AVATAR land construction progress

KingOfEpicocity

Disney is moving towards screens as well or have you not noticed the new Pirates ride in Shanghai? The River Journey could be using similar tech to that (yes, even those oh so terrible dreaded screens) and both Star Wars rides will have screens as well. Here's a fun fact based what I've seen/read as well.

AAs in Kong: 11 (4 in the ride, 2 in the queue, one in each of the 5 vehicles)

AAs in Shanghai Pirates: 4 in the ride

F&F and Fallon most likely won't have AAs but Nintendo is rumored to be more physical than screen based. I'm at the point where I just want great rides. If it uses screens very effectively I don't care. They're able to pull off things not possible with a set.

Well... Toy story land, Roarin Rapids, both are Screenless. Screens are okay when they enhance a ride. Not when they ARE the ride (Kong)

Disney Analyst

You don't know that Avatar has a non screen based ride. You're assuming the boat ride doesn't. I wouldn't assume that at all. I bet it winds up having some screens somewhere in the midst of the real scenes. There's a lot they can do in there with them.

Screen based means the ride relies on screens to tell the story. The boat journey does not.

Mike S

Well... Toy story land, Roarin Rapids, both are Screenless. Screens are okay when they enhance a ride. Not when they ARE the ride (Kong)
TSL? Really? Lol. The AA in Roaring Rapids may be impressive when it finally gets going but the ride is no comparison to Pirates. Also, how do you feel about Soarin'? Test Track 2.0? Nemo? Mission: SPACE? UoE? Gran Fiesta? TSMM? Star Tours?

KingOfEpicocity

TSL? Really? Lol. The AA in Roaring Rapids may be impressive when it finally gets going but the ride is no comparison to Pirates. Also, how do you feel about Soarin'? Test Track 2.0? Nemo? Mission: SPACE? UoE? Gran Fiesta? TSMM? Star Tours?

Right. Luckily we have many other screen free attractions too. Dont all of universals "signature" attractions feature screens prominently?

twebber55

We don't know that yet. We literally know nothing about the boat ride other than it goes through a river. And a possible path through the building. We have seen some nice concept art, but everything in that art could be screen based. There's no way to tell.
my guess is there will be some screens on the boat ride but thats just a guess

rioriz

oh where oh where can those little (large) screens be? oh where oh where can they be.....?

Attachments

35.1 KB · Views: 184

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom