Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

mickEblu

That's all it took for it to make sense to you, lol.

In fact putting all the pieces together… the GE plans might be why they pivoted from Critter Country to Bayou Country. The plans to keep the Critter County name probably predate these new GE plans. This whole Critter Country name change saga actually kind of gives credence to these GE rumors.

In other words I’m Disneyland Columbo.

mickEblu

I just find it funny that all it took was to hear from a random poster that Pooh is going away for it to make sense to you. Even though Pooh never made much sense in the area before and makes the same sense now.

But hey as long as you've come around.... 🤷‍♂️

Not sure what’s so funny or confusing. It makes perfect sense.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
In fact putting all the pieces together… the GE plans might be why they pivoted from Critter Country to Bayou Country. The plans to keep the Critter County name probably predate these new GE plans. This whole Critter Country name change saga actually kind of gives credence to these GE rumors.

In other words I’m Disneyland Columbo.
Did you say Colombo as in the bread. Now that I believe. Kidding.

Alright Columbo, I'm still not buying the piece you put together but as long as it make sense in your mind that is all that matters.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not sure what’s so funny or confusing. It makes perfect sense.
I didn't say it was confusing, just funny your thought process on why it makes sense now and it didn't before.

An English bear in a land themed to the US south named Critter Country makes the same sense as it does in a land themed to the US south now named Bayou Country. The land name wasn't the issue before in terms of Pooh's placement, so don't know why it was now. If it was such an issue now, should have been back then too.

MarvelCharacterNerd

As someone who can't stand Galaxy's Edge for many reasons, I'd be totally down with changing it into 5 different areas - or eras. Have a Mando area (SR), a ST area (ROTR), then add a PT area, an OT area, and a cartoon area featuring Ahsoka, have the appropriate characters and music in all locations and BRING BACK JEDI TRAINING ACADEMY for the kids and just maybe they'd finally have a decent Star Wars land.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
As someone who can't stand Galaxy's Edge for many reasons, I'd be totally down with changing it into 5 different areas - or eras. Have a Mando area (SR), a ST area (ROTR), then add a PT area, an OT area, and a cartoon area featuring Ahsoka, have the appropriate characters and music in all locations and BRING BACK JEDI TRAINING ACADEMY for the kids and just maybe they'd finally have a decent Star Wars land.
How about no.....

britain

OK, I’ll play. This could be fun…

The entrances from big thunder area could become Tattooine. They could even add a little bit of Tattooine on the Big Thunder side of the portal closest to Fantasyland since it has some empty space. This would be a concession that they are dropping the heavy duty, “portals must separate my peas and carrots!” type of thinking, and go with the more natural “Pinocchio Village becomes Rose Tavern becomes Big Thunder Trail becomes Tattooine Outpost” style of theme park design that would be necessary if they are going to make similar transitions on the inside of the Star Wars land as well.

Millennium Falcon area could become Navarro (since Mando is being added to the story, and since Jon Favreau has made Navarro look A LOT like that area of the land already).

Here’s an idea I think would not break the bank, but would go a real long way to making the core fans happy: I’d convert the southern most east-west corridor into an interior space for a “Legend of Luke Skywalker” walk-through attraction. Think Sleeping Beauty but less “doll-like” and more like legit windows onto actual views of the highlights of the original trilogy. (Might have to be multi layered screens set within miniatures if the animatronics don’t work at the mini scale.). Imagine how you could walk through a chilly Hoth corridor to peek at his fight against the wampa, and transition to a rain-foresty Degobah, and then a few ominous dark Besbin hallways to witness his first battle with Vader. The main idea is to give guests enough “flavors” of the best locations missing from the land without going on the fool’s errand of adding a “Hoth Corner” and a “Cloud City Corner”. These few rooms, with temperature control, lighting, music, and the right set design will invoke the right vibes. AND it’s plainly an homage to the Original Trilogy which will be just the thing for old OG Star Wars fans who are paying for the trip but are (like me) are less and less likely to get on rides that hurt our backs.

It was already mentioned, but yes, I’d figure out a way to make room for the western most part of the land accommodate an Endor speeder bike attraction, but I don’t think taking over Pooh will suffice. (Could a launch tunnel over Disneyland Drive into a gravity building in the north DL Forward area work?)

AND YES! JEDI TRAINING ACADEMY MUST RETURN!

mickEblu

I didn't say it was confusing, just funny your thought process on why it makes sense now and it didn't before.

An English bear in a land themed to the US south named Critter Country makes the same sense as it does in a land themed to the US south now named Bayou Country. The land name wasn't the issue before in terms of Pooh's placement, so don't know why it was now. If it was such an issue now, should have been back then too.

It’s pretty simple. Does the setting of Critter Country outside of the Pooh ride look like the Hundred Acre Woods? Yes. Does it look like a Bayou? Does Pooh belong in a land with Bayou in the name? No. Bayou is much more specific than Country. The Hundred Acre Woods is in the Country… somewhere. Also who ever said Critter Country was themed to the South? Just becasue SOTS took place there? The land was designed more Pacific Northwest for Bear Country/ CBJ.

mickEblu

OK, I’ll play. This could be fun…

The entrances from big thunder area could become Tattooine. They could even add a little bit of Tattooine on the Big Thunder side of the portal closest to Fantasyland since it has some empty space. This would be a concession that they are dropping the heavy duty, “portals must separate my peas and carrots!” type of thinking, and go with the more natural “Pinocchio Village becomes Rose Tavern becomes Big Thunder Trail becomes Tattooine Outpost” style of theme park design that would be necessary if they are going to make similar transitions on the inside of the Star Wars land as well.

Millennium Falcon area could become Navarro (since Mando is being added to the story, and since Jon Favreau has made Navarro look A LOT like that area of the land already).

Here’s an idea I think would not break the bank, but would go a real long way to making the core fans happy: I’d convert the southern most east-west corridor into an interior space for a “The Legend of Luke Skywalker” walk-through attraction. Think Sleeping Beauty but less “doll-like” and more like legit windows onto actual views of the highlights of the original trilogy. (Might have to be multi layered screens set within miniatures if the animatronics don’t work at the mini scale.). Imagine how you could walk through a chilly Hoth corridor to peek at his fight against the wampa, and transition to a rain-foresty Degobah, and then a few ominous dark Besbin hallways to witness his first battle with Vader. The main idea is to give guests enough “flavors” of the best locations missing from the land without going on the fool’s errand of adding a “Hoth Corner” and a “Cloud City Corner”. These few rooms, with temperature control, lighting, music, and the right set design will invoke the right vibes. AND it’s plainly an homage to the Original Trilogy which will be just the thing for old OG Star Wars fans who are paying for the trip but are (like me) are less and less likely to get on rides that hurt our backs.

It was already mentioned, but yes, I’d figure out a way to make room for the western most part of the land accommodate an Endor speeder bike attraction, but I don’t think taking over Pooh will suffice. (Could a launch tunnel over Disneyland Drive into a gravity building in the north DL Forward area work?)

AND YES! JEDI TRAINING ACADEMY MUST RETURN!

Yeah Navarro is what I was thinking if they go with Tatooine as part of the new area in the expansion pad. If there is no expansion pad involved then I think they should go Tatooine there. With that said Batuu is Tatooine- esque but it would require a little work to get there and it’s not necessarily an aesthetic I really care for. So I’d rather have them put Tatooine in the new area.

Launch tunnel to DL Forward for the Endor Coaster is the move!! Nobody wants to see those tracks from Critter/ Bayou country anyway.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It’s pretty simple. Does the setting of Critter Country outside of the Pooh ride look like the Hundred Acre Woods? Yes. Does it look like a Bayou? Does Pooh belong in a land with Bayou in the name? No. Bayou is much more specific than Country. The Hundred Acre Woods is in the Country… somewhere. Also who ever said Critter Country was themed to the South? Just becasue SOTS took place there? The land was designed more Pacific Northwest for Bear Country/ CBJ.
It was always said on many forums I've visited over the years that Critter Country was meant to take place in the south to coincide with Splash after its change from Bear Country. And even if Bear Country was set in the PNW and Critter Country kept that, Pooh makes even less sense then, as it an attraction for an English bear set in the English woods. The Hundred Acre Woods is based on a real location in England, not the PNW. Its a real stretch to say it worked because its "woods".

Basically Pooh never made sense in the land to begin with, so it makes the same amount of sense in Bayou Country. So if it was fine before it should be fine now.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'd hate to see your reaction if they suggested creating a land featuring Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, Dumbo, Sword in the Stone and Sleeping Beauty and called it something generic like "A Land of Fantasy". ;)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to the idea on its merits. If it was built that way from the beginning of the lands inception I'd be fine with it. I'm opposed to the idea of slicing and dicing the existing land that was purpose built around a specific concept.

But hey I haven't seen any concept art or any specifics on how it would work so maybe, if this is even real, it'll work out. I just don't see it based on how its described currently, especially when it appears to be transitions back and forth to Batuu in places. It just seems like it'll be a convoluted mess.

AZDLR

Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to the idea on its merits. If it was built that way from the beginning of the lands inception I'd be fine with it. I'm opposed to the idea of slicing and dicing the existing land that was purpose built around a specific concept.

But hey I haven't seen any concept art or any specifics on how it would work so maybe, if this is even real, it'll work out. I just don't see it based on how its described currently, especially when it appears to be transitions back and forth to Batuu in places. It just seems like it'll be a convoluted mess.
If they expand galaxy's edge then maybe they could use part of the river area if they are willing to get rid of it like they are doing at MK. Adding locals sounds cool but to me the area needs en exciting ride since they have 2 immersive rides. I would love to see them take a version of the RSR ride system and make a POD race! Have the two announcers from the phantom menace and have the tracks separate for a portion so there are two different ride experiences. That ride could be in a different local than batuu. Maybe with a tunnel from batuu under the train tracks with a tattooine themed area when you come out of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom