said "look at the photo of this dish from two weeks ago and look at the one on my plate - this is WAY smaller." I asked for a refund but first they sent out a lead to argue with me that I was imagining the size difference and maybe the dish was placed differently on the plate. Then they sent out the back of house manager who informed me that every dish is weighed so that every plate gets the exact same amount of food. (Wow, this is not info I needed but thanks.) She then informed me it was therefore impossible that the dish I'd eaten there two weeks earlier was larger than the bite-sized one on my plate. She then said if they remade my (now cold) meal, I would get exactly the same amount of food but if I wanted them to remake it they would. I then repeated that I just wanted a refund and she said she couldn't do that. At which point the lead who had first argued with me about the size of my meal said she could do the refund I'd asked for several minutes earlier. So I repeated "yes, I want a refund" and they did so. #magical #thedisneydifference

I then went to Award Wieners to get a hot dog as I was starved by then. And when that was handed to me I was confused and thought they'd given me the child-sized meal. But no. That was the actual size. Definitely less fries on the plate than there used to be and hot dog looked shorter/smaller. But I was too hungry to argue again or send it back, so I took it and ate it. Then I left the park early and went home to eat food as I now leave hungry every time I visit though the food keeps costing more and I keep having to bring more snacks with me. #thankschristine

/rant

TLDR: try the Atomic Pretzel at Pym's while it lasts and before it shrinks (though the portions of apple and bacon are definitely smaller now than the first time I got the dish)
That's terrible. And a reason why we're stopping out to Earl nowadays.

A friend and I were eating lunch at Three Broomsticks when she found a hair in her meal. She was starving so she ate around it. The person in charge apologized, refunded both of our meals and said if we were still in the park for dinner she would comp that too. And our meals were not shrunken.

ETA And when I worked at Fritos we were told to issue refunds, with apologies, no questions asked. Although sometimes I would have to ask what they'd had because they'd LICKED THE PLATE CLEAN (sorry for yelling). Usually I had to send someone nicer out to do it.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

I forget that Avengers Campus has food. If I’m eating at DCA it’s usually at Flo’s, Birria tacos from Cocina Cucamonga or a cheese dog from Corn Dog castle. Award Weiners had a pretty solid seasonal Philly Cheeseteak too.

Dude I had this same thing with Toontown. Like they had food back there and I never ate there or considered it. And I forgot about it most of the time. Weird

No Name

All of these except Moon Knight are not superheroes and/or were very brief appearances. Hulk’s son, really? You’re doing the polar opposite of cherry picking, and I’ll say, it’s also kinda sad!

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
All of these except Moon Knight are not superheroes and/or were very brief appearances. Hulk’s son, really? You’re doing the polar opposite of cherry picking, and I’ll say, it’s also kinda sad!
So, you're going to let "very new super hero introduced in a series was female" stand as a true statement?

Yeah, that's kinda sad.

No Name

So, you're going to let "very new super hero introduced in a series was female" stand as a true statement?

Yeah, that's kinda sad.
With the one exception of Moon Knight that’s practically true, so yeah I’ll let it slide. If we were in court I’d agree with you, but I’m answering this like a human not a lawyer. There’s a clear pattern with the phase 4 shows with Sylvie, Captain Carter, Kate Bishop, Ms. Marvel, She Hulk, etc. that’s arguably not a bad thing but definitely notable for Marvel.

You bringing up weak examples to obscure that, well… that’s kind of sad!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom