AVATAR land construction progress

Disneyhead'71

The actual build time is inline with a project of this complexity. The design phase took a long time because of the R&D that went into the 2 new ride systems and the architectural complexity of the floating mountains. And it was announced at the very beginning of the project. Yes, the timeline has been long. But sometimes these things take time.

Universal is looking at a similar timeline for Nintendoland. But to be fair. Universal didn't announce it. Nintendo did. Maybe it would have been smarter for Disney to, instead of announcing the land, announce the closures, and then engage their insider network to "leak" some of the project info.

As far as the FoP ride system, I heard that for the test mock-up they mounted Motorbike Coaster seats on the Pandora's Box Ride System. I think 2 person banshees, 4 banshees per side would be doable.

images

And can you imagine straddling a bashee when it does this?

Pandora's%20Box%20002_thumb%5B1%5D.png

Next Big Thing

I have to wonder how much longer until the tower cranes come down? Surely it can't be too much longer with them needing to do ground work for all of the bio-luminescent stuff and with the floating mountains pretty much done, they aren't getting used as much.

twebber55

He speculates and refers to an odd glass roofed building in that blog post, but I think that looks more like fabric or some sort of mesh than glass. Can't say for sure though.
i was wondering about that
i still dont have a good grasp of what that building will be used for

Goofyque'

hpyhnt 1000

So they went with an elevated boardwalk path between Africa and Pandora. For some reason I wasn't expecting that...

But always nice to see landscaping going in. I'm particularly keen to see how well the man-made trees and plants blend with the real landscaping. Considering the scale of the land, it should be impressive and hopefully fool the eye with seemingly endless vistas.

krk50

I have to wonder how much longer until the tower cranes come down? Surely it can't be too much longer with them needing to do ground work for all of the bio-luminescent stuff and with the floating mountains pretty much done, they aren't getting used as much.
Looks like it won't be anytime soon for the crane furthest from the bus loop. Lots of floating mountain work still to be done on that side.

By the way, lurking for years but first post. Wish it was more exciting.

ABQ

Looks like it won't be anytime soon for the crane furthest from the bus loop. Lots of floating mountain work still to be done on that side.

By the way, lurking for years but first post. Wish it was more exciting.
Welcome! I for one welcome boring over annoying when it comes to any post.

rioriz

The actual build time is inline with a project of this complexity. The design phase took a long time because of the R&D that went into the 2 new ride systems and the architectural complexity of the floating mountains. And it was announced at the very beginning of the project. Yes, the timeline has been long. But sometimes these things take time.

Universal is looking at a similar timeline for Nintendoland. But to be fair. Universal didn't announce it. Nintendo did. Maybe it would have been smarter for Disney to, instead of announcing the land, announce the closures, and then engage their insider network to "leak" some of the project info.

As far as the FoP ride system, I heard that for the test mock-up they mounted Motorbike Coaster seats on the Pandora's Box Ride System. I think 2 person banshees, 4 banshees per side would be doable.

images

And can you imagine straddling a bashee when it does this?

Pandora's%20Box%20002_thumb%5B1%5D.png
I like the way you think!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom