Skibum1970

The only real progress that I have seen is some dirt movement. I'm glad that they gave themselves several years to complete because they are really poking along.

doctornick

So, regarding the progress of Avatar, I wonder if they will start moving dirt and setting up infrastruction in the CMM area that is currently undeveloped. Once the M&G move to Discovery Island, the only thing in the CMM area will be FOTLK -- they could leave an open path to that theater, while starting to do work north of there (current M&G area) and south (former Pocahontas attraction and current parking). There is no reason that they have to wait until FOTLK is gone to do any work.

bubbles1812

The working title for the new Avatar ride is Flight of Passage.
That sounds like a nature documentary about birds... I'd call it an adequate title. But then most rides don't have exciting titles. Are we going to be flying thru a passage? Is it mutiple passages or just the one? ;) Or are we being initiated into the Navi' and must make our flight to become said Navi'? Does our flight/rite of passage involve fighting a big bad corporation because I forgot to study up on that. ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So, regarding the progress of Avatar, I wonder if they will start moving dirt and setting up infrastruction in the CMM area that is currently undeveloped. Once the M&G move to Discovery Island, the only thing in the CMM area will be FOTLK -- they could leave an open path to that theater, while starting to do work north of there (current M&G area) and south (former Pocahontas attraction and current parking). There is no reason that they have to wait until FOTLK is gone to do any work.

Once the current M&G characters move out of CMM, the Pooh characters move in, so there will still be a M&G there for now.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...ng-to-disney's-animal-kingdom-this-spring.htm

twebber55

The working title for the new Avatar ride is Flight of Passage.
allow me to be overly optimistic here...maybe because the name is flight of passage there is more than one ride...seems like if it were just one ride they would cal it pandora or avatar....feel free to fire away and shoot bullets into my little optimistic POV

lazyboy97o

allow me to be overly optimistic here...maybe because the name is flight of passage there is more than one ride...seems like if it were just one ride they would cal it pandora or avatar....feel free to fire away and shoot bullets into my little optimistic POV
They could load it with qualifiers like Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters Inspired by Disney-Pixar's Toy Story 2.

bubbles1812

More likely...
"Flight of Passage at James Cameron's Pandora: The World of Avatar at Disney's Animal Kingdom".
Ahhh. So. Much. Writing. My eyes! ;)

Seriously though, that's a mouthful... I would call it JC's Fly High in the Sky (with sadly no other rides) Simulator O' Fun personally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom