Tim_4

Original Poster
So how have the plans evolved...this is what I thought was expected for the E ticket.

I hope the boat ride is still in play!

Lou
I wouldn't use "simulator" for what's in play for the E-ticket, for starters. When I think "simulator," I think Star Tours or Soarin where you pitch and lean and sway back and forth but you don't actually GO anywhere. The Avatar E-ticket (as of now) has actual motion through space.

spectromagic04

I wouldn't use "simulator" for what's in play for the E-ticket, for starters. When I think "simulator," I think Star Tours or Soarin where you pitch and lean and sway back and forth but you don't actually GO anywhere. The Avatar E-ticket (as of now) has actual motion through space.
Is the boat ride still in play or was it cut

ezralou

I see and thanks by the way for all the info and engagement about these plans! I try to catagorize these rides in terms of dimensions. What I am picturing is a spiderman with four interactive rooms that the vehicle moves amongst; the simulator aspect implies moving in 2D, with an additonal dimension experienced via translocation to distinct environments. Four environments maybe? I think of spiderman as a simulator on steroids, in contrast to soarin 1.0 which effectively only moves in 2D or UOE which is a 1D movement. Kuka arms would be true 3D movement. I read somehere on these forums of Kuka on a track, which I think of as 4D.

AndyMagic

That's the best news I've heard regarding this project since it was announced. We could be getting a true E-ticket that uses new ride technology and doesn't just shove you in a box and shake you around. That being said, the fact that the ride vehicle will in fact move from place to place won't help matters if the majority of the time we are only looking at screens. I'm hoping for something along the lines of Forbidden Journey integration of screen and full sets instead of that Wii game they installed along a track at Hollywood Studios.

pheneix

So two attractions are still being banked on ending the "3 o'clock" problem? :rolleyes:

I think WDI and DAK see this area retaining guests for 2-3 hours on top of their normal day at DAK. Assuming the park added a legitimate reason to be there at night, DAK would have a decent shot at being a "full-day" park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom