MickeyPeace

The boat ride is the type of attraction that is specifically "Disney". If TDO wants to satisfy their guests they should include it. I love thrill rides and E ticket attractions but it's those relaxing Disney dark rides full of story that keep me coming back. I hope they do the right thing. Also, I'm glad to see people starting to talk positively about this project.

doctornick

The boat ride is the type of attraction that is specifically "Disney". If TDO wants to satisfy their guests they should include it. I love thrill rides and E ticket attractions but it's those relaxing Disney dark rides full of story that keep me coming back. I hope they do the right thing. Also, I'm glad to see people starting to talk positively about this project.

I agree. I personally think that a family oriented "classic Disney" boat ride that thrusts the rider into the environment is the key part of the Avatar expansion. I understand the need and desire for a groundbreaking E-ticket (that will likely have a height restriction) as a big splashy draw, but I think that a solid traditional ride would make a huge impact in terms of the overall appeal of the Avatar land and to help to round out the needs for DAK. A PotC style ride for Avatar would help to solve both the "there's not enough for young kids to do" issue and the "there isn't enough indoors out of the heat" issue and the "lack of repeatable attractions" issue and would make a huge difference in making DAK a "full day park" in the eyes of most guests.

Don't get me wrong, I think just two Avatar rides, plus a night time show, isn't enough to fully shake the "half day park" stigma that DAK has. But it would be a huge step in the right direction.

space42

They seriously better keep the boat ride. That's the only real part of this expansion that interested me.

I'm still not sure what the scope of the boat ride is supposed to be. I hear C-Ticket. What is a C-Ticket boat ride? Something less themed then El Rio or Maelstrom? Would that represent Pandora properly? They really should go big here or why bother with Avatar at all. What it deserves is a large scale E-Ticket boat ride (think Pirates, Mansion, or 20k Leagues in scope) themed to Pandora. That would get me excited about this project. For the ever increasing price of admission - there really is no excuse for it to be anything less then a large scale, fully themed , family style E-Ticket ride that only old school Disney used to build.

doctornick

For those like me who haven't been around for a while on this thread is this still an accurate summary of the rumors for Avatar:

1) E ticket - not a clone of Soarin but something with new technology. Definitely an indoor attraction?
2) Possible additional C ticket - boat ride seems to be out, may be a walk through. Is that still accurate?
3) Stores and restaurant themed to Avatar
4) AK hours to be extended (at least a few hours). Possible night time safaris as well as possible nighttime show which seems to be on life support at this time.
5) Mystery theater project that may or may not be in the plans but probably isn't related to Avatar.

Did I miss anything? Are any of the E-ticket plans more clear at this point? Any chance of concept art and/or a model anytime soon?

I think the shows mentioned in #4 and #5 are the same thing. The insider consensus seems to be that the night time show -- which might be something like World of Color, but I've never seen that confirmed either -- wouldn't necessarily be located in the CMM area.

Also, Martin mentioned some sort of additional attraction that could be built along with the FOTLK in Africa. Might be a lion enclosure or might be a ride (I hope it's the latter).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think the shows mentioned in #4 and #5 are the same thing. The insider consensus seems to be that the night time show -- which might be something like World of Color, but I've never seen that confirmed either -- wouldn't necessarily be located in the CMM area.

Also, Martin mentioned some sort of additional attraction that could be built along with the FOTLK in Africa. Might be a lion enclosure or might be a ride (I hope it's the latter).
In skimming through the last dozen or so pages I saw mention of the additional attraction outside of the Avatar area potentially in Africa but I wasn't clear if it was both that and a nighttime show or just one of the 2. I'm a big fan of adding nighttime hours and the night Safari sounds like a great idea if done properly. I really do hope they keep the boat ride, but it seems like everything from those old "leaked plans" may have been bogus. If we get a nighttime show, night safaris, and a boat ride I am already excited without even seeing the E ticket.

cheezbat

Shows are nice and all, but this park(and DHS) seriously needs rides. What is there...like six rides in the whole park? They need to have at least nine or ten as well as the shows and trails to make the park a truly full day experience in my opinion.

I really don't care to spend my money on either DAK or DHS right now since I don't feel I'm getting my money's worth.

SirLink

Sorry, no. There is another element to the theatre move that is not clear if it is green or not. The theatre itself is moving as discussed.

I know this is late but having got back home from Disneyland ... so can I say is what your referring to "ROAR" goes the lion ;)

Captain Neo

What simulator?

This one:

doctornick

We sure? Looks like a simulator, not a Pandora's Box style system.

I don't think it's ever been confirmed that the Pandora's Box ride system is what is planned for Avatar. However, the insiders here have indicated that the leaked planned just reposted are not longer the active plans and that the ride won't be similar to Soarin' though it would use screens in some capacity.

Tim_4

Original Poster
I don't think it's ever been confirmed that the Pandora's Box ride system is what is planned for Avatar. However, the insiders here have indicated that the leaked planned just reposted are not longer the active plans and that the ride won't be similar to Soarin' though it would use screens in some capacity.
This.

Captain Neo

well i have assurances from someone on the inside that the Avatar plans that leaked online a few months back are still active. It's a boat ride and a big simulator type attraction. Hopefully more details will come to light soon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom