AVATAR land construction progress

JohnWD

Not much has changed, but the right crane was moving this morning.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

twebber55

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Happened to be in the neighborhood...
View attachment 145479

View attachment 145480

View attachment 145481
View attachment 145482
View attachment 145484
The detailing of the rock on the above photo is incredible.
View attachment 145485
View attachment 145486
View attachment 145487
Hopefully we are within a year of this opening. Was speaking to a cast member in Tiffins about this (and if Tiffins is within your budget you are crazy if you don't go). I was told many get to walk by the construction zone and can see the full extent of this project mad it develops. This individual said that they wished the park visitors could see everything beyond the small area that we see because the scope is incredible and the care to detail is tremendous.
Now, this is what I like to hear!

RSoxNo1

To bring this back to the topic at hand, the new additions for Pandora are perfect in this way. What is being added, at least from what we know? A "flying ride" using screen based simulation tech and having some degree thrill level. And a boat ride which is calmer, but using a new ride system allowing greater movement to enhance the effects. Both of these will be quite different from the other (admittedly few) rides in the park. We also will have a new nighttime entertainment unique to the park. All this is a great way of complimenting the existing offerings there. Too much of any type of experience in one setting is not ideal which this expansion seems to be avoiding.

It's also two IP rides in a park that doesn't have any IP rides. Two indoor rides in a park that only has one other indoor ride. One simulator in a park that doesn't have any. One boat ride in a park that only has one other water ride. This will help round out the attraction lineup.

I'd hope that the next additions after Avatar are some family friendly dark rides.

Last edited:

KingOfEpicocity

It's also two IP rides in a park that doesn't have an IP rides. Two indoor rides in a park that only has one other indoor ride. One simulator in a park that doesn't have any. One boat ride in a park that only has one other water ride. This will help round out the attraction lineup.

I'd hope that the next additions after Avatar are some family friendly dark rides.

Again screens are okay as long as they aren't over used. FOP is the only major E ticket to be all screens in DAK. and one of the few in WDW.

HouseHacker97

Again screens are okay as long as they aren't over used. FOP is the only major E ticket to be all screens in DAK. and one of the few in WDW.

I'd be willing to bet the queue/boarding areas/everything else in the building will include plenty of AA's, detailed rock work , and other theming that will make you forget the actual "ride" is a screen

Mike S

I'd be willing to bet the queue/boarding areas/everything else in the building will include plenty of AA's, detailed rock work , and other theming that will make you forget the actual "ride" is a screen
This has actually been done for another ride but it's still bashed for being screen heavy. I just want a great experience and I'm sure FoP will deliver.

ctxak98

This has actually been done for another ride but it's still bashed for being screen heavy. I just want a great experience and I'm sure FoP will deliver.
I think it has more to do with it being a heavily screen based ride in an already so "screen reliant" theme park. It works well in moderation and I think it works well for that ride too! Doesn't make me upset!

Last edited:

flyerjab

I think that DAK is an exceptionally well-balanced park. Part of the conceit is that going to a theme park one should also appeciate the natural world that is at the forefront of what this park boasts. Fortunately for me, I love the animal areas of this park; they are all exceptionally executed and themed to the hilt.

As one other poster highlighted above, there is already great diversity in ride selection for DAK (the use of animals as attractions obviously gives this park a chance to diversify even more). Simply put, there are options here that don't exist in other theme parks unless we add zoos into the discussion (which we won't ;)). Adding Pandora to this park only builds upon this diversity. We will be getting a state of the art simulator ride and a family friendly boat ride - 2 different ride additions to an already diversified lineup. More importantly, both rides are also indoor and will stay open until the park closes.

Having just visited several days ago, I am with @twebber55 in thinking that the scaffolding should start disappearing by the end of the summer. The only unfortunate reality tied to that opinion is that the only visible sections of construction will be finished and we will be relegated to waiting for months and months until this menagerie finally debuts next year. But at least we are down to months instead of years.

Mike S

I think that DAK is an exceptionally well-balanced park. Part of the conceit is that going to a theme park one should also appeciate the natural world that is at the forefront of what this park boasts. Fortunately for me, I love the animal areas of this park; they are all exceptionally executed and themed to the hilt.

As one other poster highlighted above, there is already great diversity in ride selection for DAK (the use of animals as attractions obviously gives this park a chance to diversify even more). Simply put, there are options here that don't exist in other theme parks unless we add zoos into the discussion (which we won't ;)). Adding Pandora to this park only builds upon this diversity. We will be getting a state of the art simulator ride and a family friendly boat ride - 2 different ride additions to an already diversified lineup. More importantly, both rides are also indoor and will stay open until the park closes.

Having just visited several days ago, I am with @twebber55 in thinking that the scaffolding should start disappearing by the end of the summer. The only unfortunate reality tied to that opinion is that the only visible sections of construction will be finished and we will be relegated to waiting for months and months until this menagerie finally debuts next year. But at least we are down to months instead of years.
They can't stop here for another decade+ though. Jungle Book ride, South America/Australia, and a new Dinoland are needed to make the park even more attractive.

flyerjab

They can't stop here for another decade+ though. Jungle Book ride, South America/Australia, and a new Dinoland are needed to make the park even more attractive.

Agreed. Beyond Pandora, that is the next question that needs to be answered. Having just visited this park at night this past Thursday, it simply needs more to do at night (and during the day for some people). Both animal trails and Rafikis - including the train, are closed. That makes a big difference.

Pandora will help this to a degree, but another expansion is needed. African parties and carnivales are nice and all, and the ToL show is spectacular, but more rides are needed. I am all for South America and the rain forest. And an outpost related to the S.E.A. backstory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom