GoofGoof

Premium Member
Reposting my own post from last year on this subject:

http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Baja_Tickler
So having this by the entrance makes a lot more sense when I read this. These plants detoxify the atmosphere. Perhaps we are in an area where these are prevalent and so that is why we don't need breathing masks.
I don't remember it from the movie, but JC did say there were some small details from the sequels included in the land. Maybe it plays a bigger part in a future movie. Either way, it looks pretty cool.

Atomicmickey

sedati

Another thought could be that as the nature on the planet works as a sort of symbiotic consciousness, when the human invasion began, the toxicity was created to target and fight off this new pathogen. Now, in this more harmonious future time, the planet's nature is more accepting and thereby less toxic to us.

Mike S

So having this by the entrance makes a lot more sense when I read this. These plants detoxify the atmosphere. Perhaps we are in an area where these are prevalent and so that is why we don't need breathing masks.
Yeah, detoxifying by Pandora standards. If it was making the atmosphere inhabitable for humans that could likely be toxifying for natives of Pandora.

matt9112

As I've been saying, beyond the resolution, the projectors have to be BRIGHT and a very high frame rate will also help. 120FPS? Can current tech do that?

Been waiting for someone with inside knowledge to weigh in on the projection technology for a loooong time, though . . .
It looks very similar to a disk-o coaster seat

Zamperla-Disko-Ride.jpg

After you sit down a small black bar lifts up behind you and locks in to secure you from the back. It's very pooh sized friendly.

So isn't the gym! Lmao had too

phi2134

Have any of our trusted sources given us any info on how FOP will mimic a banshee or if there will be some type of "surprise" in the ride such as having an animatronic banshee head pop up in front of the seat when we sync with our avatar?

DDLand

This was a very very good call. I remember your original post on this and your analysis seems to be on the right track.

in one of the interviews with james cameron recently released he said that pandora was under a state of run away global warming/climate change, which i assume was what was making it possible for it to be safe for us. Also information released stated that while the navi are welcoming us to pandora to learn only a few are willing to meet us, the one navi shaman we will meet at the end of the boat ride. I sense some what conflict still between us and them.
In the movie, humans couldn't breath on Pandora due to high green house gas levels in the atmosphere, particularly Carbon Dioxide. What would cause the increased Carbon Dioxide levels? Destruction of plants that act as carbon sinks.

So logically, years after RDA is finished, it would make sense for them to have a resurgent plant life returning to its' place as a carbon sink. That would theoretically halt global warming and make it possible for humans to breath again.

That's how I expect the story to go.

Along with the plant @sedati identified, there's another species too. Vein Pods, that suck the methane out of the air and store it inside their bodies, thus acting as a major methane sink (another green house gas). If RDA had carelessly destroyed thousands of acres of forests that had groves of these vein pods, that could seriously up methane levels.

https://mobile.twitter.com/visitpandora/status/839596716705923073/video/1

I'm starting to think that the next movie will start with Pandora slowly dying. How do the Navi work through this and convince the rest of humanity that they need to fix the mess they made. I'm not exactly sure how you make that into a 5 movie saga though. They're going to need a very good story. I'm a tad worried that James Cameron now has all the time in the world and all the money he could ever want and that him without those constraints could be problematic. Star Wars Prequals are a warning sign. He needs to tread carefully.

By the end, I think everyone will agree there's no need for a sixth film... :hilarious:

Last edited:

sedati

I'm starting to think that the next movie will start with Pandora slowly dying. How do the Navi work through this and convince the rest of humanity that they need to fix the mess they made. I'm not exactly sure how you make that into a 5 movie saga though. They're going to need a very good story. I'm a tad worried that James Cameron now has all the time in the world and all the money he could ever want and that him without those constraints could be problematic. Star Wars Prequals are a warning sign. He needs to tread carefully.

Not a rumor, but pure speculation on my part:

I think the end game is Earth. In the first film (better seen in the expanded edition) we know that Earth has been ruined by man. The Navi have a connection with nature that mankind has either lost or never had.
Imagine taking a Navi to Earth and they teach us how to bring a balance. This isn't their planet however, so they have no real link to our home. Perhaps it is Sam returned to a human body (a clone of his former self could serve as an Avatar for his mind) who, because of his experiences on Pandora, now sees/experiences Earth in a whole new way. By communicating directly with nature, the living Earth is revealed and reborn- a fantastic and mythological version of the planet once only seen in fairy tales and myths.

Mike S

This was a very very good call. I remember your original post on this and your analysis seems to be on the right track.

In the movie, humans couldn't breath on Pandora due to high green house gas levels in the atmosphere, particularly Carbon Dioxide. What would cause the increased Carbon Dioxide levels? Destruction of plants that act as carbon sinks.

So logically, years after RDA is finished, it would make sense for them to have a resurgent plant life returning to its' place as a carbon sink. That would theoretically halt global warming and make it possible for humans to breath again.

That's how I except the story to go.

Along with the plant @sedati identified, there's another species too. Vein Pods, that suck the methane out of the air and store it inside their bodies, thus acting as a major methane sink (another green house gas). If RDA had carelessly destroyed thousands of acres of forests that had groves of these vein pods, that could seriously up methane levels.

https://mobile.twitter.com/visitpandora/status/839596716705923073/video/1

By the end, I think everyone will agree there's no need for a sixth film... :hilarious:
How do we know that Pandora used to be Oxygen rich like Earth and therefore inhabitable for Humans?

rushtest4echo

This is one of the funnier discussions I've seen here. It's like debating why we're not blind after the dilophosaur spits his venom at us on Jurassic Park River Adventure. Better yet, it's like debating why all of us muggles are able to conjure up spells at WWoHP. Forbidden Journey CLEARLY STATES that we, the guests, are muggles. Why are we sold wands and able to perform magic?

Not trying to criticize, just wondering if discussions like this have taken place before because I can't recall any. It's fun though, very informative.

rushtest4echo

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!

Avatar takes place in the future- perhaps humanity has messed things up so badly that our atmosphere (and our adaptations) have grown to something that isn't an nitrogen/oxygen/argon/carbon dioxide any more and we've just evolved to cope with whatever crap is there. When we go to Pandora- it's really just close to "old earth" which us 2017 humans can breathe- but humans generations later can't breathe that "old earth" stuff any more.

Feel free to blow holes in my awesome theory though, this is fun! :)

truecoat

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!

Avatar takes place in the future- perhaps humanity has messed things up so badly that our atmosphere (and our adaptations) have grown to something that isn't an nitrogen/oxygen/argon/carbon dioxide any more and we've just evolved to cope with whatever crap is there. When we go to Pandora- it's really just close to "old earth" which us 2017 humans can breathe- but humans generations later can't breathe that "old earth" stuff any more.

Feel free to blow holes in my awesome theory though, this is fun! :)

How about I imagine I have the breathing apparatus on like I had to imagine I've been shrunk or been flown out to space.

Mike S

This is one of the funnier discussions I've seen here. It's like debating why we're not blind after the dilophosaur spits his venom at us on Jurassic Park River Adventure. Better yet, it's like debating why all of us muggles are able to conjure up spells at WWoHP. Forbidden Journey CLEARLY STATES that we, the guests, are muggles. Why are we sold wands and able to perform magic?

Not trying to criticize, just wondering if discussions like this have taken place before because I can't recall any. It's fun though, very informative.
Gringotts calls us Muggle born. So, we've been retconned to be like Hermione.

And yes these are things I've thought about before. The Dilophosaurus can easily be explained by the fact only a few people might actually get hit in the eye. As we see in the first movie its aim is not always perfect and I think the guy actually can see after he wipes it out of is eyes.

Mike S

I have an even easier explanation. We are at WDW. We don't need space suits on Mission to Mars, We can fly over London in a boat, We don't have to hold our breath Under the Sea. I trust the story line, and can't wait to be in Pandora. Will let you know if I can't breathe. ;)
I'm just very curious to see what they come up with. It was a major point of the movie.

Also, I think we're supposed to believe we're actually on Pandora, not at WDW. Isn't that what immersive storytelling is supposed to do? ;)

Goofyque'

I'm just very curious to see what they come up with. It was a major point of the movie.

Also, I think we're supposed to believe we're actually on Pandora, not at WDW. Isn't that what immersive storytelling is supposed to do? ;)
YES! Exactly why I'm not worried about it! I always feel transported, and I always buy the storyline that makes it possible.
The worry about it is what amuses me. I have no doubt that there is an explanation, and I can't wait to be walking around Pandora! (even if I have to hold my breath! ;)

rushtest4echo

Gringotts calls us Muggle born. So, we've been retconned to be like Hermione.

And yes these are things I've thought about before. The Dilophosaurus can easily be explained by the fact only a few people might actually get hit in the eye. As we see in the first movie its aim is not always perfect and I think the guy actually can see after he wipes it out of is eyes.

Okay, so only a few people on each boat are supposed to go blind? :)

And how are people breathing on Little Mermaid? And why aren't we all impaled on the thorns of the briar patch? And if you've been on Disneyland's Mr Toad- I have some bad news for you concerning your afterlife.:eek::oops::hungover: :devilish:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom