Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

mickEblu

This is the same rumor I've always heard but I don't quite understand it. What was so special about this coaster that resulted in it being low capacity. Disney has a decent track record of creating very high capacity coasters, so what was different here?

My only thoughts are just that something about the train/seating configuration would have made loading/dispatch very slow

Or something in the design made having a high number of block zones difficult

Just can't wrap my head around it because something like Cosmic Rewind is perfectly suited to high capacity (relative to other coasters)

Who knows? They were probably overthinking it. Trying to give us some new state of the art, everything but the kitchen sink kind of coaster. All we want is some music and projections in the dark. A couple of show scenes with AAs at the beginning and end of the ride would be great but I wouldn’t be holding my breath for that after Cosmic rewind.

D.Silentu

Trying to give us some new state of the art, everything but the kitchen sink kind of coaster. All we want is some music and projections in the dark. A couple of show scenes with AAs at the beginning and end of the ride would be great but I wouldn’t be holding my breath for that after Cosmic rewind.
Pardon, but in the age of Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure I really do want more. It should be a bleeding edge coaster or whatever sort of ride it turns out to be. I understand the times we live in and Disney's related thrift, but if they or Universal aren't working on the next big thing, then no one is.

mickEblu

Pardon, but in the age of Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure I really do want more. It should be a bleeding edge coaster or whatever sort of ride it turns out to be. I understand the times we live in and Disney's related thrift, but if they or Universal aren't working on the next big thing, then no one is.

Well there you go, you got nothing instead. Lol. Of course we all want something mind blowing but we’d all be thrilled with a modern indoor coaster at DCA.

Hagrids does look great!

thequeuelinelectures

I'm hoping that the Spiderman coaster heavily rumored (and semi confirmed with permits/orders?) for Shanghai is a disney version of Hagrids. Rumor seems to be that it's on outdoor coaster

I'm with you. I've always dreamed about an iron man outdoor flying coaster. Give us some indoor dark ride sections while in the load position and then oh no we gotta fly! and switch to the flying seating and launch into the coaster. FLY at Phantasialand uses a similar setup and it's the same ride system used to rotate Cosmic Rewind

mickEblu

I'm hoping that the Spiderman coaster heavily rumored (and semi confirmed with permits/orders?) for Shanghai is a disney version of Hagrids. Rumor seems to be that it's on outdoor coaster

I'm with you. I've always dreamed about an iron man outdoor flying coaster. Give us some indoor dark ride sections while in the load position and then oh no we gotta fly! and switch to the flying seating and launch into the coaster. FLY at Phantasialand uses a similar setup and it's the same ride system used to rotate Cosmic Rewind

Shanghai is getting a Spider-Man coaster and all we got was that crappy shooter ride? Man, the stateside parks get shafted in proportion to the money they bring in. We’re always bailing out other parks or divisions of the company.

Newtwo

Shanghai is getting a Spider-Man coaster and all we got was that crappy shooter ride? Man, the stateside parks get shafted in proportion to the money they bring in. We’re always bailing out other parks or divisions of the company.
Most of the parks outside the US are not owned by Disney therefore Disney isn't paying for the new rides. Disney is being paid by the companies that own those parks to design the rides.

mickEblu

Most of the parks outside the US are not owned by Disney therefore Disney isn't paying for the new rides. Disney is being paid by the companies that own those parks to design the rides.

The only parks they don’t own are the Tokyo parks. I believe they own 49% of Shanghai. They own 100% of the Paris parks though which happens to be the ones that got me to comment.

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

*oldster creaky voice* I remember when an E-Ticket meant a glorious dark ride with multiple animatronics, dammit, not some new-fangled roller coaster! Well, that's progress for you! ;)

Obvs I'm partial to a high-end attraction I could actually go on and still dream of a Doctor Strange Sanctum experience ala Haunted Mansion or Mystic Manor with Strange and Wong and Scarlet Witch and America Chavez sending you off in different directions.

But at this point, the theme of the MCU seems to be the Multiverse. So any E-Ticket really should be a trip through the Multiverse - maybe helping Loki restore the timeline or having The Watcher send you off on a mission. It would be all thrills and screenz so I couldn't go on it, but it would be nice to have a counterpoint to Star Tours at DL where you can go to different locations in the MCU/Multiverse (though that could also be done with Doctor Strange/America Chavez portals). I guess Mission: BREAKOUT has multiple choice experiences though and probably counts, too.

smooch

I would love to be wrong but I don't think this ride is coming to be honest. I am very much in a similar mindset as @Californian Elitist where I won't believe anything until the ride actually opens, not even if construction on the ground starts and we see updates. We hear about Phase 2 projects like rides, restaurants, etc. that never make it to fruition, I don't think this will be any different.

If it does ever get built I expect it to be much lower quality than whatever unique experience they hinted at developing with the announcement of the work being done on the ride. The land desperately needs the E-Ticket, though.

Californian Elitist

I would love to be wrong but I don't think this ride is coming to be honest. I am very much in a similar mindset as @Californian Elitist where I won't believe anything until the ride actually opens, not even if construction on the ground starts and we see updates. We hear about Phase 2 projects like rides, restaurants, etc. that never make it to fruition, I don't think this will be any different.

If it does ever get built I expect it to be much lower quality than whatever unique experience they hinted at developing with the announcement of the work being done on the ride. The land desperately needs the E-Ticket, though.
Better to be surprised than disappointed. I think their silence regarding any announcements for the ride is deafening. But, who knows? Maybe they just simply haven’t said anything.

I agree that if it does come, it will likely be scaled back in some way.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Better to be surprised than disappointed. I think their silence regarding any announcements for the ride is deafening. But, who knows? Maybe they just simply haven’t said anything.

I agree that if it does come, it will likely be scaled back in some way.
I mean it was mentioned during the shareholder meeting in March where Chapek did say that it was just on-hold and they would like to fund it again in the future. So its obviously still on their minds to try and do something. Now whether that means we get something like what was previously announced or something else, who knows at this point. So I'm hopeful that something will happen.

TP2000

I agree with both of you. This E Ticket is in the deep freezer at this point, but that doesn't mean it can be dragged onto the kitchen counter and thawed out. (I haven't had lunch yet, can you tell?)

Last edited:

wityblack

*oldster creaky voice* I remember when an E-Ticket meant a glorious dark ride with multiple animatronics, dammit, not some new-fangled roller coaster! Well, that's progress for you! ;)

Obvs I'm partial to a high-end attraction I could actually go on and still dream of a Doctor Strange Sanctum experience ala Haunted Mansion or Mystic Manor with Strange and Wong and Scarlet Witch and America Chavez sending you off in different directions.

But at this point, the theme of the MCU seems to be the Multiverse. So any E-Ticket really should be a trip through the Multiverse - maybe helping Loki restore the timeline or having The Watcher send you off on a mission. It would be all thrills and screenz so I couldn't go on it, but it would be nice to have a counterpoint to Star Tours at DL where you can go to different locations in the MCU/Multiverse (though that could also be done with Doctor Strange/America Chavez portals). I guess Mission: BREAKOUT has multiple choice experiences though and probably counts, too.
The Monorail would like a word with you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom