Wikkler

Well we're practically seven months through 2013...I think it's well past time to see some construction in Camp Minnie-Mickey.

2018 or whatever is a ridiculous timeframe for this project...especially if this is the next attraction added to DAK.
When did Finding Nemo the Musical open? 2007? So 11 years between new attractions at DAK? Disgusting.
I know this sounds ridiculous but according to Disney, Wilderness Explorers is an attraction.

Victor Kelly

Hate to say this but I just watched part of Avatar yesterday since I have been down with the flu, but I don't see how this will be a long term fit for AK. While the CGI was beautiful, and it was a visually stunning movie, it really is just another hug the trees movie almost like Sahara. And I have a very hard time seeing how WDI will be able to make real scenery from the CGI. The one way it would fit is with the Home Tree, which the Tree of Life can easily symbolize.

I know for a fact that Disney never throws away ideas, so maybe Beastly Kingdom may make an appearance.

Magenta Panther

Hate to say this but I just watched part of Avatar yesterday since I have been down with the flu, but I don't see how this will be a long term fit for AK. While the CGI was beautiful, and it was a visually stunning movie, it really is just another hug the trees movie almost like Sahara. And I have a very hard time seeing how WDI will be able to make real scenery from the CGI. The one way it would fit is with the Home Tree, which the Tree of Life can easily symbolize.

I know for a fact that Disney never throws away ideas, so maybe Beastly Kingdom may make an appearance.

From your keyboard to Iger's ear, brother. :)

rd805

I know there have been long time rumors of 2 more movies - so if this project does ever happen, it will be culturally relevant, for....idk 15 years? haha

Victor Kelly

I just have grave doubts about Avatar. It seemed like a good idea, before I watched the movie. A ride that is Avatar based in Beastly Kingdom would be nice. But a whole land I cannot see happening. I have held comment until I could watch Avatar. And Like a said, it was a extremely beautiful work of CGI, very stunning to watch.

Vader2112

Maybe their sun (blue people) will expand and incinerate their solar system :joyfull:
No cause somehow they would spin it off into a Supermanesque story a baby (Pandorian??) will make its way onto a Human ship and have superhuman powers on Earth and be able to communicate with nature ...blah blah blah.

twebber55

Zeitgeist - Avatar isn't in the mind set with people. To put it this way The Minions are more in the zeitgeist than Pandora.
this is the only place you ever hear anything remotely negative about avatar..there are tons of evidence that agrees with me...but again if wdi does a good job it wont matter

twebber55

to the folks against this expansion i simply say pandora should be the least of your concerns in regards to WDW....spirits new post is very concerning to the future of the place

doctornick

to the folks against this expansion i simply say pandora should be the least of your concerns in regards to WDW....spirits new post is very concerning to the future of the place

Seriously. I'm just happy that Pandora -- something tangible for DAK -- is still moving ahead, hopefully with plans for extended hours and a night time show.

Last edited:

GLaDOS

this is the only place you ever hear anything remotely negative about avatar..there are tons of evidence that agrees with me...

Like?

This is the only place you hear negatives about Avatar because this is the only place talking about Avatar. Seriously. It's irrelevant at this time. Yes, I know it made a crapload of money and had shiny graphics. But that's all it's known for. It's not a culturally known or relevant...other than people knowing it made a crapload of money and had shiny graphics. The sequel make a ton of money because the majority of the movie going audience are drones that will see anything with a number slapped onto the end of a familiar title.

I think it's admirable you love Avatar so much. And I think the land will be quality. But if people think Avatar is a culturally relevant juggernaut I think they're kidding themselves.

The majority of the Avatar hits come from the Nickelodeon TV shows...that's all you need to know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom