Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

WizardofDestiny123

Even if Disney chooses to scale back on other projects because of an upcoming recession, at the very least they must provide Avengers Campus with an E-Ticket. Whether that's a dark ride or a coaster, it would be a very unfortunate thing for them to abandon the E-Ticket idea.

mickEblu

I think if and when the Avengers E ticket does come it will be a coaster for a couple reasons. One being the Fast and Furious roller coaster that is apparently being built at USH and will open in 2024. I think they see Universal knocking it out of the park with all their recent coasters at USO (and the ones they re building at Epic Universe) so I would hope that will influence their decision to walk away from the Soarin 2.0 ride.

Also I believe that Disney knows that if Galaxies Edge had included one well themed coaster the reception would have not been so lackluster.

D.Silentu

If memory serves, construction had begun on Runaway Railway before the pandemic, while work on the Avengers Ride had not.

MarvelCharacterNerd

But at this point, the theme of the MCU seems to be the Multiverse. So any E-Ticket really should be a trip through the Multiverse - maybe helping Loki restore the timeline or having The Watcher send you off on a mission. It would be all thrills and screenz so I couldn't go on it, but it would be nice to have a counterpoint to Star Tours at DL where you can go to different locations in the MCU/Multiverse (though that could also be done with Doctor Strange/America Chavez portals). I guess Mission: BREAKOUT has multiple choice experiences though and probably counts, too.
WOO! CALLED IT MONTHS AGO! :D

Multiverse E-Ticket announced at the Expo for Avengers Campus. :D

J4546

Avengers Campus phase 2 mega e ticket confirmed....Well this d23 seems pretty awesome so far imo

Last edited:

TheDisneyParksfanC8

WOO! CALLED IT MONTHS AGO! :D

Multiverse E-Ticket announced at the Expo for Avengers Campus. :D

Wonder what ride system this will be. I could see this new concept as a trackless dark ride. Disney had a patent for a ride vehicle that can show damage in real time. There was also another patent that can allowed for ride sets and effects to be reset. Maybe these patents will be used for this new Avengers ride to help keep it fresh as the MCU evolves.

Ismael Flores

I heard the Quinjet ride was axed not just because of COVID, but because of logistic and capacity issues. So some form of coaster will more capacity will have to do.
Almost seemed like the Quinjet had similar design as the Avatar ride. Doesn't that ride have like 1400 per hour capacity?

I wonder why they felt that was ok there but not here

D.Silentu

Initially many here, myself included, thought that the previous deign for the Avengers ride was like Flight Of Passage. However, before it was scrapped Imagineers claimed that the ride system was supposedly brand new.

DCBaker

Premium Member
New concept for the ride - the villain will be King Thanos. Here's the new concept art -

891738yro61t73ruy824ituhgihyuktjy13ewf.jpg
hymujii8okjhjiuojlki90polkjhyt67ugyhkj.jpg

TP2000

To be fair, even when they announced it in 2017 they said it was part of phase 2. So this is just then finally starting on phase 2

When did they say they will start construction, and/or what year did they say it will open?

Or is it just one of those "coming to DCA!" at an undetermined future date? 2026? 2028? 2031?

TheDisneyParksfanC8

When did they say they will start construction, and/or what year did they say it will open?

Or is it just one of those "coming to DCA!" at an undetermined future date? 2026? 2028? 2031?
Maybe they will start next year and have it open in 2025 for DLR's 70th anniversary. But that seems like wishful thinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom