Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So in the 5 minutes it takes to walk across Galaxy's Edge we are supposed to portal between 5 planets?

It cost 1 billion dollars to build these lands. They aren't going to upheaval them after 5 years. The rock work is congruent throughout the whole land.

If there weren't an Avatar land, 4 new attractions, DisneylandForward, Eastern Gateway, and the prospect of an updated Tomorrowland on the horizon I might believe it........j/k.....I still wouldn't believe it.

It's about as believable as the gold-plated turd I dropped this morning.
Exactly, it makes absolutely no sense especially given the mention of keeping the 2 attractions in Batuu. So you go from one new locale at the entrance from Bayou Country to Batuu for Rise to another new locale for the market and the food court back to Batuu for Smugglers to another new locale for the other entrance from FantasyLand.

Makes no sense.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not that we haven’t discussed this in the past but it’s foolish to think that the future of the Pooh building doesn’t belong to Star Wars. Whether that factored into their decision to rename the land Bayou Country I’m not sure.
I still could see them putting a 3rd attraction there for GE. But a whole new locale, I'm doubtful. But that I can leave open as a possibility. But to retheme the entire land that is only 5 years old to multiple new locales just seems like a huge no.

If this idea is for real and comes to light, then I'd really come over to your side and say that WDI has lost it.

mickEblu

I still could see them putting a 3rd attraction there for GE. But a whole new locale, I'm doubtful. But that I can leave open as a possibility. But to retheme the entire land that is only 5 years old to multiple new locales just seems like a huge no.

If this idea is for real and comes to light, then I'd really come over to your side and say that WDI has lost it.

5 areas sounds crazy but if they use Pooh for Endor, keep ROTR as Batuu or any other locale that makes sense (Kashyyk?) and the village as Tatooine it’s doable.

LOL ok in that case I’m praying it happens!

mickEblu

5 areas sounds crazy but if they use Pooh for Endor, keep ROTR as Batuu or any other locale that makes sense (Kashyyk?) and the village as Tatooine it’s doable.

@Disney Irish and that’s not considering if they dip into the expansion pad to northeast. Maybe that becomes more of the Tatooine area and the village is the area that stays put as Batuu.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Lol, seriously though, if this poster did really hear something and isn’t just trolling I think they misheard it. It makes more sense for 5 new locations for missions on Smugglers Run than it does for the entire land.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
@Disney Irish and that’s not considering if they dip into the expansion pad to northeast. Maybe that becomes more of the Tatooine area and the village is the area that stays put as Batuu.
That area was suppose to be used for that future restaurant that was originally slated for the land. So what they just theme it to Tatooine instead, makes even less sense.

The more and more this idea is kicked around in just these couple posts tells me this isn’t a real idea. It’s either trolling or someone heard it from a YouTuber rambling on their ideas and decided to post it.

Mediatetv1

Lol, seriously though, if this poster did really hear something and isn’t just trolling I think they misheard it. It makes more sense for 5 new locations for missions on Smugglers Run than it does for the entire land.
I didn't mishear. That's all I can offer is just something I know. This land has become a marketing mess as it was completely conceived and themed around the biggest grossing movie in America. Then four years later the bottom fell out and now there is 75% apathy towards the locals and characters the land was built around. The folks that can affect change are aware of this and that it is the last of the big brands that has not found its turnaround yet.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I didn't mishear. That's all I can offer is just something I know. This land has become a marketing mess as it was completely conceived and themed around the biggest grossing movie in America. Then four years later the bottom fell out and now there is 75% apathy towards the locals and characters the land was built around. The folks that can affect change are aware of this and that it is the last of the big brands that has not found its turnaround yet.
Well, if this is true, and the land changes as you’ve outlined, then it will become an even a bigger marketing mess with the disjointed sections of the land that have nothing to do with each other. It will confuse guests even more than anything with Batuu. Better to just fix what is there.

WDI would be better off spending whatever money they would think to allocate towards this to fix Tomorrowland that they’ve ignored for decades.

Me thinks this isn’t even a fully realized idea. It’s something someone just threw out in a brainstorming session.

And no offense you just opened your account and started posted for the first time today, so forgive me for not believing someone who has no track record established.

captveg

It's not even the land that's the problem as much as it is the overall atmosphere. Bring in SW music, get rid of the era restriction with characters, maybe do a little spit and polish here and there to have more Easter Eggs from the OT and PT and that should take care of the land part. Make the cantina more customer friendly if at all possible. Build the sitdown restaurant and have all food named normally. Continue to sell even more branded Star Wars toys alongside the "real world" stuff. It's okay to sell a Lego speeder set in Galaxy's Edge. No one is gonna cry about the lack of immersion.

Of course the main thing is the rides. More Falcon missions is a great start. Something planned to take over WtP would be great. Probably should make it OT themed. Can they push further back into the buildings space behind the hub for another one?

A little sectional upgrade to the land to more obvious SW content is fine, but don't sink all the money into it thinking it will solve all the issues., please.

mickEblu

I believe you Mediaetv1. Do you know if they will be using the expansion pad and/or Poohs show building to accomplish this?

captveg

Giving Mediatv1 the benefit of the doubt, such changes would hopefully be the result of some actual soul searching after the hotel failure. But we should probably move any further discussion of this to its proper thread.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I say theme the whole land to The Acolyte and be done with it.

Or better yet, move this discussion to a new misinformation thread or at the least an existing GE thread because this is the Avengers Campus thread.

mickEblu

It's not even the land that's the problem as much as it is the overall atmosphere. Bring in SW music, get rid of the era restriction with characters, maybe do a little spit and polish here and there to have more Easter Eggs from the OT and PT and that should take care of the land part. Make the cantina more customer friendly if at all possible. Build the sitdown restaurant and have all food named normally. Continue to sell even more branded Star Wars toys alongside the "real world" stuff. It's okay to sell a Lego speeder set in Galaxy's Edge. No one is gonna cry about the lack of immersion.

Of course the main thing is the rides. More Falcon missions is a great start. Something planned to take over WtP would be great. Probably should make it OT themed. Can they push further back into the buildings space behind the hub for another one?

A little sectional upgrade to the land to more obvious SW content is fine, but don't sink all the money into it thinking it will solve all the issues., please.

Yeah I agree with pretty much all of this and like you said I think the biggest thing is getting rid of the timeline crap and getting the OT in there somehow. I don’t mind the idea of Star Wars Galaxy and I think getting a few recognizable locations in there can’t hurt but 5 is overkill. Just pick 2-3 and do it right. Endor and Tatooine and call it a day. Not sure if there is enough room for the Speederbike coaster on the Pooh side but that would be great. Then bring in the dinner theatre show and the new missions for Smugglers Run and that sounds like a pretty solid GE 2.0. With that said, the fact that they re talking about 5 locations is a Non Starter for me. I don’t see anyway that can work.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Exactly, the issue is not the land itself. If this poster is really from WDI or has contacts within WDI, please please go back to them and tell them the issue is not the land but the overall experience within the land. It just needs more to it, not a complete overhaul. Add the restaurant, add more missions to Smugglers, remove the era restrictions, add more OT, PT, and even more ST if you want. Don't get bogged down in needing to have it be a living land but rather just a themed land.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lol. Yes IF Pooh is on borrowed time I can understand the name change. Still don’t find it necessary but the new name still kind of works with Hungry Bear BBQ Jamboree unlike Pooh.
I just find it funny that all it took was to hear from a random poster that Pooh is going away for it to make sense to you. Even though Pooh never made much sense in the area before and makes the same sense now.

But hey as long as you've come around.... 🤷‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom