Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

mickEblu

The ride system is basically an EMV take on the IOA Spiderman Transformers ride system(s). I am excited as the system is great at portraying actions sequences. Far better than the trackless system on Rise and MMRR.

The ride system sounds fine. Just seems like the wrong choice if the main objective was to simulate flight.

MK-fan

So it took Avatarland 5 years and 8 months to come to life, from announcement to opening.
This sole Avengers E-Ticket ride was announced in August of 2019, it’s now April 2024, that’s already 4 months short of five years and not a hint of when construction will begin. Goodness Disney, I thought it took forever for Avatarland to open but it seems like a cakewalk when it comes to this Avengers E-Ticket. For shame Disney, for shame. At this point, just give up, it’s just embarrassing.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So it took Avatarland 5 years and 8 months to come to life, from announcement to opening.
This sole Avengers E-Ticket ride was announced in August of 2019, it’s now April 2024, that’s already 4 months short of five years and not a hint of when construction will begin. Goodness Disney, I thought it took forever for Avatarland to open but it seems like a cakewalk when it comes to this Avengers E-Ticket. For shame Disney, for shame. At this point, just give up, it’s just embarrassing.
Well in their defense just a bit, there was a little thing in 2020 that stopped all movement on any projects. And that lead to a change in direction on story and it appears ride system. So its not like they haven't been doing anything, even if it appears that way to us externally.

But if they don't announce a construction timeline on this in August I have to assume its dead.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Well in their defense just a bit, there was a little thing in 2020 that stopped all movement on any projects. And that lead to a change in direction on story and it appears ride system. So its not like they haven't been doing anything, even if it appears that way to us externally.

But if they don't announce a construction timeline on this in August I have to assume its dead.
Another reasons Disney YouTubers like OG55 have speculated on as to why there has been no movement on the Avengers E ticket is that Disney wants to figure out a solid direction for the MCU to go in. With X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool all coming out, maybe they want to see the Box Office returns on those and maybe give that group of heroes a prime role in the ride.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Another reasons Disney YouTubers like OG55 have speculated on as to why there has been no movement on the Avengers E ticket is that Disney wants to figure out a solid direction for the MCU to go in. With X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool all coming out, maybe they want to see the Box Office returns on those and maybe give that group of heroes a prime role in the ride.
Not sure if I believe that is the case. But I guess we'll see when D23 rolls around in August.

CaptinEO

I mean to also be fair here the land was supposed to open with an E and C ticket in July 2020. Even when the shutdowns happened in March 2020, Spiderman was near completion and the E ticket had no construction progress whatsoever. There were zero finalized plans to have this built.

This wasn't a case like Galaxy's Edge where the main ride was partially completed on opening but not quite ready. The E Ticket never started construction. Even after D23 2022 when the new direction for the ride was announced, no construction started.

It's an embarrassment at this point.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I mean to also be fair here the land was supposed to open with an E and C ticket in July 2020. Even when the shutdowns happened in March 2020, Spiderman was near completion and the E ticket had no construction progress whatsoever. There were zero finalized plans to have this built.

This wasn't a case like Galaxy's Edge where the main ride was partially completed on opening but not quite ready. The E Ticket never started construction. Even after D23 2022 when the new direction for the ride was announced, no construction started.

Apparently what happened as to why the original quinjet E ticket never broke ground was the Imagineers were running into logistical issues with capacity.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Having followed the land from the early rumor days I don't know that the E Ticket was suppose to open with the land. It was always a "Phase 2" type of project in the rumor circles I follow. This was even going back to the original Capt America coaster rumors and variations of that. So if that was to happen that wasn't announced or even a rumor that I'm aware of. Not to say it isn't true but that would be interesting to know given all the rumors that were going around surrounding the land at the time.

Gusey

Disney announced the Quinjet at D23 Expo 2019 as phase 2, opening at a later date. It seemed to still be in development in 2021 when they put the concept art in the Art of Marvel at DLP, but then quickly moved it. Qunjet was canceeled by 2022, when Multiverse was announced, and the last update was Destination D with the ride vehicle. Hopefully if Disneyland Forward gets approved, Disney will confirm so plans for Disneyland Resort beyond Tiana's opening

Suspirian

I think that's really silly. Marvel has a life outside of the MCU. They make everything so much more difficult than it needs to be.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Along with the pandemic, a ride whose original concept was set in Wakanda, also was likely impacted by the death of Chadwick Boseman. How do you have a Wakanda attraction without T'Challa at its heart? So they went back to the drawing board. I don't consider it five years since the start of the E-Ticket since they had to start from scratch more recently than that.

yeti

Capitalizing on current-gen heroes is like chasing a moving target IMO. The smartest decision would be to choose a lineup with the most immortalized, household names and be done with it. Spidey, Iron Man, Cap, Black Widow, BP, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Thor, Ant Man/Wasp.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Along with the pandemic, a ride whose original concept was set in Wakanda, also was likely impacted by the death of Chadwick Boseman. How do you have a Wakanda attraction without T'Challa at its heart? So they went back to the drawing board. I don't consider it five years since the start of the E-Ticket since they had to start from scratch more recently than that.
Another factor might have been the timeline issue. Tying a ride so heavily into Wakanda and the Infinity saga would make it much harder if not impossible to update it with new characters, which flies in the face of what Avengers Campus was meant to be, a living breathing land designed to evolve alongside the MCU. I think some of the criticism Disney got from Galaxies Edge being tied so heavily to the divisive sequel trilogy played a part in their thinking as well. While they are doing it somewhat, you can't just drop new characters in as easily as AC.

BrianLo

A slightly simpler holdup is that they actually need to film an Avengers movie to gather together the requisite actors. Since Avengers 5 is actually on the docket for later this year, there's not much excuse not to progress.

Even if they wanted to pull off the original concept though, the lack of avengers filming from 2018-late 2024 was a hurdle.

truecoat

A slightly simpler holdup is that they actually need to film an Avengers movie to gather together the requisite actors. Since Avengers 5 is actually on the docket for later this year, there's not much excuse not to progress.

Even if they wanted to pull off the original concept though, the lack of avengers filming from 2018-late 2024 was a hurdle.

Here's the poster for the next Avengers movie.

Benneton.jpg

britain

I don’t buy it. Just grab each actor one at a time in front of a green screen as it is convenient for their schedule.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom