FutureWorld1982

@Tim_4 any update? Another thread indicates delays now due to issues with FOTLK, as reported by OTPN on Twitter. Just wondered if you have anything additional?

Thanks!

I just want to point out something: this delay that we reported could be very minor, and it could be something that may be resolved pretty quickly. Disney has confirmed that there is a delay in the construction of the new FotLK theater, though.

WDWDad13

I still am optimistic about major WDW transformations about to take place over the next 5-10 years ....the Disney springs announcement was a surprise and it is definitely in large scale and best of all....underway (unlike williteverhappenatarland)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I just want to point out something: this delay that we reported could be very minor, and it could be something that may be resolved pretty quickly. Disney has confirmed that there is a delay in the construction of the new FotLK theater, though.

Where did Disney confirm this? As far as I can remember they haven't even officially acknowledged that its moving.

Fox&Hound

Glad some of you liked the blog site. They have other ideas to expand Animal Kingdom too, but my favorite, is the idea of bringing mystic manor from Hong Kong to AK:

http://bwanablog.blogspot.com/search/label/DAK at night

If you scroll down, they do a whole write up on how Mystic Point would be the perfect fit for AK and I agree 100%. I could see Avatar, Mystic Point, and another Disney property ride plus a nightime show and a few restaurants really rounding out AK.

My hope is that Avatar is just the beginning of a new phase for AK. I don't see delays of the Lion King theatre being a cause for alarm-just a little set-back. The only alarm bell I hear is the bell that warns of Avatar's fading obscurity. I hope I'm wrong and that a sequel would revitalize the "franchise" but I guess only time will tell.

PeterAlt

Hard to care when it has been two years since the announcement without any concept art, confirmation of scope, or even a nugget to get excited about.
You can almost say the same about SDL. And that was announced even longer back. True, some concept art has been released, but Disney has yet to confirm any real detail for it. Taken the size of the SDL project, the art released is proportionate to that sole release of that vague shot of the Avatar model.

NoChesterHester

You can almost say the same about SDL. And that was announced even longer back. True, some concept art has been released, but Disney has yet to confirm any real detail for it. Taken the size of the SDL project, the art released is proportionate to that sole release of that vague shot of the the Avatar model.

Sure ok... different audience though.

John

Same thing...there are no plans.

Stop your killing me....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....Of those of you who are big fans of this project....you really need to think this thru. There are so many reasons why this wont happen and so few to say it will. I know I will be labeled a D&Ger and that's fine. I will live with it. But if you ask me Burbank right now has no idea what the He*& they are doing right now except that they are reimagining DTD. Which from a strictly business stand point is a no brainer. But even that is suspect because of the reasons PI /Hyperion Warf plans fell thru....but that's a different subject then what we are discussing here. Why would Burbank sink the amount of cash needed in this project right now? Yes there are other Avatar movies in the pipeline. But just because Cameron is at the helm does that make it automatic success? As of now the IP Avatar might as well have taken eons ago. Its so far from the lexicon of America it isn't funny. Burbank knows that they need to put a large investment in DHS right now. DO you honestly believe in heart of hearts they are going to invest that amount of money in both parks at the same time? And if so why? Also since the announcement of Avland Disney has purchased two significant properties. Why would they pay someone else to use their IP when a much better business strategy would be to use their own in which they need a ROI. So they don't PO Cameron? Cant off someone of his stature? Yea.....well as they say....S%*t happens.

John

IMO the Lion King set back is to give Burbank time......time to figure out their next step. As I said I have nothing that says they know exactly have a short/long term plan for WDW. Of course I never did mention the MM+ program and the money spent on that. Is it a separate budget? yes......you think the BOD cares about that?

twebber55

To me this does nothing other than maybe delay it but i would highly doubt this would cancel it

Dont really want to discuss the same arguments on this particular thread anyway

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom