Suspirian

This is what I was able to get...I know it's hard to see. There's three red balloons in the lagoon and two small platform covered in camo netting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 125

matt9112

This is what I was able to get...I know it's hard to see. There's three red balloons in the lagoon and two small platform covered in camo netting

what is this "lake" i thought all the water in AK "forgive me" was the circular feature that winds all around discovery island.

nick-pappageorgio

Speaking of Google earth, has anyone else noticed the large plot of cleared land, north of Asia and to the east of Kilimanjaro Safaris? If Avatar isn't going there, what is that plot for, or has it always been like that?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Speaking of Google earth, has anyone else noticed the large plot of cleared land, north of Asia and to the east of Kilimanjaro Safaris? If Avatar isn't going there, what is that plot for, or has it always been like that?

It has always been like that. Avatar is going where Camp Minnie Mickey currently is. I assume they are holding on to this plot incase they want to build another large animal oriented attraction.

doctornick

As said, it's always been there. It was originally going to be part of a larger rapids ride (called Tiger River Rapids) that would have be sort of like a safari on the sea with animal enclosures on the sides of the ride. It was a very ambitious idea that was considerably shortened to get to Kali River Rapids.

I'm sure others will be able to comment if other attractions were considered/planned for that space.

At this point, I would expect that some day that land would be used for a new land -- likely Australia or South America -- featuring animal exhibits.

PeterAlt

Joe's internal monologue, "I can't believe they're making me pretend I took a trip to a fake freaking planet."
Pandora is not a fake planet. Pandora is a fake moon of a fake giant gas planet orbiting Alpha Centauri, a real system of 3 stars that actually orbit each other. The Alpha Centauri stars are the closest stars from our sun. The best telescopes have been used to find planets in the Alpha Centauri star system. So far, no planets have been found, but small planets the size of our Earth still may exist. They have, however, ruled out the possibility of giant gas planets, thereby making it impossible for Pandora's giant gas host planet to actually exists, thus sealing its fate as fake.

However, Pandora may exist as a planet, not a moon. They say life exists on Earth in part because our giant gas planet Jupiter is like Earth's big brother, using its enormous gravity to slingshot asteroids and comets away from Earth's trajectory. The star Alpha Centauri B, which orbits Alpha Centauri A, acts like Jupiter and may keep Alpha Centauri A's inner planets safe. Or Alpha Centauri C, which orbits Alpha Centauri B, may have the same effect on the inner planets of Alpha Centauri B - if there are any.

Some times reality is more interesting than fiction!

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Well, based on WHOIS data, it looks convincing. Strange that it was updated on August 8th. It nicely lists a gmail contact address for him. Hope he knows all outside google email he gets is "enhanced".

*1023*

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Avatar's 3D FILM TECHNOLOGY was groundbreaking, The storyline was just the standard PC "Evil Business backed by military attempts to commit genocide in order to loot resources from peaceful aboriginal people, Plot foiled by military man gone native"

IN 2D film is a SyFy movie of the week at best.

which is absolutely your opinion..and i agree life of pi was good
big difference....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
AK is a reality based park what AK needed was another land or a 'sea' or a combination of both Australia and the great barrier reef would have been a great addition to round out the various continents. A Soarin over Oz would have been a AWESOME attraction, Perhaps a 3D reef attraction where you could explore the reef with a virtual reality system for those who will never dive the reef and something similar to KS for a trip through the outback and a 'walkabout' trail.

Instead we get dreck and the blue cat people.

oh i agree its a liberal movie/message and guess what im fairly conservative and realize its just a movie with the ability to be an incredible theme park addition and in no way will they include the military side of this movie...great visuals along with themes to living in harmony in nature will make it incredible

im over talking about this and you re late to the party about arguing over it...lets move on and see the details (if they ever get released) before we bash...it was successful in every way a movie can be successful because you dont like it doesnt mean it wont be great...i may see it and hate it and say WDI did not do it justice who knows

Last edited by a moderator:

Padraig

Please spare me Rosseau's notion of the 'Noble Savage' who lives in complete harmony with nature,

AK is a reality based park what AK needed was another land or a 'sea' or a combination of both Australia and the great barrier reef would have been a great addition to round out the various continents. A Soarin over Oz would have been a AWESOME attraction, Perhaps a 3D reef attraction where you could explore the reef with a virtual reality system for those who will never dive the reef and something similar to KS for a trip through the outback and a 'walkabout' trail.

Instead we get dreck and the blue cat people.

Ah, but AK wasn't envisaged as being a park devoted to reality. There's always been the promise of Mythical creatures - please no need to get into the debate on fictional vs mythical beings.

e.g.
febak1.jpg

CDavid

Ah, but AK wasn't envisaged as being a park devoted to reality. There's always been the promise of Mythical creatures - please no need to get into the debate on fictional vs mythical beings.

It could be argued, however, there is a difference between the mythical creatures (dragons, unicorns, etc.) once intended for Animal Kingdom and purely fictional characters (blue-skinned aliens, Pixar characters, Jar Jar Binks, etc.), Such fictional creations would be found in an Avatar land.

FigmentJedi

e.g.
febak1.jpg

There's a world of difference between mythological creatures that have been a part of human culture for hundreds of years and the creatures that exist in the land of James Cameron's Ego.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom