No Name

Is that an AA? :jawdrop:
Assessed to be. No one is sure...the ending kinda throws you off as it may be human.
My thought exactly :eek: It seems too amazing to be real

The animatronics for the Na’vi characters are gonna be fantastic. For example, their early animatronics would use 12 axis of motion and I think the most they’ve ever done was 32 axis recently. I think they’re up to 64 just in the face of the Na’vi characters. So it’s gonna be remarkable. They really see it as a major, major attraction.

- James Cameron, 2014

Yeah, I think it's real. And quite impressive.

In my opinion, that's one of the best questions a person could wonder about a theme park. "Is that real?"

If anyone has more details from the event today, please share!

Neo222

Yeah, not a lot of info at all.
Kind of tough to tell without pics and video but based on the blog it didn't seem like much information was released about the actual attractions.
Just some little facts here and there. It does confirm some things we know so far, though until we get pictures and/or videos, we can't really tell what was really talked about besides a third party account of the panel.

FigmentJedi

Yeah, not a lot of info at all.
Kind of tough to tell without pics and video but based on the blog it didn't seem like much information was released about the actual attractions.
And they spent most of the time roleplaying to the point where James Cameron did this with his own film

Slowjack

That's really raising the bar. I remember the first time I saw the Wicked Witch in the Great Movie Ride, I thought it was an actor. The fact that this figure is getting the same reaction is great news, and shows what Disney is capable when they put their mind to it.

They showed some art/diagrams that I think explains how they will achieve the "riding on a living banshee" thing. To me it seemed like you will straddle a kind of teched-out seat that has been (in story) developed as part of the Avatar program. You'll wear a set of goggles (looked like an enhanced, maybe active 3D headset that may also have speakers?) that will let you see what your Avatar sees. My guess is they may employ a lot of in-theater and seat based effects to give the illusion that you're also feeling/smelling whatever is happening to the Avatar. That's how you'll "feel the banshees breathing". Well played Iger, you lied without lying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom